New Product Review "Clean Free" by Bridgepoint | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

New Product Review "Clean Free" by Bridgepoint

Richard Baldwin

Premium VIP
Sep 5, 2008
Ontario
www.expertcarpet-care.com
Real Name
Richard Baldwin
Ok I've gone through an entire 8lb jar of Cleanfree and now feel I can give it an honest review.

Performance:
Cleanfree performs well, I've used it on several different carpet types from medium to heavy soiling and found that I did not need a boosting agent (citrus sol, peroxide) when cleaning heavy soil or stained carpet.

Odour:
When mixing with superheated water at the truckmount like I do with my courtesy hose, Cleanfree emits a strong vapor that causes me to choke should I get a whiff of it while mixing. However, once it is mixed, there is virtually no odour while using it, even when spraying a large area in an enclosed room. I think the odour is from the percarbonate reacting with the water when you first mix it.

Cost:
Because it is a powder, it mixes the same ratio as most powders, I do 6 scoops to a hydroforce since the directions on all powders is quite confusing due to the fact they want you to "weigh" the powder. Powders are always far more cost effective than liquids. If you are willing to spend a little more effort mixing it, you will find it well worth that extra effort. I didnt get an exact count, but I'd say I filled the hydroforce at least a dozen times out of one jug.

Heath/Safety
I would rate this super safe to use, just don't breathe it while mixing. It is completely detergent free and it mainly built on Sodium Percarbonate (powdered peroxide) with some other agents in it, but nothing dangerous. Read the MSDS sheet to get more accurate information but you will see a health rating of 1.

Summary:
I like the product. I am willing to order more of it. Kudos to Bridgepoint!
Winter Yurt Trip 006.JPG

Reactions: bassplyr

Kenny Wright

Jan 29, 2009
Virginia
Real Name
Kenny Wright
Business Location
United States
I don't use it as a rinse but I use it very often as a prespray then rinse with plain hot water. It works exceptionally well on synthetic carpet and is also a good upholstery cleaner. Richard gave a good assessment but I would add that it rinses easily and has no foaming.

I have found that when I use it I prespray in smaller section before rinsing because it seems to dry relatively quickly. It may be my imagination but I could swear that I don't need to use nearly as much agitation as is needed with many presprays. Typically, When I prespray with Clean Free I keep a Fels Naptha bar handy and that is the only spotter I need (if needed at all). Like other powders, it mixes much easier if the hot water goes in the Hydroforce sprayer before adding the powder.

Richard Baldwin

Premium VIP
Sep 5, 2008
Ontario
Real Name
Richard Baldwin
I use it as a prespray. I gave up on rinses, I use my chem jug for disinfect/deo option now.

I actually dont agitate at all with the clean free, if I hit a particularly tough spot I'll just spray a second time and go over it with the wand a few times. With 200-210 at the wand and 400psi it pretty much gets everything up!

Hydroforce I mix 6 scoops into a canister and add super hot water until about 1/2 full with the courtesy hose (wear gloves) Mix with a stir stick, then pour that with a large funnel into the hydroforce. Then use the courtesy hose to top up the hydroforce. Perfectly mixed powdered product in the HF.

This is an old video from last summer, but it shows how I do it. Nowadays I actually have the larger funnel so it's much easier and faster than shown here.

[video=youtube;IoJXROArPMw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoJXROArPMw&feature=plcp&context=C3623d69UDOEgsToPDskIIuEJBMobvPVq4aY8UaIsc[/video]

GreenTechAgain

Dec 12, 2009
Holiday, FL
www.GreenTechCarpetCleaning.com
Real Name
Ross Martin
Business Location
United States
This is an old video from last summer, but it shows how I do it. Nowadays I actually have the larger funnel so it's much easier and faster than shown here.

[video=youtube;IoJXROArPMw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoJXROArPMw&feature=plcp&context=C3623d69UDOEgsToPDskIIuEJBMobvPVq4aY8UaIsc[/video]
Summer? There is snow on the ground. I am sooo glad that I live in Florida!!!

Jeff Maietta

Happy Days!
Aug 15, 2012
Everywhere
Real Name
Geoff Maieta
Business Location
United States
Richard, are you still liking CleanFree? Anything it does not work well on or that I need to be careful of using it in? I heard of one guy using it in his chemical injector to use it as his rinse and prespray all in one shot. Is it that good? Could be good on the places we clean that really don't need to be cleaned, if that makes sense.

Richard Baldwin

Premium VIP
Sep 5, 2008
Ontario
Real Name
Richard Baldwin
It does make sense Jeff, and those are the jobs you want! I still use clean free, there is also another product from Jondon, since they don't sell Bridgepoint products (for some unknown reason) , it's Called Enviro X, I think its made by pro's choice. Its the same thing pretty much except it has a rusty color when you mix it. Works good, pretty much as good as Clean free. Again, another non-detergent carbonated prespray.

Reactions: Aaron P

Jeff Maietta

Happy Days!
Aug 15, 2012
Everywhere
Real Name
Geoff Maieta
Business Location
United States
It does make sense Jeff, and those are the jobs you want! I still use clean free, there is also another product from Jondon, since they don't sell Bridgepoint products (for some unknown reason) , it's Called Enviro X, I think its made by pro's choice. Its the same thing pretty much except it has a rusty color when you mix it. Works good, pretty much as good as Clean free. Again, another non-detergent carbonated prespray.
Thank you Richard!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using TMF Forums mobile app

Reactions: Richard Baldwin

Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States
I used Clean Free yesterday on one of those jobs that only needed attention to the traffic lanes .
Pre sprayed with the Clean Free. Agitated the traffic lanes. Rinsed 180 degrees. 350 psi.
Thought TLs could be better and scrubbed them with a Fels bar. TLs distorted/worn Fels did not help much.
Mascara , blood and other unknown stains removed . Happy customer.
Using Clean Free I feel less grit/dirt on my face at the end of the day. Happy Me !
Need to try Enviro X.

matt30577

Premium VIP
Dec 21, 2009
georgia
Real Name
matt wood
Business Location
United States
What is your dilution set at with the 6 scoops you're putting in ?

matt30577

Premium VIP
Dec 21, 2009
georgia
Real Name
matt wood
Business Location
United States
I use Clean Free as well. In my video you can see the writing on my rinse jug. I have used it as a pre spray and a rinse at the same time. I am about to finish my 40 lb bucket and have one sitting in the garage waiting to be cracked open.
Is that what you were using when you made that video with your 360 tool on that bright colored carpet?