Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
The statistics don't really surprise me because its commonly accepted that most people fail at starting a business or so it seems.

However, this was a good prompt to think out 5 years. Its kind of scary doing this but I think one thing having the 5 year plan does it can solidify the commitment. And, I think commitment is something that can be used to remain strong.

At first my 5 year plan (in my head) was something like this:

Buy startup equipment > pay off startup equipment year 1 (under $10K) > do com/res days not watching kids > build credibility and reviews > continue to work around families schedule > save CASH > Buy home > continue business if desired or do something else

Now my 5 year (on paper) is like this (abbreviated):

Start with carpet cleaning and adding services like carpet / color repair and hard surface cleaning and later moving into restoration and power washing and either hiring someone to train and develop and run the truck or have them run a second truck. Eventually working more on the business vs in the business. More of a commitment to creating a real business that grows into a larger service provider.
Right on John!

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
Agree except for one point. I have found the more I learn the less I knew about something. Which should not surprise us. Many think of an ant or a molecule as simple. But then after breaking them downon a scientific level we are stunned by the complexity and intricate design. A ton of forethought went into everything by the creator and the more I learn the more I am in awe.
Amen to this brotha.

More I learn the less I knew. I think that's why young people tend to be more cocky and arrogant. They don't know what they don't know yet! lol