New Ninja 500 H | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

New Ninja 500 H

Dec 7, 2019
Real Name
Darren Koopman
Hey guys, does anyone have any opinions or information on the new Ninja 500 H? its just 2 weeks old and there is really no information to be found about this machine on the internet besides what the salespeople have to say. There is only one vac motor in the machine (6.6 ametek). I was told that dual vac is a must (I am new in this business). Let me know what you guys think and if I should possibly get this machine. I will be doing mainly residential and commercial carpets. As long with car upholstery. 1576077001679.png

Reactions: renew carpet

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Nah, there are better machines out there. I see the H designation meaning heat. Waste of time on portables. You only have so many circuits available in a home including commercial. You're better off having more vacuum and a good pump. Then a wasted circuit on heat. Especially electric heat.
Mighty uses new LX motors that many are in love with. Nautilus uses dual 8.4's. Of coarse both can be bought with traditional dual 3 stage motors.

As far as the pump. Which pump are they using as in what is its gallon per minute. It may be 500 psi but it may have a low flow. Results in a lighter weight machine drawing less amps. But i like have the ability to flush the carpet. And not slowly drag the wand in an attempt to remove prespray completely.

Dec 7, 2019
Real Name
Darren Koopman
hey cool thanks for your input. I heard heat is a must from a lot of people. I have been looking into the mytees as well. The eclipse 500 as really got my attention. I really just need something thats going to do the Job and be worth the investment. I guess everyone will have a different opinion when it comes down to it.

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
hey cool thanks for your input. I heard heat is a must from a lot of people. I have been looking into the mytees as well. The eclipse 500 as really got my attention. I really just need something thats going to do the Job and be worth the investment. I guess everyone will have a different opinion when it comes down to it.
The heaters cant handle the flow. You can only get x amout of btu's from a circuit. Most use house hot water or bucket heaters.

Something else to look into is does the machine have a 2" hose barb. I chucked my 1 1/2" hose almost immediately and went with 2". I kept about 5' of it to attach to the wand for ease of movement. It works better and can get longer hose runs. Typically i used about 60- 75' of 2" hose in a home. Machine stayed put in one place. 1 of my machines (a ninja warrior) i retro fitted 2 -3 stage vacs in. And it worked good at this distance. No more repositioning the machine closer plus moving cords. This saves a lot of time and head ache.
Inside machine should also have 2" stack leading to vacs.

As for heat? I cleaned with cold and hot. I never cared. Prespray needs to be mixed hot though especially some of the enzyme stuff. Oxidizers also benefit from hot water. What portable users do to fill in the gap where heat is missing. Is more aggitation. A oreck orbiter works good. A floor buffer with brush or red vct pad also works great. Or if you have the money a crb will do. If you're broke as a joke then a yellow deck brush will work eith a lot of elbow grease.

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
There are plenty of threads in here that people have asked what is the best portable to start with. Look in search box youll find hundreds.
And If heat is something you believe you need. You can buy one externally. You dont need to buy machine with it built in. Actually better off not being built in.

Dec 2, 2019
Real Name
Window Cleaning Dublin
Thank you for all your responses. I know that there are a lot of chats about carpet cleaning machines. I was only interested about that particular brand

Window Cleaning Dublin

Cameron RDS

Jun 2, 2015
Real Name
Cameron Duty
Look at the mytee ltd 5. It would be way better than this machine. Like stated above, heat in a portable isn't the best. The heaters just make the machine heavy. If a one man crew the mytee 1005 had similar features to the ltd 5 but is a lil lighter weight.
I literally have 12 portables and have used a variety of them. I'm not a huge fan of a lot of mytee stuff, but their portables are spot on.

Reactions: Jim Davisson

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
I agree - getting a portable with heat in it isn't worth it as the tap water is usually hot enough for the job, or at worst, get a bucket heater. Better to have more suction in a portable vs more heat.

www.jleescarpetandfloors.com

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Look at the mytee ltd 5. It would be way better than this machine. Like stated above, heat in a portable isn't the best. The heaters just make the machine heavy. If a one man crew the mytee 1005 had similar features to the ltd 5 but is a lil lighter weight.
I literally have 12 portables and have used a variety of them. I'm not a huge fan of a lot of mytee stuff, but their portables are spot on.
You are my new hero! 12 portables is epic. Love my portables and make a ton of money with one daily.

The LX portables are worthy and have amazing results. Can you push one 150'.... yes. Can you get premium TM vacuum at 50' all day long and twice on Sunday, absolutely. I would not operate any portable without a reliable pump out. Good chems and 120° will crush most jobs. 150° on bombed out polys at the wand is plenty with good chemistry. Setup right you don't have to be slow with a portable.

Dec 7, 2019
Real Name
Darren Koopman
You are my new hero! 12 portables is epic. Love my portables and make a ton of money with one daily.

The LX portables are worthy and have amazing results. Can you push one 150'.... yes. Can you get premium TM vacuum at 50' all day long and twice on Sunday, absolutely. I would not operate any portable without a reliable pump out. Good chems and 120° will crush most jobs. 150° on bombed out polys at the wand is plenty with good chemistry. Setup right you don't have to be slow with a portable.
what is your setup for the heater? do you use an external or built in?

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Any of the modern ones will climb stairs. It aint like the old days where the rear wheels were puny dolly wheels.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
what is your setup for the heater? do you use an external or built in?
Because I can't buy equipment that I want to use, I build it. This particular machine harvests 12° at full pull from the vacuum motors and has an onboard water to water heat exchanger that adds an additional 30° over incoming temperatures (I fill it from the TM at 2 bills before leaving the parking deck). I clean at 155-160° at 1.75 gpm through the wand and prespray at 190°. 3 cords each at 15 amps and quick as hell to setup.

20190304_010943.jpg

Don't let anyone down you with electric equipment if you are willing to put in the time to make it right. I'll stack this trainwreck against a TM in production any day of the week.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Working on a leading LX with a trailing 8.4 (122502-00). I'll get it to fit my motor compartment on our back up machine, but it's a tight squeeze and haven't got it layed out right yet. Going to have to drill reliefs into the compartment I think.

20191208_151034.jpg

6.6 2 stage is filling in the LX in the pictures... no stunt double available.

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
some are easier than others....
namco is made for stairs with their gocart tires...
like Jims ...those tires are at least 10"
As long as the wheels are tall enough for the rise they will easily climb. Whether they are balloon tires or simple plastic wheels. I know the ones your talking about. They're like a hand truck. The tires make travel over dirt and pavers easier. Those are also more centered with their weight. Vs a moulded porty thats almost 30" deep. The namco and jims have more weight centered towards the wheels. My gripe with stairs was some landings the moulded tanks would actually get locked in on landings. No way to turn them as they were trapped agsinst the nose and the wall. A tall narrow machine would help.
But with apartments like you were saying. They are required to be a certain width for egress. Being over 36" with wide landings. Any machine will fit. Even my awkward goliath climbed fairly easily. I think those were 10" tires.

I remember carrying rhe old ninja the original maroon one. You had to literally bear hug it and carry it up steps. Casters were on all corners. Now they too have a rear handle and tall wheels.

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
As long as the wheels are tall enough for the rise they will easily climb. Whether they are balloon tires or simple plastic wheels. I know the ones your talking about. They're like a hand truck. The tires make travel over dirt and pavers easier. Those are also more centered with their weight. Vs a moulded porty thats almost 30" deep. The namco and jims have more weight centered towards the wheels. My gripe with stairs was some landings the moulded tanks would actually get locked in on landings. No way to turn them as they were trapped agsinst the nose and the wall. A tall narrow machine would help.
But with apartments like you were saying. They are required to be a certain width for egress. Being over 36" with wide landings. Any machine will fit. Even my awkward goliath climbed fairly easily. I think those were 10" tires.

I remember carrying rhe old ninja the original maroon one. You had to literally bear hug it and carry it up steps. Casters were on all corners. Now they too have a rear handle and tall wheels.
how do you like the goliath
and what are the specs

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
some are easier than others....
namco is made for stairs with their gocart tires...
like Jims ...those tires are at least 10"
They are 13" and are great for climbing stairs. I don't climb many stairs, I literally only try to work at places with an elevator anymore that require a portable. It's not because of time, but being tired prematurely. When I was 25 I pulled the machine up two flights with one hand and the wand and barrel over my shoulder with the other. I sure miss that guy.

Latest posts