United States
IMG_1094.jpg
IMG_1099.jpg
IMG_1100.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
My new Mytee dry upholstery tool arrived yesterday. Mytee shipped it out overnight so I'd have a chance to get used to it before cleaning some really expensive furniture on an estate in the Napa Valley Monday and Tuesday.

We have a sofa that was given to us by my wife's grandmother's sister 38 years ago. it's from the 1920's. It is a shiny cotton brocade that's about 90 years old. I've steamed it in the past but always have been afraid to HWE. On a trip to the dump one day about 15 years ago, a man at the recycling center was unloading a curved back velvet button tuck chair with down cushion that has been his mom's ...I took it home, extracted it carefully and gave it to my wife as a present. It matched the theme of the living room.

I set up the TM and started pulling in hoses. I cleaned the loveseat in the family room first. it gets the most use in front of the TV. synthetic fiber..not my favorite print but the wife likes it... a great first test piece. The Mytee tool I tried at ICE had overspray issue at start and liftoff. The new production one doesn't. The one sent to me doesn't have a vac relief, so I made one by drilling the reducer cuff and covering it with a tight fitting piece of plastic.

I used LST as my cleaning solution and put it on with a microfiber 6" pad. I did the Family room loveseat in less than 15 minutes total (after prevacuuming) two seat cushions , 5 throw pillows. Fast!

Then I moved to the tufted curved back antique arm chair. Same drill, apply solution with microfiber pad, and recovery with the Mytee. I opened the relief valve..it's 15 feet way on the attachment to vac hose so the whistle wasn't obnoxious. This chair cleaned up easily and quickly also. No distortion! Finally I did our old couch. The adjustable flow knob works very well. I Measured out waste water with a 2 gal bucket. I used 18 gallons of water to clean three couch, loveseat, armchair and 14 pillows. They all dried between an hour and an hour and a half.

The tool had a couple of rough edges where the SS head meets plastic. I took a fingernail file to it and took them out in about two minutes. There was also a slight gap on one side between the SS head and the plastic. I mixed a tiny bit of JB weld, filled the space, sanded it when dry and wet sanded it with 2000 girt sandpaper. It worked just fine when cleaning before I tweaked the tool but now it's personalized. This is an early production piece.

This tool is a Winner and money maker. my wife was pleased having her furniture cleaned so well. I also spent a little time on the oriental rug in the living room...watching the dirt swirl out is fun. It will be a great and safe touchup tool for rugs and draperies.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/W4ukUoVbDHo?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:

Jose Holguin

Premium VIP
Oct 20, 2012
Vail, CO
Real Name
Jose Holguin
Business Location
United States
My new Mytee dry upholstery tool arrived yesterday. Mytee shipped it out overnight so I'd have a chance to get used to it before cleaning some really expensive furniture on an estate in the Napa Valley Monday and Tuesday.

We have a sofa that was given to us by my wife's grandmother's sister 38 years ago. it's from the 1920's. It is a shiny cotton brocade that's about 90 years old. I've steamed it in the past but always have been afraid to HWE. On a trip to the dump one day about 15 years ago, a man at the recycling center was unloading a curved back velvet button tuck chair with down cushion that has been his mom's ...I took it home, extracted it carefully and gave it to my wife as a present. It matched the theme of the living room.

I set up the TM and started pulling in hoses. I cleaned the loveseat in the family room first. it gets the most use in front of the TV. synthetic fiber..not my favorite print but the wife likes it... a great first test piece. The Mytee tool I tried at ICE had overspray issue at start and liftoff. The new production one doesn't. The one sent to me doesn't have a vac relief, so I made one by drilling the reducer cuff and covering it with a tight fitting piece of plastic.

I used LST as my cleaning solution and out it on with a microfiber 6" pad. I did the Family room loveseat in less than 15 minutes total (after prevacuuming) two seat cushions , 5 throw pillows. Fast!

Then I moved to the tufted curved back antique arm chair. Same drill, apply solution with microfiber pad, and recovery with the Mytee. I opened the relief valve..it's 15 feet way on the attachment to vac hose so the whistle wasn't obnoxious. This chair cleaned up easily and quickly also. Finally I did our old couch. The adjustable flow knob works very well. I Measured out wate water with a 2" bucket. I used 18 gallons of water to clean three couch, loveseat, armchair and 14 pillows. They all dried between an hour and an hour and a half.

The tool had a couple of rough edges where the SS head meets plastic. I took a fingernail file to it and took them out in about two minutes. There was also a slight gap on one side between the SS head and the plastic. I mixed a tiny bit of JB weld, filled the space, sanded it when dry and wet sanded it with 2000 girt sandpaper. It worked just fine when cleaning before I tweaked the tool but now it's personalized. This is an early production piece.
View attachment 44473 View attachment 44474 View attachment 44475

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/W4ukUoVbDHo?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thanks for the early review Paul, I really hope the issues you mentioned are addressed before production. Will the final version have a vac relief?

PS Turn your cellphone sideways when shooting video for true camera resolution .

Paul Brown

Aug 18, 2008
Santa Rosa CA
Real Name
Paul Brown
Business Location
United States
Thanks for the early review Paul, I really hope the issues you mentioned are addressed before production. Will the final version have a vac relief?

PS Turn your cellphone sideways when shooting video for true camera resolution .
I had my phone propped up on a chair, then my wife came in and picked it up...good advice though. Mytee has a relief valve being made right now that fits right next to the handle...easier to reach....not quite ready since I asked for this tool literally overnight, and John willingly obliged me. Thank you, John!
My relief valve was a quick adaptation so I wouldn't distort the delicate fabric on the couch...putting a new reducer cuff on and the Mytee relief valve in when it comes will be easy.

I have some expensive furniture to clean Monday. I feel really confident with this tool after using it. It think it will be great for car upholstery as well. I'd love to see an 8" version as a stair tool. Seeing the soils swirl out gives you a visual clue that no other tool does quite as well. I love my old PMF tools but this is even better.

Last edited:

Mike Krall

Premium VIP
Apr 24, 2013
New York
Real Name
Mike Krall
Many want the tool now without the relief valve. We will send them out to the ones who want the tool now when they are finished. About five week.

How do you order one now?

the organic cleaner

Apr 16, 2014
California and Central Texas
Real Name
Glenn Stewart
Paul, what is lst? The colors really seemed to pop on that print sofa.
I really like the way you apply it...no overspray!!
LST is a Low Surface Tension cleaner. Chemmax is the supplier. It's old school. Works very well. I remember back in the late 80's using LST for the first time.

tonyb14

May 16, 2013
Hazleton
www.steamteamcarpetcleaningnepa.com
Real Name
Tony Burke
Business Location
United States
LST is a Low Surface Tension cleaner. Chemmax is the supplier. It's old school. Works very well. I remember back in the late 80's using LST for the first time.
I noticed in Paul's video he did not allow product to dwell...is that normal?

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
"I used LST as my cleaning solution and put it on with a microfiber 6" pad. I did the Family room loveseat in less than 15 minutes total (after prevacuuming) two seat cushions , 5 throw pillows. Fast!"

What is LST? Doesn't ring any bells. Maybe I'm just slow today. Some kind of upholstery shampoo?

Ok, answered already.:)

the organic cleaner

Apr 16, 2014
California and Central Texas
Real Name
Glenn Stewart
I noticed in Paul's video he did not allow product to dwell...is that normal?
I have to state I've got Mad respect for Paul, we know some of the same people, plus Paul has been around the block a few times. So with that said, I think Paul may have just been doing the video more for demonstration purpose rather than for technical purpose. I believe in real world cleaning yes he and I would allow for a few more seconds of dwell time. Ha ha! Seriously he Rocked it! LST is wool safe and designed for cotton or sensitive fabric cleaning. @Paul Brown.

Paul Brown

Aug 18, 2008
Santa Rosa CA
Real Name
Paul Brown
Business Location
United States
LST was introduced to me by Ed York in 1999. I used it with my Cimex and an ozone generator to clean large commercial buildings. It is low pH, won't harm anything that water won't harm, doesn't need a lot of dwell time and is great for cleaning plastics as well as fabrics. You also won't believe how well it cleans rubber.

You can wash Wool, Linen, Cotton as well as most all synthetics with no problems and great results. I didn't get a good picture of it, but one of the throw pillows with the couch had a ring from a water spill on the backside. LST and the Mytee tool took it out without using any oxidizer.

That floral couch has a sizing on the backside to give more weight. The short dwell time was purposed to not get the backing wet. Sizing bleed usually means re-cleaning it happens when the drying times are longer. I set up the vac relief by vacuuming the front of my jeans. I could feel the hot water, but it didn't penetrate far enough to burn me.... i also got out the food spills from dinner last night...kidding!

Last edited:
Reactions: tonyb14