New Fox 5000 Truckmount vs Judson TNT | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

New Fox 5000 Truckmount vs Judson TNT

DBM

Mar 11, 2013
Los Angeles, California
Real Name
Roland Cordero
They are both good tm but one is made of propane (tnt) and
3 heat exchangers for the Fox tm. Which is would be more reliable for a person that would be entering the carpet business (Commercial Cleaning) some Resisdential. I live in California which would be better for me to go with a fox due to them having the shop in long beach CA. Judson is in SC if something happens to the tm labor would not be covered only parts. Your advice would be apreciated. Thanks

VERITAS4

Mar 25, 2011
Florida
www.safecarpetcleaning.com
Real Name
Art Arreguin
Business Location
United States
I have a fox 6000 and love it. The auto pump out and simplicity of the machine is great. Joel at Organic Compounds is great if you have any issues. I bought the machine in California and brought it back to Florida. Some say they don't get hot enough but with the triple hx I run 220 at the machine and that's hot enough for me. Before I bought the Fox I travelled to South Carolina and met with Les at Judson. He helped me look over a Judson that I was about to buy. Les is a class act and if I could have afforded a TNT I would have bought one. They are simple too, have great heat and parts are readily available almost anywhere. Bottom line is that both are excellent machines and both organizations in my opinion are top notch. TNT would beat the Fox on heat but then the Fox pump out is one of the best in the industry. Flip a coin :)

Art

Reactions: Art Kelley

Mojo Rising

Premium VIP
May 26, 2012
Bend
Real Name
REal NAme
Oh we are allowed to talk about other garagemounts.. thought this was only a aMtEx only forum. I have never used either machine, but I read a lot on the forums.. The fox doesn't get nearly as much respect as a judson.. judson is a great guy, cool to chat with on the phone. Have you also considered the other garagemounts? Cobb, Duane, Nick?

AdmiralClean

Poster
Premium VIP
Mar 13, 2007
Alabama
I love Judson's products, but don't own a TM of theirs. However, it's simple, like the one I do own, so a Judson would be a good buy, if you lived close. However, with you being on the "progressive" coast, the Fox is probably a better idea. One thing that concerns me about Judson's is that both the brothers are getting long in the tooth. What happens if they get sick, or worse, before they can sell? What if they sell to the wrong person?

Of course, I worried about this way back in the 80's when Gary Paradies owned TCS, but he got sick and sold to Mike, the current owner of TCS, and things actually got better! So, you never know.

Pinosan

Premium VIP
Nov 22, 2011
California
allpointscarpetcare.com
Real Name
Martin Sanchez
Business Location
United States
I used foxes for the last 15 years excellent TM's not a lot of heat. I would like to know how the 6000 model creates 22o at the wand have never seen it and I have run all of the models they have. All Of them. Currently running the 5000. would I buy another one??? Never ever and I mean never.

If you put a Judson and a fox toe to toe, You would be talking about Myke Tyson in his prime (judson) vs De la Hoya already retired (fox).

that is if you already made up your mind about one of this two; but if you are open for recommendations, I would look at the amtex equipment site.
there is no way to go wrong with this machines. I will be buying me a dragon and a 30/47 and will sell my fox. They being in Long Beach will not be a great advantage. With 15 years working with this company and knowing all of the guys in the back of the house and also the ladies in the office I think I should know what to tell you.

Go to Amtex and buy a real machine or, like I said, if you have made up your mind get the judson.

VERITAS4

Mar 25, 2011
Florida
Real Name
Art Arreguin
Business Location
United States
That's 220 at the machine. Not hard here in Florida. I partner with another CC company and he runs a TNT Judson. Head to head my 6000 does better heat wise and just all around though I will say he runs a hx as he purchased it new at a time Les from Judson was experimenting with them. He replaced his motor last year. My experience is not so extensive but in my dealings with both companies they gave me excellent customer service. I asked Les' thoughts on a Fox as I respected his knowledge and he had good things to say about them.

VERITAS4

Mar 25, 2011
Florida
Real Name
Art Arreguin
Business Location
United States
Roland,
You are doing the right thing. Ask people who have run the machines and get their feedback. Try a few different people and you will start getting a picture of the strengths and weaknesses of the machines. Good luck and if I can help in any way let me know.

Art

DBM

Mar 11, 2013
Los Angeles, California
Real Name
Roland Cordero
Thanks for the advices. Art, i do agree that both tm are good. Art which model do you have? Did you buy it used from Joel? I heard that the heat was not hot enough on the OLD FOXES but the NEW models with 3 heat hx are GREAT! Is that true Art? im looking into the 5000 New for 15,000 or used 8500D Dual for 10,000 from Joel. What do you think?
To Mojo- Yes i have looked into the Nicks 3647, really good guy to speak to and very knowledgeable. I am looking into the 3647 from nicks for 12500 with 100g tank, electric hose reel 300ft of vac and solution wand, inline sprayer, 55g fresh water tank and free installation. (great deal) but once again hes out in Texas. If something happens i have to fix it. no warranty on labor only on parts. Duane- i think hes expensive for what he offered. He has not sold to many tm last year. very consern by that! How the way i see it, if your tm is the best and very easy to work on you should be selling tons of them. Les from judson is very firm on his price. from garagebuilders Nick was the one with the best deal and he offered lots of extras.
Thanks Martin-my questions is if you used fox tm for 15 years,what is the issue with them? why would you never buy another one again? is it the heat? in regards of amtex they might look nice but are they really reliable? have you worked with one? How do you feel them being out of state? Labor is not covered if something goes wrong. Labor can be very expensive that the only scary thing for me. If i buy a fox 5000 i know that if anything happens within the 2 years labor and parts will be covered. its a good feeling to have.
Thanks guys

AdmiralClean

Poster
Premium VIP
Mar 13, 2007
Alabama
I think Paul Brown used to own a Fox. He might can shed some light on them, but one thing about Paul. If he knows anything negative to say, you won't hear it.

Where has he been lately, by the way ...

Jerry Valentine

Sep 25, 2008
Real Name
Jerry Valentine
I would be your Judson shop . I'm up in the Bay Area. For installs, Judson chems. And repairs ...if you ever need to fix it

I also run two Judson units a TNT and a reactor.

Jerry Valentine

Sep 25, 2008
Real Name
Jerry Valentine
No does here in Ca... But you would never know that...Seen as you never leave ALABMAa

TheBeast

Mar 30, 2011
Kentucky
monsterclean.us
Real Name
Dave Chrisman
Business Location
United States
I ran a fox 6000 with a carb Nissan for 9 years when I was working with the sofa anchor.....solid machine, not impressive on vac or heat. The Nissan seemed to try to shake the entire unit apart, needed a counter balancing shaft or rubber isolation mounts. Always had broken gauges or loose wiring due to the vibration. If I had one now I bet I could make it scream, but overall a decent unit, way more reliable than the ProChem and the PowerClean Genesis we had. PowerClean was by far the biggest POS I ever touched.

DBM

Mar 11, 2013
Los Angeles, California
Real Name
Roland Cordero
AdmiralClean- Thanks for the posting. I would have to agree with you since im from the west coast it would be better off with a local vendor just to be safe. I have been doing lots reseach with different tms before i make my decision. Im sure i will make the right one. i will keep you posted.

Mojo Rising

Premium VIP
May 26, 2012
Bend
Real Name
REal NAme
What is your budget for a TM and are you able to do repairs yourself on simple machines?

Propane heat is the best you are going to find, its instant and constant.. but you are dealing with a secondary fuel source. I have been using propane for many years with no issues..