Need to get SX-15 from NC to AZ. UPS wants $350. | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Need to get SX-15 from NC to AZ. UPS wants $350.

LeeRoy

Feb 13, 2010
Arizona
Real Name
Lee Coking
Business Location
United States
Hey guys, I need help. I'm buying a SX-15 from John in North Carolina and trying to get it shipped to Arizona. Problem is UPS is wanting $350 to ship it. Any ideas or suggestions will be appreciated. $350 seems way to high.

Thanks, Lee

Cleaning Concierge

Jul 13, 2011
New Orleans, LA
Real Name
Barrett Wiley
Business Location
United States
Ship via freight lines....old dominion, etc. Paid around $200 to get a square shipped from St.Louis to New orleans

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Reactions: LeeRoy

falcans

Feb 26, 2012
Canada
Real Name
Ricardo bials
Business Location
Canada
Wow ups is such a rip off surprised there still around search online I got 2 skids with a truck mount shipped from las Vegas to canada almost 35 hr drive for 450.00 I used r &l then day and toss for canada I would do a skid be cheaper maybe 150.00 or uship or search google cheap freight quotes

Sent from my Nexus 4 using TMF Forums mobile app

spotman123

Jan 3, 2010
new york
Real Name
spot man
Business Location
United States
Sounds way off to me. I wonder what a dealer would charge you to ship?

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
Sounds way off to me. I wonder what a dealer would charge you to ship?
That is WAY OFF..Unless that Suker weighs a Thousand POUNDS! Should be under a Hundred bucks...if more look into a Freight Forwarder.

LeeRoy

Feb 13, 2010
Arizona
Real Name
Lee Coking
Business Location
United States
Thanks everyone.. I've called freight companies and they are all telling me $300 and up. It's hard because I don't have the tool. I was told Fed Ex freight may be the way to go, so John who I'm buying it from is going to take it there and see how much.

Again, thanks for everyone's input.

Lee

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
Thanks everyone.. I've called freight companies and they are all telling me $300 and up. It's hard because I don't have the tool. I was told Fed Ex freight may be the way to go, so John who I'm buying it from is going to take it there and see how much.

Again, thanks for everyone's input.

Lee
No need to take it anywhere..Just give them the Wt & Cube..Done! Get Price immediately,they will PU and deliver door to door. I ship 55 lbs 5 days a week and NEVER pay more than 40.00 a carton. When I ship Multiples..I pay around 35.00 each. One time shipping Fed x will be a bit less expensive but not by much.

Kenny Wright

Jan 29, 2009
Virginia
Real Name
Kenny Wright
Business Location
United States
When I bought Deron's 360i the shipping company wanted a small fortune. Deron dismantled the machine into sections and the shipping became very reasonable.

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
UPS will charge by the size of the box. A tool with a long handle costs plenty. Consider taking it apart and put in a smaller box.

Option B - is to fly out, pick it up and take it home in your luggage. I think the air fare would be less than $350. :)

Reactions: rob allen

LeeRoy

Feb 13, 2010
Arizona
Real Name
Lee Coking
Business Location
United States
UPS will charge by the size of the box. A tool with a long handle costs plenty. Consider taking it apart and put in a smaller box.

Option B - is to fly out, pick it up and take it home in your luggage. I think the air fare would be less than $350. :)

I agree Scott with taking the tool apart would be cheaper. But I think flying round trip from AZ to NC would be very expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums mobile app

Troyster

Apr 24, 2013
Terrace BC
Real Name
Troy Sims
Business Location
Canada
Box it up and put it on a Greyhound bus :eek:

Seriously I have heard of people doing this.
Yep get someone to get a luggage tag from Greyhound, fill it out with your name and address and stick the sx-15 in a hockey bag and slip it onto the bus > free shipping!! when you pick it up at other end!

Davey Cracker

Nov 6, 2009
LB, CAliforina
Real Name
DT
Business Location
United States
Figure out who is bending you over, and go the other way!...........NO F'in way UPS on a 15 lbs SX15 is $350!!!!!

Deron06

Deron
Premium VIP
Sep 25, 2010
Real Name
Deron Najarian
Business Location
United States
Kenny is correct. UPS quoted me close to $600 to ship the RV360i from Fl to Virginia. Fed Ex was a bit higher.

I took it apart and sent it USPS for less than $50.

Troyster

Apr 24, 2013
Terrace BC
Real Name
Troy Sims
Business Location
Canada
Kenny is correct. UPS quoted me close to $600 to ship the RV360i from Fl to Virginia. Fed Ex was a bit higher.

I took it apart and sent it USPS for less than $50.
Same here when i sold my 360i! took it apart boxed it and sent it through Canada Post from Northern Canada to Vegas for $106.00!

Reactions: rob allen

Latest posts