Direct Mail EDDM - New Postcard- Did We Make The Right Call? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Direct Mail EDDM New Postcard- Did We Make The Right Call?

Omar

Premium VIP
May 24, 2014
Real Name
omar rodriguez
I think a woman with a dissapointed look on her face would be appropriate. The dog would be great for carpets.

True Pro

Jan 21, 2014
MA.
Real Name
Gilles LeBlanc
Business Location
United States
If it doesn't work well it's not because of the card. It looks great.

Mrs.SpeedySteamer

Moderator ~ And Most Awesome Member
Apr 26, 2012
Somewhere over the Rainbow
www.ezdesignmarketing.com
Real Name
Tiffany
Business Location
United States
Maybe it is just my phone but the picture of the woman and dog look fine. But it looks like a pregnancy test on the right picture.

smartcarpetcare

Mar 17, 2011
on canada
Real Name
mike rawn
Business Location
Canada
I just got home from a job, haven't slept yet. I just couldn't understand how you thought the gal was moping, Shane. Oh boy.

shane deubell

Premium VIP
May 8, 2006
Real Name
Business Location
United States
I just got home from a job, haven't slept yet. I just couldn't understand how you thought the gal was moping, Shane. Oh boy.
That's all you have to add?

Go to sleep, don't wake up ....

Ryankettering

Jan 9, 2013
Real Name
Ryan kettering
I love using lifestyle shots. I use them in all of my own material (including biz cards, magnets, etc) The only thought I have is for the front maybe we could have done a young girl with the dog, and possibly another quote in the bubble that would go with something pertaining to kids and pets. Over all I didn't mind the same dog pic on the front and back because I think the look on his face is priceless.

Maybe the next one we could flip carpet to the front, add a young girl with the dog, and tile on the back (the back has less real estate) and then compare the results with the current piece.

One thing that I really like about this piece is the way that Shane worded it, there are no "coupons" but there is added value to the customer by going with Method because they are getting the free sealer on tile and free 6 mo. warranty on carpet. I think the message of value does come across on the mailer. I have always been against no coupons on a mailer.. but this card DOES have incentive, but no coupons. I think this is the most value packed "no coupon" card I have seen or made.

I think the image of the grout sealer at work is great. So many times people will do a "50% off scotchgard" or similar type coupon.. the reality is, with no supporting images, it is hard for a customer to see the value in "half off scotchgard". Creating value for scotchgard or sealer is definitely easier with an image, and hard to do with out one.

I'd lastly like to add that Shane and I put a lot of time into his pieces. I think it is great that he freely shares them here. Again there is a lot of thought, brainstorming, and experience put into these.. it's worth taking some time to look closely at what's on them and why, to improve your own materials. I know I have.

LookNGood

Mar 17, 2014
Real Name
Joe P
I love using lifestyle shots. I use them in all of my own material (including biz cards, magnets, etc) The only thought I have is for the front maybe we could have done a young girl with the dog, and possibly another quote in the bubble that would go with something pertaining to kids and pets. Over all I didn't mind the same dog pic on the front and back because I think the look on his face is priceless.

Maybe the next one we could flip carpet to the front, add a young girl with the dog, and tile on the back (the back has less real estate) and then compare the results with the current piece.

One thing that I really like about this piece is the way that Shane worded it, there are no "coupons" but there is added value to the customer by going with Method because they are getting the free sealer on tile and free 6 mo. warranty on carpet. I think the message of value does come across on the mailer. I have always been against no coupons on a mailer.. but this card DOES have incentive, but no coupons. I think this is the most value packed "no coupon" card I have seen or made.

I think the image of the grout sealer at work is great. So many times people will do a "50% off scotchgard" or similar type coupon.. the reality is, with no supporting images, it is hard for a customer to see the value in "half off scotchgard". Creating value for scotchgard or sealer is definitely easier with an image, and hard to do with out one.

I'd lastly like to add that Shane and I put a lot of time into his pieces. I think it is great that he freely shares them here. Again there is a lot of thought, brainstorming, and experience put into these.. it's worth taking some time to look closely at what's on them and why, to improve your own materials. I know I have.
That's why they call it marKETing. Haha

good job on the mailers. I think I might have to do one of these come next year and maybe use my niece and dog for the pic.

shane deubell

Premium VIP
May 8, 2006
Real Name
Business Location
United States
Want to come up with a concept first, an objective.
THEN plug in the pictures that support the objective.

The dog is just there to bring in a couple more eyeballs, its NOT the point.

shane deubell

Premium VIP
May 8, 2006
Real Name
Business Location
United States
Since you mention scrubbing grout by hand would this type of picture work?

We already had a picture like that, too negative.
Wanted to go with a lighter theme.

Kipp

Smart Ass Of The Year!
Premium VIP
Apr 13, 2011
Real Name
Kipp
All I know is if you put some new rims on your van you'll get a .24% increase in response on that card

Gemcleans

Apr 18, 2009
Elkhart, In.
Real Name
Alan Thornton
Business Location
United States
I like the design and look of your cards Shane. If you use the word scrubbing than someone should be scrubbing. A lady with aprone and hair up, not young perky girl. That way you don't offended anyone cause nobody dresses like that anymore.
I also like to use the word " restore or restoration" cause it adds more value and if you clean and seal that is what you are doing.
And as you all know I am not a good speller and I hate to say this, but shouldn't it be " I saw the cat do it"? Bad grammar is like a missed spelled word on a mailer.

shane deubell

Premium VIP
May 8, 2006
Real Name
Business Location
United States
You guys must not have read my original post.
I purposely did not want to use any pictures of women scrubbing, doing household chores, etc.

Ask women it is very negative to them nowadays.

Also purposely used the word REJUVENATE and not restore.
As you know with grout we often cannot restore with just cleaning.

Not taking offense just explaining we already thought about this stuff and have a reason why.

Reactions: 212.0 and Gemcleans

Jose Holguin

Premium VIP
Oct 20, 2012
Vail, CO
Real Name
Jose Holguin
Business Location
United States
You guys must not have read my original post.
I purposely did not want to use any pictures of women scrubbing, doing household chores, etc.

Ask women it is very negative to them nowadays.

Also purposely used the word REJUVENATE and not restore.
As you know with grout we often cannot restore with just cleaning.

Not taking offense just explaining we already thought about this stuff and have a reason why.
If you study the card these things should be self explanatory, that's why the card is good. I feel like people just don't see it.

Reactions: Ryankettering