Direct Mail EDDM - New Postcard- Did We Make The Right Call? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Direct Mail EDDM New Postcard- Did We Make The Right Call?

Nov 24, 2012
Real Name
The Canary
This card is superior because it's heavily denominated in the benefit to the end user.

All to often companies focus on their product/service and not what the end benefit/result/outcome is to the end user/client.

I can tell already many women will nod their heads in agreement with the 3 bullets on the front. Why? because those are their pain points, and discovering your desired prospect/end user pain points just require a little research.

With that being said, I'm in agreement w kipp - the dogs gotta go from the front. it simply out of place. 90% of the front is devoted to tile, 90% of the back is devoted to carpet... the dog should be on the back.

It would be different, if for instance, in My case where the front of My ad has a multitude of service offerings, but this post card is very uncluttered, open, airy...it breathes well.

Maybe kill the dog on the front and replace him with a client testimonial for tile in a bubbled quotation?

p.s.
Ryan is VERY Good! Can't wait to have him overhaul My "krap"
p.s.s
Regarding "value" - value doesn't always have to come in the form or a discount, coupon, special..etc. Value can also be well represented as a benefit/result/desired outcome.. to the end user. And not as you perceive it but as they would acknowledge, recognized and most importantly - appreciate. Resolving those pain points mention on the front of the card (which I can assure you came directly out of the mouths of women that have experienced them) is value. I'd even say even moreso than a $50 off coupon. If you can make the end user feel "understood", you're Golden!

Last edited:
Reactions: aloha one

shane deubell

Premium VIP
May 8, 2006
Real Name
Business Location
United States
This card is superior because it's heavily denominated in the benefit to the end user.

All to often companies focus on their product/service and not what the end benefit/result/outcome is to the end user/client.

I can tell already many women will nod their heads in agreement with the 3 bullets on the front. Why? because those are their pain points, and discovering your desired prospect/end user pain points just require a little research.

With that being said, I'm in agreement w kipp - the dogs gotta go from the front. it simply out of place. 90% of the front is devoted to tile, 90% of the back is devoted to carpet... the dog should be on the back.

It would be different, if for instance, in My case where the front of My ad has a multitude of service offerings, but this post card is very uncluttered, open, airy...it breathes well.

Maybe kill the dog on the front and replace him with a client testimonial for tile in a bubbled quotation?

p.s.
Ryan is VERY Good! Can't wait to have him overhaul My "krap"
p.s.s
Regarding "value" - value doesn't always have to come in the form or a discount, coupon, special..etc. Value can also be well represented as a benefit/result/desired outcome.. to the end user. And not as you perceive it but as they would acknowledge, recognized and most importantly - appreciate. Resolving those pain points mention on the front of the card (which I can assure you came directly out of the mouths of women that have experienced them) is value. I'd even say even moreso than a $50 off coupon. If you can make the end user feel "understood", you're Golden!
I hear ya and do agree with your point.

BUT, i already have done that and know what results to expect.
Trying to break out of the mold...

Reactions: Gemcleans

LookNGood

Mar 17, 2014
Real Name
Joe P
Want to come up with a concept first, an objective.
THEN plug in the pictures that support the objective.

The dog is just there to bring in a couple more eyeballs, its NOT the point.
I think a major reason people clean their carpets is due to pets and children. Pets because they smell and are dirty, so even though we love them we don't really want to deal with that aspect. Children because they smell and are dirty (haha jk but they do make a mess), as well as the fact that people want the floor to be clean for their children that play on these floors every day. I think having the child and dog together happily on the carpets could be a big "selling point." Its us saying "look you can have your pets and children safely playing on a carpet that you feel comfortable and confident is clean and smells nice also." IMO

But you are correct I need to have a clear objective for my mailer before coming up with something like the picture.

shane deubell

Premium VIP
May 8, 2006
Real Name
Business Location
United States

Quickdryaus

Mar 31, 2015
Real Name
Noah Zamolo
id rather the dog mate. A bit of humour goes along way when securing jobs.

Nomad74

www.apcarpetcleaners.com
Premium VIP
Apr 26, 2013
Redding, Ca
Real Name
Damon
Business Location
United States
Ryan created me a new postcard recently and at the last minute i changed the picture. I felt the pic of the woman mopping was negative and seen bad feedback on facebook testing with a similar pic of a woman vacuuming.

What do you think?
Did we make the right call?

I like the dog 10x better personally.

I find it very offensive that you have a woman pictured as the phone operator. It would be better if the dog was also answering the phone. :)

Reactions: shane deubell

shane deubell

Premium VIP
May 8, 2006
Real Name
Business Location
United States
I find it very offensive that you have a woman pictured as the phone operator. It would be better if the dog was also answering the phone. :)
That would be really cool! Good one

bigpicture

Feb 8, 2016
Real Name
jim reading
I like the card & agree with the point that the dog doesn't really belong on the side offering grout cleaning... I found that aspect of it confusing, and I imagine recipients might too...

My one criticism would be that your offer (free sealing, free warranty) has no cut-off date. How can you measure response with no cut-off date and offer code?

Direct response is all about measurement, so that you can know the ROI (or lack thereof)...

I would "add scarcity" (with a cut-off date or some other scarcity device, eg. "free for the first 20 customers who respond") ... and I would add some offer code, so that you can track response (& know if it all worked, so that you can repeat it in other eddm routes -- or not...)

Total Cleaning Service

Sep 13, 2015
Real Name
Matthew Tyson
Ryan created me a new postcard recently and at the last minute i changed the picture. I felt the pic of the woman mopping was negative and seen bad feedback on facebook testing with a similar pic of a woman vacuuming.

What do you think?
Did we make the right call?

I like the dog 10x better personally.

yes i think u made the right choice, this time of year with the snow and rain, people let there pets out to pee and they track all that mud back inside. pets is a big market

shane deubell

Premium VIP
May 8, 2006
Real Name
Business Location
United States
Looks great. I like the one with the woman better. Sends a real message.
Unfortunately to women it sends a negative message though.
I test a lot of this stuff on facebook first before investing in a direct mail campaign. Pictures with women cleaning pull very badly.

@Total Cleaning Service got it, dogs bring in a lot of mud/dirt/leaves from the outside.

Plus its just more positive in nature.