Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I say it's about time they got into the van market. I think I like it. I know I love the cabin. And I bet an El Diablo or Dragon would fit nicely in this bad boy!! :hi:

2011NissanNVVan.jpg

2011NissanNVVan2.jpg

2011NissanNVvan3.jpg

Nissan unveils a new commercial van, the NV, for North America
By GREG MIGLIORE on 3/10/2010
Recommend
Print

GREG MIGLIORE
The tall version of Nissan's NV commerical vehicle has 76.5 inches of cargo height.
Sensing an opportunity to bring an all-new model to a sometimes stagnant segment, Nissan unveiled its first commercial vehicle for North America, the NV, on Wednesday at a work-truck show in St. Louis.

The NV, or Nissan Van, will come with two engines: a 4.0-liter V6 or a 5.6-liter V8. Both are paired with five-speed automatic transmissions. The NV will come in 1500, 2500 and 3500 configurations. It launches this fall as a 2011 model.

Nissan showed an exterior model in St. Louis with a separate model of the interior. The tallest version, which provides 76.5 inches of cargo height, was on display, and it was easy for an average-size adult to stand up in. It also offers a more modest version with 55.4 inches of vertical cargo space. There's also 120.7 inches in length of cargo space on the floor, and it has a fully boxed ladder frame and heavy-duty suspension.

Nissan North America chairman Carlos Tavares called the NV “a vehicle designed to help businesses run better.”

Though the NV is Nissan's first foray in the commercial sector in North America, it's been offering work products for 75 years and made the decision to launch the van four years ago. Nissan also is planning to bring the NV200 vehicle--and considering an all-electric version of that--to the United States.

Functionality features include overhead storage, rear doors that swing open wide, under-seat drawers, extra-durable seats and available Bluetooth and hands-free mobility.

Tavares also spoke with AutoWeek about a number of products Nissan is set to launch in the coming months.

Read more: http://www.autoweek.com/article/20100310/CARNEWS/100319985#ixzz19wgrkusn

Dbonezny

Oct 13, 2009
Houston Tx
www.carpetcleaninghoustonpro.com
Real Name
Jose
Business Location
United States
Interior is awesome and I think the van will be awesome as far as reliability and function...but it is awkward and ugly. I would buy one though.

agreed with everything but buying one. It's ugly, and I never, EVER buy the first gen ANYTHING. Let the bugs and issue's fix themselves and then get one.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Interior is awesome and I think the van will be awesome as far as reliability and function...but it is awkward and ugly. I would buy one though.

lol I hear ya but to me it's nothing that full body wrap can't take care of... :bigsmiley:

rynophiliac

Dec 6, 2010
Real Name
Ryno Man
Business Location
United States
lol I hear ya but to me it's nothing that full body wrap can't take care of... :bigsmiley:

Yup, which makes it is a huge driving billboard.

It's true, it is a bit big, awkward and ugly but that is in a way a GOOD thing. That means people will look at you driving down the road and say "what is that?" and when you pull up to their house they will remember you as the carpet cleaner with an awkward looking van but a van that was brand new, professional & clean! I will buy one for sure if we end up doing steady carpet cleaning work and ditch the trailer setup.

I prefer American made trucks for the diesels, but for the gasoline power I go with foreign. We have had way more success with toyota tacomas and love them, and I have hated the fact that with a cc van we are cornered into buying ford, chevy or dodge- to be honest this is why we went for the trailer setup, so we can pull it with a tundra 6 cyl!

Deron06

Deron
Premium VIP
Sep 25, 2010
Real Name
Deron Najarian
Business Location
United States
That thing is beyond ugly...ghastly perhaps. It's design is poor because it has a long hood. Basic van design has a short hood for more cargo space. Also, the roof is tall but the windshield and windows are not. In a Sprinter, the windows are tall for much better visibility. This is a cheap jap knock off and was flung together without any real effort in engineering. It looks like they went for the Ford Transit look, but made it larger.

I would rather get noticed for something attractive than for frighteningly ugly. I also do not follow the general rule that jap vehicles are reliable. I had two and they were the biggest piles of junk I ever owned. I bought them both brand new and they fell apart. The other problem is that it does not address the fuel economy issue. My Sprinter gets 24 mpg overall and the other van companies should consider that they better get with it because people will eventually jump ship for something that gets twice the fuel economy. With a V6 or V8, this van does nothing for fuel economy.

J

Jan 2, 2011
Real Name
J
Business Location
United States
Back in the day I had a Nissan Altima, I couldn't kill that car if I wanted to. Ran it until 172k, and got sick of it and sold it. Those Nissans last forever.

Deron06

Deron
Premium VIP
Sep 25, 2010
Real Name
Deron Najarian
Business Location
United States
At least it is cheap. Sprinters are $45k. That thing looks like a van with a pickup truck front end on it. It's the ugliest vehicle I have ever seen. I am guessing that it uses the same chassis as their pickup truck. If it becomes available with 4 wheel drive, then they might have a niche with this gruesome van.

As far as reliability goes, I can't imagine anything being more reliable than the GM vans I own. I have never owned a Ford but from what I hear, they are reliable also.

SRD

Premium VIP
Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
I like it!!! Longer nose to make it easier to access and work on the engine, nissans engineering has always been top notch that's why so many of their vehicles have 300 or 400 thousand miles on them with no major repairs. Can't wait to see what this one does wonder how soon upfitters will take to make a box truck?

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States