wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
I finally decided after all the problems I've had this year with my old Boxxer's Briggs & Stratton engine that it was getting to be more than it was worth to try and keep it going and the engine was becoming just too unreliable. I called https://shop.truckmountforums.com up a few weeks ago and got on their busy schedule. They got me in yesterday morning and put my new engine in and put new gaskets in my diverter valve since it's been leaking a small amount of exhaust out of those gaskets for a while now. I was shocked they didn't break a single bolt getting the diverter off. Last time they broke like 10 out of 12!!! I took my old diverter to the machine shop and had the screw holes redone so I've still got a spare diverter. Those things are over 800 bucks now. Anyway, I thought I'd share a couple pics and let those who tried to help with my engine problem earlier know what I did. I really appreciated the help, but after I found out that even rebuilding the carburetor would not have solved my problem I decided that was enough. New engine time. I got about 16 years out of the old engine so I think I can safely say I well got my money's worth on that thing! Here's my new 23 hp installed. It'll be nice for a while not to have any oil leaks in my van. :)

20180918_131920.jpg
20180918_131943.jpg

Last edited:

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Nice! You will love the feeling of being confident with your equipment again. There’s nothing worse than that pit you get in your stomach just hoping your machine will make it through the job.

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
I have the same engine, your gonna love it!
I was wondering if your's has that extra fuel pump you see in one of my pictures? My old engine was direct fed the fuel from my fuel pump under the van. I couldn't understand why that extra fuel pump needs to be there. The fuel pump I have is specifically for these engines. I guess as long as it works properly I won't mess with it. Also, https://shop.truckmountforums.com is recommending use of regular oil in this engine. Seems like a bad idea to me, but I'm going to definitely talk to Briggs & Stratton directly about using synthetic. I used Mobil synthetic for years in my old engine and firmly believe it contributed to it lasting as long as it did.

Last edited: