New Project | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

New Project

Dream Clean

Oct 3, 2018
Real Name
Emerson Campbell
Hey all,

I was just struck with a brilliant idea while falling down a youtube hole. I have some old multi sprayers, the 120v corded ones. The pumps are close to shot in both of them. So I'm going to throw in a 12v pump and wire it to run off the Milwaukee m12 batteries I already have a pile of for work. Estimated cost- $275. Any suggestions for features I should add to this monstrosity?

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
Hey all,

I was just struck with a brilliant idea while falling down a youtube hole. I have some old multi sprayers, the 120v corded ones. The pumps are close to shot in both of them. So I'm going to throw in a 12v pump and wire it to run off the Milwaukee m12 batteries I already have a pile of for work. Estimated cost- $275. Any suggestions for features I should add to this monstrosity?
Whatever you do, don't equip your new sprayer with a 150 ' of hose. Will $275 take care of bunch of multi sprayers or just one?

Dream Clean

Oct 3, 2018
Real Name
Emerson Campbell
Whatever you do, don't equip your new sprayer with a 150 ' of hose. Will $275 take care of bunch of multi sprayers or just one?
I'm keeping the hose stock but might change the sprayer handle. and just one. It's $218 I think for the new pump and then a fuse for safety and the battery cradle and any mounting hardware. I'm only one guy so one is all I need for now.

Also the stock battery on one you buy made is 12V and 7.5 AH. I'm going to use a 12V and either 6AH or 2- 3AH batteries, but they have like a 30-40 minute charge time and I have an inverter for a standard wall charger in the van. Should have no issues keeping it charged all day no matter the job.

Dream Clean

Oct 3, 2018
Real Name
Emerson Campbell
Takes the fun out of the project and barely any more money but.......

As much as I would like that my higher ups are all weird. "I need $300 to fix equipment." is a lot easier to swing than "I need $300 for a new sprayer." Most of them have no idea what I actually do all day so I try to keep to myself without giving the impression I'm always just buying new toys. Job politics but I play by their rules. Also each extra tank assembly is another $170 compared to $20 for a multi sprayer jug.