Need some ideas on sealing waste tank lid.

Mar 26, 2016
Real Name
Jesse Root
I have the TCS chief TM with the 100 gallon tank. I wanted to see what other people were using to seal the waste tank lid. I was thinking about using a yoga mat, cut the mat to fit in the lid of the tank and glue or use double sided tape to keep the mat in place. I am not trying to permanently seal the lid to the tank. I know that is a big NO NO.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Please provide pics if possible.

LeeRoy

Feb 13, 2010
Arizona
Real Name
Lee Coking
Business Location
United States
Take a bicycle tire and cut along the center, stretch over the tank to make a seal between the tank and lid. I learned this from someone on TMF years ago and I could be happier. Good luck my friend.

Jeff Marek

Aug 24, 2012
Real Name
Jeff Marek
Business Location
United States
I have the TCS chief TM with the 100 gallon tank. I wanted to see what other people were using to seal the waste tank lid. I was thinking about using a yoga mat, cut the mat to fit in the lid of the tank and glue or use double sided tape to keep the mat in place. I am not trying to permanently seal the lid to the tank. I know that is a big NO NO.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Please provide pics if possible.
I have the same TM...
We just use 3M window seal and replace every spring.
We apply it to the tank lip and separations.
I’ll be interested to see if anyone has a better idea myself!!

Cameron RDS

Jun 2, 2015
Real Name
Cameron Duty
What I did after researching on here was the yoga mat. My tank had the flat edge as well. I made sure to find a really good mat though. I believe it was called the warrior mat from Walmart. It was a rubber mat. Got the mat then wired brushed the lid so the glue would stick. I found some version of liquid nails that was meant for metal and ruber and used this as the glue. So far so good. It has last me 3 months so far and is still going strong.