New electric motor. | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

New electric motor.

Major

Dec 13, 2018
Real Name
Eric major
I just got into the game. Bought a used bane and first thing motor goes bad. Do I have to replace through bane? Can I get a 2 hp instead of 1.5? Last ? What can I mod to get more suck?

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
You can have your motor repaired locally for pennies on the dollar compared to buy a new. It's kind of hard to give advice on the other questions without knowing what you have in there now. Is the blower belt driven or direct coupled how many RPMs is it turning do you have a separate small vacuum motor, if so what model # is it.

Major

Dec 13, 2018
Real Name
Eric major
It is a bane motor drives water presser and blower. I found a new 1.5hp or 2hp motor cheap. $300 bane wants $800. I do not have a separate blower would like to add one tho

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
I just got into the game. Bought a used bane and first thing motor goes bad. Do I have to replace through bane? Can I get a 2 hp instead of 1.5? Last ? What can I mod to get more suck?
Of course you can go ahead and find yourself some good quality and motors and swap them out!

Rick Imby

Jul 2, 2009
Montana
www.missoulagreencarpetcleaning.com
Real Name
Rick Imby
Business Location
United States
Bane has the most powerful motor that they can run on one cord. You could easily put in a pair of LX vac motors and an electric pump for less than the new motor from Bane and you would have many times the suck. This would take two circuits. Bane makes awesome tanks and equipment---but it is straight from the 1980s.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Bane has the most powerful motor that they can run on one cord. You could easily put in a pair of LX vac motors and an electric pump for less than the new motor from Bane and you would have many times the suck. This would take two circuits. Bane makes awesome tanks and equipment---but it is straight from the 1980s.
Rick is 100% accurate, 86ing the motor/blower/pump system and going to LX motors in series + pump and pumpout can be easily done with more power with less amps.

Major

Dec 13, 2018
Real Name
Eric major
Rick is 100% accurate, 86ing the motor/blower/pump system and going to LX motors in series + pump and pumpout can be easily done with more power with less amps.
Can I add these LX vac motors to my existing system?

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
Can I add these LX vac motors to my existing system?
Yes you could remove the blower and put lx or use 8.4s Motors in it either without performed the current bean clean setup those things are like 1967 threw up all over the place they're simply put archaic

Major

Dec 13, 2018
Real Name
Eric major
Awesome thanks for the help. Can I add the lx inline between existing blower and the tank? Next topic can I add psi

Rick Imby

Jul 2, 2009
Montana
www.missoulagreencarpetcleaning.com
Real Name
Rick Imby
Business Location
United States
It would be possible to add a vac motor "in parallel" to your blower, I'm not sure if you could add it behind the blower. You can use larger jets if you want more water. Jim Davidson would probably agree with me that the volume of water is more important than the pressure.

Reactions: Jim Davisson

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
It would be possible to add a vac motor "in parallel" to your blower, I'm not sure if you could add it behind the blower. You can use larger jets if you want more water. Jim Davidson would probably agree with me that the volume of water is more important than the pressure.
There was a video on youtube with an 8.4 with the blower. It didnt share much information just video of it being turned on and running.