New Business, looking for advice

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Frein
Business Location
United States
Maybe it's just me but doing $400 for 8 apartments in a day with a portable just seems back breaking. Once I went with a truck mount I never looked back, and also allowed me to start offering other services. I know I have a different perspective than most because I helped a low moisture franchise start up and be successful , but I saw bigger success in a truck mount model.

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
Bro.....

I am 100% up on truckmounts......
However I have done many apartments....
Using a tm.......

I can say from experience that a tm can be a pain on 3rd floor apts...even 2nd row apts....for 30$
As you have to breakdown and setup.....
Would be easier with a portable

Namco in Houston has the absolute best portable for apts.....
Wheels to go upstairs......
http://www.namcomfg.com/namco3/shop/category.aspx?catid=51
wow!

I completely understand your point. $30.00 for an apartment.
Over here I do a 1 bedroom, hall, closet and living room at a minimum of $170.00

I mention this not to show off but to express that your charging cost will greatly effect the equipment purchase and the cost.

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
Maybe it's just me but doing $400 for 8 apartments in a day with a portable just seems back breaking. Once I went with a truck mount I never looked back, and also allowed me to start offering other services. I know I have a different perspective than most because I helped a low moisture franchise start up and be successful , but I saw bigger success in a truck mount model.
I agree to me a truckmount is much easier to set up, especially if you have the apartments next to each other. I try to avoid portable work as much as possible.
about 8-9 years ago i took on a 60 unit building, the owner wanted all of them cleaned in 1 day and wanted me to clean after her cleaners finished cleaning each unit. well i did not end well.
I ended up arriving at 3pm her cleaners had only done 4 units, each unit have 3-5 sleeping areas all wall to carpet, rat nasties, with tons of soil, stains and they were horrible! I could not convince the owner to replace the carpet. an how I started at 3 pm and was only able to clean 5 units and stopped at 10 pm. for me portables are slow to work with.