New Rotovac 15in glide head warning!!! Junk | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

New Rotovac 15in glide head warning!!! Junk

powerwashcarpetcleaning

Jul 17, 2012
Palmdale, CA
Real Name
Walter Arauz
I knew it wouldn't be as good as the Trex, but sure was interested in speeding up my cleaning. I also knew it probably wouldn't do well on nasties but I was willing to try it to improve as I am always chasing improvement.

On a good note is it a good idea. Yes, after trying it for about 12 houses it definitely sped up my cleaning times. Keep in mind I did baby the thing and only used it for light to med soil, starting with light soiled carpets only. Carpets where cleaned better than expected and dried twice as fast as my quad head. So there is potential...

What is the problem:

I noticed after the first 2 uses the Teflon glides had dents and gouges. I figured I must of hit something but was suspicious from that point on. After every job the Teflon was eaten more and more, so I figured the Teflon used for these glides are of the cheapest material. My thoughts were more than proven today, the glides look like I ran them on straight concrete, this was after a light soiled carpet today. I noticed a decreased suction and thought the glides might be clogged. They were clogged on its own Teflon. Yes WOW for the price there is no excuse for this material I will call RV Monday morning as this came with a 30 day money back warranty, if it only had the 7 day I would be screwed.

20130628_175950.jpg
20130628_180949.jpg
20130628_180956.jpg

Deron06

Deron
Premium VIP
Sep 25, 2010
Real Name
Deron Najarian
Business Location
United States
Holy hell, it looks like you ran it in a sand box. It must be cheap material because RX20 glides do not shred like that, so quickly. Now lets see........which looks like a higher quality head. This?
RV3604vheadwithglides_zpsebb7f316.jpg

...............or this??

2013-01-24_11-10-39_978_zpsae6324b9.jpg

Troyster

Apr 24, 2013
Terrace BC
Real Name
Troy Sims
Business Location
Canada
I knew it wouldn't be as good as the Trex, but sure was interested in speeding up my cleaning. I also knew it probably wouldn't do well on nasties but I was willing to try it to improve as I am always chasing improvement.

On a good note is it a good idea. Yes, after trying it for about 12 houses it definitely sped up my cleaning times. Keep in mind I did baby the thing and only used it for light to med soil, starting with light soiled carpets only. Carpets where cleaned better than expected and dried twice as fast as my quad head. So there is potential...

What is the problem:

I noticed after the first 2 uses the Teflon glides had dents and gouges. I figured I must of hit something but was suspicious from that point on. After every job the Teflon was eaten more and more, so I figured the Teflon used for these glides are of the cheapest material. My thoughts were more than proven today, the glides look like I ran them on straight concrete, this was after a light soiled carpet today. I noticed a decreased suction and thought the glides might be clogged. They were clogged on its own Teflon. Yes WOW for the price there is no excuse for this material I will call RV Monday morning as this came with a 30 day money back warranty, if it only had the 7 day I would be screwed.

View attachment 18656View attachment 18657View attachment 18658
that's pathetic! no quality control! can't blame you I would be pissed!

JD5150

Oct 24, 2010
Real Name
JD S
Business Location
United States
Thank you for posting this. I almost ordered a 15 inch head on Thursday but got called out on another job and Friday was booked full. I thought I would order it Monday morning but now I will have to wait to see if Rotovac figures this out. That T-Rex is sure looking Mytee fine :D.

Reactions: John LaBarbera

Gasoline

EcoTech Carpet Clean: The Green Choice
Premium VIP
Apr 11, 2011
PA
ecotechcarpetclean.com
Real Name
Robert Naples
Business Location
United States

What is the problem:

View attachment 18656View attachment 18657View attachment 18658

Are you returning it? Or are you going to get the teflon replaced? - r u keeping it?

The Dirt Army

Premium VIP
Oct 9, 2011
Temecula, California
Real Name
Gary Hite
Business Location
United States
I would return it to teach them a lesson. Did they not try these glides out before advertising to the masses? Almost bought one...not gonna happen now. Maybe Rob or Tre can change the pic of the 15" head ad that always plays to yours.

powerwashcarpetcleaning

Jul 17, 2012
Palmdale, CA
Real Name
Walter Arauz
Keep in mind when I say 12 houses, Im not talking 12 full houses more like 3 rms here, liv/din there, nothing big. I also started it off easy on it with only light soil and gradually moving it up to light - med soil. The biggest house I used it on was yesterday 3rm, hallway, din/liv rm, fam rm and was not at very dirty. Even vacuumed prior to cleaning.

Its funny how they claimed this was put to test out in the field with great reviews. When I asked them on this forum who has used and tested it they had no answer.

These were the posts:
If you want to try the most user friendly and best performing rotary extractor on the market you should take a look at the new Rotovac lineup.

Rotovac has now introduced a new 360i with a larger 15" carpet cleaning head. The 360i-15 cleans about 25% faster than the standard 360i and has a combination of 2 holed and 2 slotted Teflon vacuum shoes which leave the carpet drier and run smoother than ever. The Teflon vac shoes create much less drag than steel shoes on the carpet so the 15” head actually is easier on the motor than the 12” Swoop head. The holed vacuum shoes leave the carpet drier than slotted but don’t pick up carpet filler fiber and debris as well. The combination of the two (holed and slotted) gets you the best of both worlds. You can also customize it any way you want (all slotted or all holed). The 15” head and shroud kit will retro fit on to any 360i. This 15" head has been thoroughly tested by numerous cleaners in the field with fantastic feedback. The 360i is a proven design and the 15" head comes with a 30 day money back trial so you really can't go wrong with this unit. Check it out at www.rotovac.com.​
I love my RV360 but no one has even seen this 15in head in action. Who has tested it that we know of, how do I know it is better than the Trex or even better than my quad head. How is it a proven design? Any videos?

Read more: http://www.truckmountforums.com/threads/t-rex-does-it-again.42535/page-4#ixzz2XchcRcap

Here was the response:
I love my RV360 but no one has even seen this 15in head in action. Who has tested it that we know of, how do I know it is better than the Trex or even better than my quad head. How is it a proven design? Any videos?​
Take one out for a test spin. 30 day money back trial!

Read more: http://www.truckmountforums.com/threads/t-rex-does-it-again.42535/page-4#ixzz2XchooIGU

Joe Kennedy

Staff member
Dec 11, 2011
Arizona
Real Name
Joe K
Business Location
United States
I have said it many times, The only ones making a killing in our industry are the ones making the equipment.

Reactions: Troyster

Deron06

Deron
Premium VIP
Sep 25, 2010
Real Name
Deron Najarian
Business Location
United States
In all fairness to Rotovac, you guys have to realize that sometimes it is the vendors that screw the manufacturers over. They could have built Rotovac some prototype teflon vac shoes that were of good quality and then when production time came, they used a different, cheaper material. I don't know if this is what happened but it is possible.

Having said this, you can't put lipstick on an RV360i and turn it into a T Rex. I am telling you all; I know rotaries and the T Rex is above them all. The RV360i has its virtues and is a very useful tool, just the way it is. They should leave it alone and stop trying to make it something it is not.

iluvcarpet2

Jan 4, 2009
idaho
Real Name
matt mitchell
Business Location
United States
That's to bad about the 360i 15. I would like get a trex but I know you should never buy the first of anything because they havent work out all the bugs. Look how much better the 360i is than the 360. Also the trex is a heavy beast and the rotovac is a nice weight for carrying around all day. I know everyone will say the 360i is to light but I know my body is hurting at the end of the day after cleaning some of these big homes.

Troyster

Apr 24, 2013
Terrace BC
Real Name
Troy Sims
Business Location
Canada
every carpet cleaner wants a great head not something that looks like it has teeth marks in it!:eek:

Reactions: steamsters

Deron06

Deron
Premium VIP
Sep 25, 2010
Real Name
Deron Najarian
Business Location
United States
So it sounds like they just have to address the glides and it'll be a great head?
I would say that "great" is stretching it. The already light weight of the RV360 will be displaced over a larger area. It will have less agitation than the standard head. "Great" has been re-defined by the T Rex. I still say that the RV360i is a great choice for a portable user. It is still a very good tool on residential carpet. I think that I would rather have the 4 standard head version that Rob Allen was selling and not 15". Putting 345 tires on a Civic does not make it a Viper. It makes it look like a stupid economy car that wants to be something it is not. The RV360i is an economy car and a good one. Leave it alone, Rotovac. If anything, just drop the price to where it should be.

Reactions: Troyster

Gary Getman

Dec 2, 2010
florida
Real Name
gary getman
Business Location
United States
I get some scrapes on my Rx20 delrin glides from tack strips but only on the outside edge. Those scrapes on RV glides look like builders grade carpet on pin metal damage. Since running glides on my Rx20 I've had to take care not to hover around pin metal, z bar or carpet to tile thresholds where tack strips will damage my glides. No doubt that glides last longer on CGD. For residential, the Trex seems to be the hot set up with solid metal open slot skids that won't wear and is able to pass lint easily.

Reactions: John LaBarbera