New Rotovac 15in Glide head REREVIEW! | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

New Rotovac 15in Glide head REREVIEW!

powerwashcarpetcleaning

Jul 17, 2012
Palmdale, CA
Real Name
Walter Arauz
After having horrible results with the first glides, Rotovac was quick to replace the glide shoes. I have been hesitant to try them due to my last experience after getting a call from RV to follow up I decided to put it on the floor.

This was the first time I've used it and these are before and after pictures of the glide head. I did a 1 bed rm apt, which cleaned up nice and glides look good. As I do more jobs I will post more pics to follow the progress of the wear on the glides giving a more real time view.

ROUND 1

Before
20130730_210146.jpg

20130730_210112.jpg

20130730_215044.jpg
20130730_215028.jpg
20130730_215035.jpg

The last three are after.

Reactions: admin

powerwashcarpetcleaning

Jul 17, 2012
Palmdale, CA
Real Name
Walter Arauz
Yes, I was impressed with the first round, only one nick on the end of one shoe due to a tack holding a cable wire that I didn't see. Other than that they look good...

Well see on round 2 and 3 etc... as I will post more before and after pics. If this holds up, this head will be a goldmine with improved time in cleaning IMO.

Deron06

Deron
Premium VIP
Sep 25, 2010
Real Name
Deron Najarian
Business Location
United States
I sold my Rotovac because I was not using it anymore. I could not clean my customers' house one day with a T Rex and then the next time with the Rotovac. They were complaining. I think it was more mental than anything but the Rotovac's diminutive appearance affected their perception of it and it had to go. For other people with different business models, it is a good machine.

I market my business with an image of brute power and the RV wasn't fulfilling that role. The T Rex, heavily modified WarHoss, RDM (to a lesser degree) and RX20's represent the image well.

powerwashcarpetcleaning

Jul 17, 2012
Palmdale, CA
Real Name
Walter Arauz
Third cleaning, I had to stop on the 3rd rm of a 4rm job. The reason is I saw the glides getting worse so before they look like I ran them on concrete I switched to the trusty quad head. Notice on the pictures one is not as bad as the other three.

I definitely will be sending this head back to RV for a refund. Before anyone thinks Im doing this on purpose take a moment to look at my website main page and carpet cleaning page and notice my selling point is the RV system. I just cannot put my stamp of approval on this head and Ill be surprised if anyone with a good reputation doing so they said theyve sold hundreds, I must be very unlucky. I own every head for the RV360i so I have tried them all. I paid for all these heads my self so I have a right to review my findings. Now if they would of sent me one to test my feedback would be only to them.

20130802_192552.jpg
20130802_192603.jpg
20130802_192612.jpg
20130802_192617.jpg

powerwashcarpetcleaning

Jul 17, 2012
Palmdale, CA
Real Name
Walter Arauz
For the record, I did look out very much so for tack strips, nails, debri, etc... The third round had no padding in the rental with the same result. I got a big job coming up for a big university and was hoping to use the teflon head, I think that is out of the question now.

Kevin Dumas

Aug 31, 2008
Binghamton, NY
Real Name
Kevin Dumas
For the record, I did look out very much so for tack strips, nails, debri, etc... The third round had no padding in the rental with the same result. I got a big job coming up for a big university and was hoping to use the teflon head, I think that is out of the question now.

One question???
Do you wand out the edges of a room or do you try to run the 360 tight to the wall?

Gasoline

EcoTech Carpet Clean: The Green Choice
Premium VIP
Apr 11, 2011
PA
ecotechcarpetclean.com
Real Name
Robert Naples
Business Location
United States
One question???
Do you wand out the edges of a room or do you try to run the 360 tight to the wall?
Tack strips on the edges? They could have an effect on the glides? It looks like most of the wearing is on the end of the glides.

powerwashcarpetcleaning

Jul 17, 2012
Palmdale, CA
Real Name
Walter Arauz
I usually run my 360I with the quad head up against the wall and push in to edge as much as I can but with this head and the issue I had last time, I kept it away from the walls. If you look at round 2 pictures the wear and scratches begin from the inside out, which I cannot understand or figure out and I did not move or rotate the shoes. Remember that was just my second job with it. On the third job it ate more evenly.

Keep in mind if it was the tack strips then only the outer edges would show damage IMO.

powerwashcarpetcleaning

Jul 17, 2012
Palmdale, CA
Real Name
Walter Arauz
Actually the only thing I have been thinking of is the North Star Heat that is at 220 dg and spikes up at times. I wonder what the softening point is of that teflon remember it is like a steam chamber in that shroud shield with consistent heat...

Any teflon experts out there that can help out with this theory?

PhilipNick

Sep 13, 2008
Phoenix
Real Name
Philip Nick
I see a lot of hair and sand sticking to the head. Do you vacuum? I do also see the tack strips being a problem on any glide. You really need to wand the edges regardless of the rotary you use. Otherwise you aren't getting the edges done properly.

powerwashcarpetcleaning

Jul 17, 2012
Palmdale, CA
Real Name
Walter Arauz
Yes these were well vacuumed keep in mind, the vacuum does not pull deep down inside like the RV, which is the purpose of cleaning with the RV. All that stuff you see on the pictures came out from deep in the fibers. Keep in mind I live in the dessert and sand gets in the homes on a regular basis.

Gasoline

EcoTech Carpet Clean: The Green Choice
Premium VIP
Apr 11, 2011
PA
ecotechcarpetclean.com
Real Name
Robert Naples
Business Location
United States
Damn mystery. Did anyone have this problem with the standard sized one?