NEW Mytee ECO 1.5 HP coming in 2 weeks..What!!

John LaBarbera

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Sep 13, 2008
San Diego, Ca
www.mytee.com
Real Name
John LaBarbera
If that 1/2 HP motor was strapped to a bigger pad driver, you’d have some serious problems. The 13 inch driver is the only reason the small motor works.

I’ve been thinking about a smaller OP for residential, but I really like the larger, faster orbits.

Oreck says their pro model is a 1/2 HP motor but I doubt if it your Mytee isn’t bogging down at all. The Oreck does unless it’s moved relatively slowly.
The ECO13 Lite has 9/16 orbit. $1099.00
Pad drive is actually 14”. Great bargain. https://www.mytee.com/products/eco-13-ex-orbital/

SukkaMouf

Apr 16, 2018
Real Name
Chris Kelley
Good price, for sure. Why does your website show its cleaning path as 13 inch then. Not splitting hair but that extra inch is a pretty large total-area difference. If it’s 14 inch then I’d think you’d want to advertise 14 inch.

Also, why is your version with the onboard using the regular 1 HP motor instead of the 1/2 HP?

Last question, with that faster orbit, how are your bearings and motorshafts holding up?

John LaBarbera

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Sep 13, 2008
San Diego, Ca
www.mytee.com
Real Name
John LaBarbera
Good price, for sure. Why does your website show its cleaning path as 13 inch then. Not splitting hair but that extra inch is a pretty large total-area difference. If it’s 14 inch then I’d think you’d want to advertise 14 inch.

Also, why is your version with the onboard using the regular 1 HP motor instead of the 1/2 HP?

Last question, with that faster orbit, how are your bearings and motorshafts holding up?
Our ECO 13 and ECO 15 both use the 14” driver.
Our ECO 13 uses the 1 hp
The ECO 13 Lite uses the 1/2 hp is a low cast unit.
All out motors have an oversized diameter shaft.
bearings are a wear item but they hold up well.

SukkaMouf

Apr 16, 2018
Real Name
Chris Kelley
John,

How light do you think you can get the new machine if you move to an aluminum deck? Honestly, 115 is the most I’d want to do.

John LaBarbera

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Sep 13, 2008
San Diego, Ca
www.mytee.com
Real Name
John LaBarbera
John,

How light do you think you can get the new machine if you move to an aluminum deck? Honestly, 115 is the most I’d want to do.
We just built a 14” 1.5 hp Machine. 107 lbs. good weight per square inch ratio. I have a video but I can’t post it. Message me your email address if you like and I’ll send it to you.

Paul Brown

Aug 18, 2008
Santa Rosa CA
Real Name
Paul Brown
Business Location
United States
I’ve spent a lot of time lately running a 11/2 hp 175 rotary. It has a 13 SS shroud and weighs 94 lbs with a 13” driveplate... lots of pressure per sq inch on the driveplate.....with a 15” Mytee or direct mop sales scrubber microfiber pad, it will clean deeper and faster than any other machine I own. The load per sq In is very high, and 175 rpms is adequate for rotational speed. Switching to a 17” or 20”drive plate, which extend beyond the shroud..and a larger pad...it will cover a large area quickly and well. Clean freak sells them online for $695. I bought mine, used once for $400 with additionally, a new concrete scrubber driveplate in a box. The day I picked it up I cleaned the small carpeted area in a bank in SF for $537....

Basic tools can work quite well if you understand the principles of cleaning...

BonnetPro

Oct 1, 2009
Pa
www.bonnetpro.com
Real Name
John Klucznik
Business Location
United States
John might use aluminum but it will drive up the cost as he would need to make a mold/die or hand fabricate like I do with the Mini. Lighter weight is good but it does come with a manufacturing cost. It would offset the 1.5 hp motors weight a little and that would reduce the amp draw a little.

John LaBarbera

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Sep 13, 2008
San Diego, Ca
www.mytee.com
Real Name
John LaBarbera
Mytee uses stainless steel instead of aluminum. Stainless steel is considerably more expensive than aluminum but the advantages of the stainless steel are worth it. Aluminum will corrode with the use of acids or alkaline products.