New Life

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
Great little machine that weighs just enough to be effective and not too much that it collects dust in the van after lunch. 65 pounds wet is just perfect.
[/QUOTE
So , did you retired Oreck orbiter?
Clarke bears elegance of the past times with a fresh breath of the new .
I'd be willing to have one in my van . Thanks for sharing. 8 hours vested has something to do with electrical part of the
project?

Reactions: Jim Davisson

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
No plans to retire the Oreck, I love that little devil and use it daily. The Oreck has more onboard features like the chemical injector to only use water in the tank and the in the tank stored coil hose for spraying stairs independently of the machines front sprayer.

I had about 8 hours in cleaning it up, adding a longer cord and laying out the placement of things for good balance and making the sprayer bracket. The momentary button switch for the pump barely fit in the perfect location. Keeping the adjustable cone jet just outside of the base with the check valve just behind it keeps the few drips it has after spraying off the machine base and it stays very clean. For it's intended purpose, it does extremely well.

CCWorks

Premium VIP
Jan 3, 2010
Michigan
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States
With fluid, looks heave to hold when in use and it also looks like it can tip over with full fluid tank kind of easy if standing straight up by it self.

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
With fluid, looks heave to hold when in use and it also looks like it can tip over with full fluid tank kind of easy if standing straight up by it self.
*Heavy.
You sound like you never used a 175 with a shampoo tank. Only bothersome time is when you need to switch driver to brush with a full tank. Planning can help avoid this issue.

CCWorks

Premium VIP
Jan 3, 2010
Michigan
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States
*Heavy.
You sound like you never used a 175 with a shampoo tank. Only bothersome time is when you need to switch driver to brush with a full tank. Planning can help avoid this issue.
Your right, I never used a system like that.

CCWorks

Premium VIP
Jan 3, 2010
Michigan
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States
The never ending torque on a 12" 360 Rotovac hurts my arm / sholder after days of using it.
The right arm, and I do not even have weight on the handles. Just the pull from the rotation of the cleaning head.

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Your right, I never used a system like that.
Its a one handed machine. After start up it just floats. Just be careful around transitions and corners. Be prepared for it to run if it grabs. With tank on handle i lower handle and lock it lower then usual to compensate for the added weight on the handle. This way my muscles arent holding it up. Its hanging comfortably in my hand. His Clarke is also lighter then my edic galaxy. Making it perfect for what he is doing.