New Owner/Operator looking for tips

soloclean

Nov 15, 2022
Real Name
Scott Smith
Hey all, I'm a new owner operator of a cleaning service for carpet, tile and grout, upholstry, and area rugs. Just getting on here to see what you guys recommend to get up and going and not spending a fortune on marketing. Thanks!

Reactions: vladislav

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Hey all, I'm a new owner operator of a cleaning service for carpet, tile and grout, upholstry, and area rugs. Just getting on here to see what you guys recommend to get up and going and not spending a fortune on marketing. Thanks!
You need a lengthy phone consultation. Whats your cell and I'll call and walk you though everything.

Shawn Abbey

Nov 20, 2008
Oregon
Real Name
Shawn Abbey
Business Location
United States
I would say the best marketing for me was to join my local Chamber of Commerce and attend their weekly networking events. I made it a priority to attend WITHOUT FAIL. Otherwise, I would have been forgotten. I also volunteered to help in their events throughout the year. I developed an awareness with the other volunteers who eventually became customers.

I'd say It took about a year to develop top of mind awareness, but in the long run, I made several lifelong friends, amazing referrals and great customers! That and a website where customer could schedule online was probably the most effective.

I support visiting and soliciting property managers. I started that way and found it beneficial. It's a great start with some income and great experience for you.