NEW Mytee ECO 1.5 HP coming in 2 weeks..What!!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Paul Brown

Aug 18, 2008
Santa Rosa CA
Real Name
Paul Brown
Business Location
United States
The amp draw might be the deciding factor... I've tripped breakers with many of my OP tools and rotaries. most 15 amp circuits will trip with a continual draw of 13.7 amps. I usually look for 20 amp circuits. The choice of pads, chemical and amount of solution sprayed can affect amp draw as well as thr carpet nap, construction and fiber material. I hope to run the new machine at ICE. In line Amp meters are inexpensive and provide useful information about amp draw with the wide choices of pads and cleaning solutions available.

Ken Raddon

Jul 22, 2010
UT
Real Name
Ken Raddon
Business Location
United States
My hope without any hate is that I hope it's built better than the other tools I have bought from them.

Apr 19, 2017
Real Name
Christopher Kelley
Intriguing price for sure, but I wonder why they would need 1.5 HP? Also, it's 140 pounds! That'd be rough on steps!

If it's 20% faster, I'd imagine that's from the faster orbit, not the extra .5 HP.

Nov 13, 2017
Real Name
Michael Robinson
HP has nothing to do with speed, take three OP machines, one on 1/2 hp, one with 1 hp and one with 1.5 hp, they all do exactly the same at 1725 rpm. Could be cheaper chinese leeson motors are having a problem with larger orbit, but zero speed change by adding more hp.

Smtwn janitorial

Sep 21, 2016
Real Name
Matt ross
I would have tried a mytee op but their local "suppliers" know nothing about their products. At least orbot has been helpful on the phone and knows their stuff. Even if they were slow.

John LaBarbera

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Sep 13, 2008
San Diego, Ca
www.mytee.com
Real Name
John LaBarbera
HP has nothing to do with speed, take three OP machines, one on 1/2 hp, one with 1 hp and one with 1.5 hp, they all do exactly the same at 1725 rpm. Could be cheaper chinese leeson motors are having a problem with larger orbit, but zero speed change by adding more hp.
That is not exactly correct. While the rpm is the same the speed comes from the extra torque from the HP overcoming the resistance that that carpet exerts on the pad driver. Also this unit is unique in that it has chemical injection.

Apr 19, 2017
Real Name
Christopher Kelley
Obviously a good price; however, 140 pounds and it uses a lot of juice. Just isn’t going to be for me.

Nov 13, 2017
Real Name
Michael Robinson
That is not exactly correct. While the rpm is the same the speed comes from the extra torque from the HP overcoming the resistance that that carpet exerts on the pad driver. Also this unit is unique in that it has chemical injection.
Unless your 1 hp is not running at 1725rpm that is a bogus claim, and chemical injection has nothing to do with speed either.

John LaBarbera

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Sep 13, 2008
San Diego, Ca
www.mytee.com
Real Name
John LaBarbera
Unless your 1 hp is not running at 1725rpm that is a bogus claim, and chemical injection has nothing to do with speed either.
I disagree with you. But you’re free to believe what ever you want to.

John LaBarbera

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Sep 13, 2008
San Diego, Ca
www.mytee.com
Real Name
John LaBarbera
Of course you disagree, it is a marketing thing, has NOTHING to do with reality though.
Like I said you can think what you want. However, you’re mistaking. Let me ask you. Have you run an ECO17 HP? I’m sure you have not, otherwise you would not make the comments that you’re making.

Nov 13, 2017
Real Name
Michael Robinson
Seriously? Ok, quantify 20% faster cleaning, tell us how you figured that out, or made it up. Your assumptions make no sense, other than for marketing. Anyone who understands how motors work understands this is bs. Are you saying the 1HP is too weak to do the job? You saying that just having extra torque but NOT actually running any faster speeds up cleaning? lol.

John LaBarbera

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Sep 13, 2008
San Diego, Ca
www.mytee.com
Real Name
John LaBarbera
Seriously? Ok, quantify 20% faster cleaning, tell us how you figured that out, or made it up. Your assumptions make no sense, other than for marketing. Anyone who understands how motors work understands this is bs. Are you saying the 1HP is too weak to do the job? You saying that just having extra torque but NOT actually running any faster speeds up cleaning? lol.
In a previous post I tried to explain what we have learned. I’ll try to do a better job this time as I can understand why you would struggle with the concept. Your are right about the motor speed all going 1725 rpm’s. That only refers to the oscillation only. And yes a 1/2 hp 1725 rpm is the same as a 1.5 ho motor. The oscillations are identical. But if you have experience using and orbital then you would observe that the pad driver is also rotating in addition to oscillating. This is where the additional hp comes into play. Previously our 1 hp unit had about 80 rotation and the 1.5 hp had over 100 in addition to the 1725 oscellation. As to that we originally had a 3/8” stroke on the orbit we now have 9/16” which is an increase of 50%. As you can see for Mytee to say we are 20% faster is a conservative statement. I would add that those who have the ECO17 HP agree without exception that it is easily 20% faster.

I hope this explanation helps clarify this for you.