New marble

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Larry F

Sep 9, 2018
Real Name
Larry Fanning
I just had marble installed and a sealer was applied, There is a noticeable grout haze that gives it a dull, dirty look. I have purchased 1500 thru 11000 get monkey pads in hopes of bringing it to a nice water shine before installing baseboards. Can I get some good advise before I proceed?

PistolPete

Sep 28, 2014
Real Name
Peter Dymond
I just had marble installed and a sealer was applied, There is a noticeable grout haze that gives it a dull, dirty look. I have purchased 1500 thru 11000 get monkey pads in hopes of bringing it to a nice water shine before installing baseboards. Can I get some good advise before I proceed?
Pictures help

Larry F

Sep 9, 2018
Real Name
Larry Fanning
It may be hard to see in photos but just want to get the grout haze off so that the full beauty of this marble can come thru. Will the pads with water only remove the haze since it does have the sealer on it?

Attachments

Blacktiedetailing

www.crsurfacecare.com
Premium VIP
Mar 30, 2011
Las Vegas
WWW.CRSurfaceCare.com
Real Name
Jeff Kondra
Business Location
United States
Please don't use those pads and then powder it.. It will ruin the floor..

Larry F

Sep 9, 2018
Real Name
Larry Fanning
I don't intend to use powder, just water. I have gotten so many different suggestions am at a stopper as to what to do. The marble is absolutely beautiful and I just want to get the haze off to show its true accent. I know that what ever is the best route that I can do the work myself but just want to be sure I don't damage my investment. I used a small machine on a section that will be under furniture and it removed almost all but will require a larger machine to do the entire room.

Larry F

Sep 9, 2018
Real Name
Larry Fanning
Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated

May 7, 2015
Real Name
Christopher reyes
You don't need to use diamond impregnated pads to remove grout haze. Just throw red or white 3M buffing pad, spray some water down using a spray bottle or lay some water down with a mop and buff it off using a high-speed buffer / burnisher

Larry F

Sep 9, 2018
Real Name
Larry Fanning
You don't need to use diamond impregnated pads to remove grout haze. Just throw red or white 3M buffing pad, spray some water down using a spray bottle or lay some water down with a mop and buff it off using a high-speed buffer / burnisher
I have a 17 low speed machine and 1500,3000,5000 and 11000grt pads. Am thinking to just start with the 3000 with water only on a section to test. Then go from there. The pads I have are not diamond impregnated.

Larry F

Sep 9, 2018
Real Name
Larry Fanning
I have a 17 low speed machine and 1500,3000,5000 and 11000grt pads. Am thinking to just start with the 3000 with water only on a section to test. Then go from there. The pads I have are not diamond impregnated.
Thanks for you reply.

May 7, 2015
Real Name
Christopher reyes
You have a 3000 what pad? Grit? You could alter the factory finish of the floor and and have to use a polishing powder to bring it back up to shine which is more work so I wouldn't recommend that especially if all you're trying to do is remove grout Haze.

May 7, 2015
Real Name
Christopher reyes
I would start with the 11,000 grit pad if that's what you mean before you even do 3000

May 7, 2015
Real Name
Christopher reyes
But first I would either use a Hogs hair, red or a white 3M pad with water and just buff it off. You shouldn't need any grit to remove grout haze

Larry F

Sep 9, 2018
Real Name
Larry Fanning
I am hoping that is all I will need. The marble is a diana real and is absolutely beautiful. Just want to clean it up and get baseboards down to call it a DONE project. But will not take any chances. Thanks for your advise.