Need to make this portable better

shane76

Mar 15, 2010
ft collins co
Real Name
shane
Business Location
United States
Hi all, I just got an older mytee 1000 dx . One of the vac motors is going bad. I'd like to know what i should replace it with . Also should I run the hoses differenty ? In series or Parrel ?ill post a pic comments are greatly appreciated . GOD bless and thank you
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 243

Jan Sullins

Sep 17, 2008
Ok.City Oklahoma
Real Name
Jan Sullins
Shane instead of changing the configuration of your vacuum system from parallel to series I would think about
possibly upgrading your vacuum motors. If I a not mistaken the 1000 dx has two low amperage 3 stages which
are rated at 130"h2o and 100 cfms or 2 in parallel 130"h2o 200 cfms. That is pretty good actually but ratings are usually
off . Especially on lift. If yours is a single cord machine then I don't know if you would want to change anything as if you
did upgrade vacuum motors up to for instance the same ones that Mytee installs into their high performance equipment
you would have to go to two cords. The increase in performance would be a whole lot however. You could just order them
from Mytee or you can find them at other places. Not sure how much you can save though.

Jan Sullins

Sep 17, 2008
Ok.City Oklahoma
Real Name
Jan Sullins
buy two 6.6 2 stage motors for that baby. you will have 288 cfm, 137" water lift. you could run 100 feet of vacuum hose from your vehicle!
It will easily run at 100 feet in fact it will have little trouble running at 150 feet. 288 cfms is a bunch out of two vacuum motors .
I never got that 137" water lift however. The 8.4 gets close to that . Really what matters is whether it has sufficient lift when you
put the wand to carpet and begin the hot water extraction process. We had little trouble and did not feel we were lacking vacuum.
When we got up past 150 feet we could always add our Power Booster 6.6 . Easily was powerful enough to go to 215 feet which was all the vacuum hose I carried in my truck.

Nick Miladinov

Oct 10, 2013
Real Name
Nick Miladinov
I have a Mytee LTD 12 and I blew a vac motor because of excessive foaming( Water and foam was coming out of the exhaust). If i'm going to buy new motors than might as well upgrade to larger ones no? Can anyone tell me which ones will fit into my machine?

Suction Junkie

Feb 24, 2011
Chicago Illinois
Real Name
Reuben Brumby
Business Location
United States
I have a Mytee LTD 12 and I blew a vac motor because of excessive foaming( Water and foam was coming out of the exhaust). If i'm going to buy new motors than might as well upgrade to larger ones no? Can anyone tell me which ones will fit into my machine?
Do your motors not work?

Ed Cruz

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2013
CT
Real Name
Ed Cruz
Right on, do you know of a good motor to replace it with? Also could I get better suction if I ran those motors in series together ? I think I have enough room to change it up a bit .
If after taking measurements you can fit 2 8.4 2stage motors in there that would be my choice. Id prefer them in series. If your already set up for parrallel and dont wanna change configuration go with 2 6.6 2stage motors. The 6.6 motors are alot cheaper. As for a adj. 500psi pump go with the Cat pump. Awesome little pump.

Nick Miladinov

Oct 10, 2013
Real Name
Nick Miladinov
If after taking measurements you can fit 2 8.4 2stage motors in there that would be my choice. Id prefer them in series. If your already set up for parrallel and dont wanna change configuration go with 2 6.6 2stage motors. The 6.6 motors are alot cheaper. As for a adj. 500psi pump go with the Cat pump. Awesome little pump.
Can that fit in my LTD 12? What kind of lift and CFM would that be?

Mike Krall

Premium VIP
Apr 24, 2013
New York
Real Name
Mike Krall

Any particular brand motors better than another? I have a Kaivac with the same issue. Want to turn it into a suction machine.