NEW HouseCall Pro Features: Multi-Option Estimates & More!

HouseCall Pro

Jan 15, 2015
San Diego
www.tryhousecall.com
Real Name
Ruben Mier
Business Location
United States
fe4ebd4d-721f-4159-a442-3f027b76f4be.jpg
Newsletter & Updates
What's New on the Web Portal

Multi-Option Estimates
9757b7b5-250d-4f25-a6aa-4437b22fd2d8.png

You can now create and send multiple estimate options containing different line items, prices, and materials. To create estimate options, simply create an estimate normally and locate the '+ option' tab under the map section of the estimates screen. From here, you can create as many estimate options as you would like, each containing their separate, fully editable details. Additionally, you can rename each option by clicking on the option and renaming it in the pop-up window. Click 'save' and the option will be renamed for your convenience. Once you have created and filled out your options, you can click on 'Send to Customer' to select which options you would like to send.

604b46f7-9c8f-47aa-8544-fb18d6b0b04d.png

Your customer will receive an email containing all of the estimate options you created and will be able to directly select which one they want. Once the selection has been made, your estimate screen will reflect their choice, giving you the option to convert that estimate option into a job.

ab15d38c-0ce2-45bb-93af-a29b8eedddfd.png

Once your customer has approved an estimate option, you will be able to find it in the 'Overview' tab of your estimate screen. The selected option will show up as a green circle with a check mark. By clicking on that circle, you will be taken to that option's detail screen where you can select the 'Copy to new Job' button to convert that estimate option into its own job.

8799c700-5ba6-41dd-bd36-c593275083d0.jpg

Create a Job From Customer Screens

Jobs can now be created directly from a customer screen. You will find the '+ Add Job' link to the right of the customer name on the customer screen. By selecting that link, a job will be created with the customer information already filled in.

Start a Job Without Line Items
Jobs can now be created without the need to add line or material items. This can be particularly helpful if a job needs to be scheduled but the work needed has not yet been confirmed.

Check us out www.tryhousecall.com/tmf

Last edited by a moderator:

Grn Steamer

Dec 5, 2014
Real Name
Matt R
This is a great development! Thanks.
One question, Is there a way to copy your previous estimate to the next one? Much like creating a job from an estimate. I ask for three reasons, often my custom details or the scope of work are pretty detailed, sometimes there are quite a few line items, to make it easier for the customer it's best if they are presented in the same order with the same descriptions (copying would do that immediately), I could cut and paste but that's quite a bit more involved if you have 5 custom line items and just want to show additional re application of carpet protector. Lastly, it's a great way to keep track of work that they don't have done...ie, maybe they have the carpet done this time but not the grout or shower...I could use these second estimate and label it additional work quoted. Thanks for your constant development of these new features.

HouseCall Pro

Jan 15, 2015
San Diego
www.tryhousecall.com
Real Name
Ruben Mier
Business Location
United States
This is a great development! Thanks.
One question, Is there a way to copy your previous estimate to the next one? Much like creating a job from an estimate. I ask for three reasons, often my custom details or the scope of work are pretty detailed, sometimes there are quite a few line items, to make it easier for the customer it's best if they are presented in the same order with the same descriptions (copying would do that immediately), I could cut and paste but that's quite a bit more involved if you have 5 custom line items and just want to show additional re application of carpet protector. Lastly, it's a great way to keep track of work that they don't have done...ie, maybe they have the carpet done this time but not the grout or shower...I could use these second estimate and label it additional work quoted. Thanks for your constant development of these new features.

Hi Matt,

We do not currently have this option to copy your previous estimate into the next one. It's a great suggestion! When you get a chance, be sure to let the Customer Success team know about your feature request so they can add your vote in for this!

Do you currently use our custom price lists feature? This would be a workaround if you find that you are using the same few line items and descriptions. Save it in your price list! The info that is stored will show up on your estimates and from there, you can always edit it to fit your customer's needs.

HouseCall Pro

Jan 15, 2015
San Diego
www.tryhousecall.com
Real Name
Ruben Mier
Business Location
United States
I do use the custom list...but a lot of the time I add some more to the description depending on the situation.

Hey Matt! I talked to our Customer Success team and they have mentioned that this feature is requested by many pros, so it's definitely on the engineers' list of things to do! Here's an idea we thought of in the meantime, you can try downloading a "text expander" app and create shortcuts that can easily paste in longer descriptions that you use in previous invoices.

Grn Steamer

Dec 5, 2014
Real Name
Matt R
That's what I currently do, it's good but time consuming if you have more than two estimates. Most multiple estimates are usually set like here is the price for ABC, or ABCD or ABCDEF as opposed to totally different line items like ABC or DEF or GHIJ. So copieing saves a lot of time as you only need to add sealing or scotchguard or an optional service to the current estimate .

LookNGood

Mar 17, 2014
Real Name
Joe P
That's what I currently do, it's good but time consuming if you have more than two estimates. Most multiple estimates are usually set like here is the price for ABC, or ABCD or ABCDEF as opposed to totally different line items like ABC or DEF or GHIJ. So copieing saves a lot of time as you only need to add sealing or scotchguard or an optional service to the current estimate .

Type up only abcdef as your custom jobs and then you never need to add, only subtract

Reactions: HouseCall Pro