Need some professional advise on carpets | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Need some professional advise on carpets

FPSOFTBALLCOACH

Oct 2, 2019
Real Name
TONY F
I own a daycare and over the years had 6 different companies come out to clean the carpets. Either they don't have the right machines or have no clue how to clean the carpets but these carpets look dirty all the time. They are only 6 years old and were a good brand. Last year I rented a 100psi extractor with heat and I did it myself and it came out better than the professionals. Now to my question. What portable machine or machines and chemicals should I use to clean 8 rooms with 500 square of commercial carpet low nap on concrete and some have a pad underneath?

• Haha
Reactions: Odin

AussieCarpetBloke

Premium VIP
May 15, 2016
Real Name
Corey Bayliss
I own a daycare and over the years had 6 different companies come out to clean the carpets. Either they don't have the right machines or have no clue how to clean the carpets but these carpets look dirty all the time. They are only 6 years old and were a good brand. Last year I rented a 100psi extractor with heat and I did it myself and it came out better than the professionals. Now to my question. What portable machine or machines and chemicals should I use to clean 8 rooms with 500 square of commercial carpet low nap on concrete and some have a pad underneath?
I’ve taken my children to 6 daycare centres, they are all incompetent. None of them have any clue how to look after children, let alone run a daycare it’s disgraceful! The last time I attempted to place them in care, the daycare facility was so awful I quit my job and just stayed home and cared for them myself. Now the question, I have another job offer, and I want to know what to do and how to deal with providing care for my children?

Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
I’ve taken my children to 6 daycare centres, they are all incompetent. None of them have any clue how to look after children, let alone run a daycare it’s disgraceful! The last time I attempted to place them in care, the daycare facility was so awful I quit my job and just stayed home and cared for them myself. Now the question, I have another job offer, and I want to know what to do and how to deal with providing care for my children?
Just start your own daycare and problem solved.

Reactions: AussieCarpetBloke

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
It is hard to find a good one.

Reactions: AussieCarpetBloke

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Even the preschool we are using is incompetent.

Owner is nice enough but nothing is tracked seems like an organizational mess.

I trust my child is safe for 4 hours so it’s working and their learning.
I got lucky. My daughter went to daycare through kindergarten. They were pretty strict. You needed code to get in. They would only release kids to parent or you had to call in if a family member was coming in place of you for puck pick up.

Public school problem was they only stay half day for kindergarten Then "extended day" and that was if school was even open or had no early dismissal. At daycare she stayed until 5:30pm when i picked her up mon-fri. She also entered 1st grade more advanced then everyone else. Now right up the street a popular daycare got into trouble. And its branch company that was a few miles up the road i knew the girl there. She's a heroine addict. Definitely need to be investigative when searching these places out. It costs you a arm plus your leg in payments ( ;) tax deductible) so you not only want them safe. But you also want them coming out of there educated.

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
You need to hire a reputable company that has great reviews, these companies will charge more but they do great work.

Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
You need to hire a reputable company that has great reviews, these companies will charge more but they do great work.
I agree and I think if they hired 6 different companies and they all did bad work they might be basing who they hire off of price and price alone.

FPSOFTBALLCOACH

Oct 2, 2019
Real Name
TONY F
I got lucky. My daughter went to daycare through kindergarten. They were pretty strict. You needed code to get in. They would only release kids to parent or you had to call in if a family member was coming in place of you for puck pick up.

Public school problem was they only stay half day for kindergarten Then "extended day" and that was if school was even open or had no early dismissal. At daycare she stayed until 5:30pm when i picked her up mon-fri. She also entered 1st grade more advanced then everyone else. Now right up the street a popular daycare got into trouble. And its branch company that was a few miles up the road i knew the girl there. She's a heroine addict. Definitely need to be investigative when searching these places out. It costs you a arm plus your leg in payments ( ;) tax deductible) so you not only want them safe. But you also want them coming out of there educated.
Sounds like you sent your daughter to my place.

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
If you're doing it yourself. The portable you want should have 2 cords for its vacs alone and pump. 1 cord vac /pump second cord vac possible pump out. Heater will require third cord. Minimum 200 psi. 500psi be better. Heat you can use bucket heaters. Chemicals you can maybe try biobreak or Klean Rite Klenz. Its not to harsh. Both are enzyme for foods and organic gunk. Use an acid rinse or if worried use white vinegar in place of acid rinse. But make sure floors will be completely dry to avoid possible allergic skin reactions on kids. Just apply biobreak or klenz with pump sprayer. Use deck brush to scrub bad areas.

If really worried about allergic reactions. Look up procyon. It works. Not as good as the others. But it works.

If you want to try a machine out see if Interlink supply is near you. They carry the Nautilus Extreme. Maybe you can give that a try. Or even just rent one as you need it.

FPSOFTBALLCOACH

Oct 2, 2019
Real Name
TONY F
I agree and I think if they hired 6 different companies and they all did bad work they might be basing who they hire off of price and price alone.
Wish that was the truth, paid anywhere from $800 - $2000 for the same rooms and they all used truck mounted machines and pre treated. That's why I'm trying to educated myself. Was even thinking about going to school
If you're doing it yourself. The portable you want should have 2 cords for its vacs alone and pump. 1 cord vac /pump second cord vac possible pump out. Heater will require third cord. Minimum 200 psi. 500psi be better. Heat you can use bucket heaters. Chemicals you can maybe try biobreak or Klean Rite Klenz. Its not to harsh. Both are enzyme for foods and organic gunk. Use an acid rinse or if worried use white vinegar in place of acid rinse. But make sure floors will be completely dry to avoid possible allergic skin reactions on kids. Just apply biobreak or klenz with pump sprayer. Use deck brush to scrub bad areas.

If really worried about allergic reactions. Look up procyon. It works. Not as good as the others. But it works.

If you want to try a machine out see if Interlink supply is near you. They carry the Nautilus Extreme. Maybe you can give that a try. Or even just rent one as you need it.
Thanks for advise. I wish you were located near me and I would hire you to do the job. I guess I was a little pissed and I made a general statement and I ruffled some feathers and I apologize. Thanks and have a great day!

Spazznout

Premium VIP
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
Real Name
Matt
Business Location
United States
@FPSOFTBALLCOACH

Seriously...............
Its a tax write off.......

Go hire a a real pros...

Real Pros have positive reviews on lots of different platforms on the internet.

A real pros will NOT have signs on the road, and you are going to crap yourself when you see the estimate/ invoice price............Day cares are a pain in the butt to clean correctly and usually need done on saturday nights or sundays so that they can be completely dry before opening for business again. This will cause the price to go up.

REAL pros do not work for chump change.

We dont have too.....
Our customers appreciate us....
Because we are pros.......

Oh yea, If they can get in to you the same day or even the same week to do the estimate and the cleaning.............Probably NOT pros either..........Pros stay booked up 1-3++ weeks out.

Find a pros you can work with and get on a quarterly cleaning schedule!!!!!!!

You can not go a year and then expect the carpet to look brand new again. Dirt via friction removes the "shine" of your carpet......Plus you got babies and kids crawling on the floor. They need cleaned regularly for cleanliness as well. .

Last edited: