New Rotovac CFX ZX can run 200' of vacuum hose?!?! Thoughts?? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

New Rotovac CFX ZX can run 200' of vacuum hose?!?! Thoughts??

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Frein
Business Location
United States
220 inches of lift, and damn my truck mount only gets 13 inches of lift *cries*

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Frein
Business Location
United States
Yeah I hate these bullshit videos that are designed to fool the ignorant.

Reactions: Johnny Bravo

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
The best way ...imo....to assess these portables is simply to take 1 vac motor with the specs from the factory....

these are the specs on the top 3 vac motors:

1 VAC MOTOR
1..LX - MYTEE
147" lift
173 cfm

2. ZX - ROTOVAC
140" LIFT
167 CFM

3. 84 - CROSS-AMERICA
146" lift
140 cfm

they all look pretty close to me with the 84 lagging a little in cfm

CCWorks

Premium VIP
Jan 3, 2010
Michigan
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States
The best way ...imo....to assess these portables is simply to take 1 vac motor with the specs from the factory....

these are the specs on the top 3 vac motors:

1 VAC MOTOR
1..LX - MYTEE
147" lift
173 cfm

2. ZX - ROTOVAC
140" LIFT
167 CFM

3. 84 - CROSS-AMERICA
146" lift
140 cfm

they all look pretty close to me with the 84 lagging a little in cfm
I think you for got to list max and minimum amp use.

Amp use is very important when using portables.
Amp use is kind of like lift and air flow

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
For 2 high air watt motors in series as listed above:

Two single stage motors in series have the best CFM and good lift for a series arrangement.

Two dual stage motors in series have the best lift and good CFM for a series arrangement.

Two stages total, win for CFM. Four stages total, win for lift. Three stages total in series gleans the best of both arrangements IMO.

Steam It.

Aug 24, 2008
New Braunfels
Real Name
Don Heto
For 2 high air watt motors in series as listed above:

Two single stage motors in series have the best CFM and good lift for a series arrangement.

Two dual stage motors in series have the best lift and good CFM for a series arrangement.

Two stages total, win for CFM. Four stages total, win for lift. Three stages total in series gleans the best of both arrangements IMO.
You answered my question before I got done typing.

Reactions: Jim Davisson

AZHome&Carpet

Banned
Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
From the 8.4s to the LXs you can feel the difference. Not massive, but it’s clear they have more lift. I can’t say myself, but have read several times the ZXs have not been performing as stated.

DakotaG

Dec 20, 2018
Real Name
Dakota Gray
220 inches of lift, and damn my truck mount only gets 13 inches of lift *cries*
In my testing with my two ZX I actually got 243" of lift...not tested on the recovery tank yet just the two motors to each other

John LaBarbera

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Sep 13, 2008
San Diego, Ca
www.mytee.com
Real Name
John LaBarbera
From the 8.4s to the LXs you can feel the difference. Not massive, but it’s clear they have more lift. I can’t say myself, but have read several times the ZXs have not been performing as stated.
It’s very difficult to measure difference of a vacuum with our hand accurately. By far the best test is using a water lift gauge and cfm meter. Put the lift gauge on the vaccum head of the carpet tool allows you to measure the vacuum actually performing work. That makes sense to me because that how we measure our employees. By the quality and volume of their work product. By doing our testing this way we see the unequaled performance of the LX motors. It takes a little more work but than we benefit because we can see through the bogus claims of performance.

DakotaG

Dec 20, 2018
Real Name
Dakota Gray
Just because my have doesn't mean they all are but mine have performed exactly to specs

Reactions: AZHome&Carpet

AZHome&Carpet

Banned
Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
It’s very difficult to measure difference of a vacuum with our hand accurately. By far the best test is using a water lift gauge and cfm meter. Put the lift gauge on the vaccum head of the carpet tool allows you to measure the vacuum actually performing work. That makes sense to me because that how we measure our employees. By the quality and volume of their work product. By doing our testing this way we see the unequaled performance of the LX motors. It takes a little more work but than we benefit because we can see through the bogus claims of performance.
Agreed 100% working side by side however totally unscientific I’m getting better results with the LXs then I did with the 8.4s. When you use the equipment everyday you can tell. But I don’t have any test equipment.
With my new Mytee machines I’m trying to be a little less opinionated and basing my opinions more on daily use and observation.

Reactions: Ymetimme and J20770

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
yes that is a good example with the employees john , another thing to add is that testing the power at the machine is like interviewing an employee, the employee can say that i am very hard work but the real testing for that employee would be in the field.

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
I think you for got to list max and minimum amp use.

Amp use is very important when using portables.
Amp use is kind of like lift and air flow
1. mytee - LX - 15 amp....STEAMBRITE's test 15.5 AMP
https://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video;_ylt=A0geK.BwHvFcer0AvBhXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTEyc2wxbzd0BGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDQjcwMTJfMQRzZWMDc2M-?p=steambrite&fr=mcafee#id=5&vid=87091069c270c0c6f6682534d05e3ff6&action=view
2. ROTOVAC - ZX - 14 amp

3. CROSS - AMERICA 84 - 13-14 amp???

Reactions: CCWorks

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
I have 6.6 in parallel, 5.7 hp 3 stage in parallel and lx in series, to compare these not in numbers but with experience the lx is the winner, lx will outperform the 6.6 in parallel, however it really feels that 5.7s they are close, i use my lx on one week and change it to the 5.7 the other week, i can see some difference but not alot, but the lx is far much more superior to the 6.6. the 5.7 also gives a good amount of lift, imo better then the 6.6.