Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
just 3years..........
Yeah i doubt that be jute backed. Stretch it in over double strip. Then rinse. If the carpet isnt thick enough to cover pins just smash them over with a hammer in front if tile. So tgey dont bloody their feet.
I almost never use single strip unless its very thin carpet. Even then ill still double up my stretch walls in winter months.

george8585

Feb 27, 2011
Earth
Real Name
George
Business Location
United States
poly silk

We are all learning something today from your nightmare.

jeffexe

Dec 10, 2020
Real Name
jeff Helmer
Sorry, but this industry has to stop throwing oxidizers on everything.

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Ok so I just left the home.....there’s no browning like the pics suggest but it did shrink and pull away from a bath doorway. It has a woven backing so I’m sure that’s the cause.......I tried kicking it but it’s pretty stiff so I’m just gonna ask an installer to do it or whether I should vapor steam and kick it in.....It is matted in the area I cleaned but I’m not sure it’s not a combination of wear and maybe the cleaning..... I tested it and it’s a polypropylene fiber type it seems...
Lol now i see this post. T mobile’s speed around here sucks man.

Ed Cruz

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2013
CT
Real Name
Ed Cruz
Yeah i doubt that be jute backed. Stretch it in over double strip. Then rinse. If the carpet isnt thick enough to cover pins just smash them over with a hammer in front if tile. So tgey dont bloody their feet.
I almost never use single strip unless its very thin carpet. Even then ill still double up my stretch walls in winter months.
Honestly I’m thinking just vapor steam it to hopefully pick up the nap and soften the carpet then kick it back into place. Too concerned about wetting it too much then having it shrink again on me after I leave. My Rocket was mixed up strong because of the puke but I hwe at 300psi with overlapping strokes and did extra dry passes. I can’t see Rocket degrading a polypropylene fiber making it mat down. Your supposed to be able to hammer them with stronger chems. This carpet is that stuff that comes like 13.5 wide on a roll and people make area rugs and runners per custom size.....when I clean these area rugs I always weight down the corners with 5gal carpet adhesive buckets because they curl and buckle. Obviously there was no way to no it had a woven backing and I knew it wasn’t wool so I’m really not sure what test could have been performed to prevent this.

Reactions: keep it clean

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Honestly I’m thinking just vapor steam it to hopefully pick up the nap and soften the carpet then kick it back into place. Too concerned about wetting it too much then having it shrink again on me after I leave. My Rocket was mixed up strong because of the puke but I hwe at 300psi with overlapping strokes and did extra dry passes. I can’t see Rocket degrading a polypropylene fiber making it mat down. Your supposed to be able to hammer them with stronger chems. This carpet is that stuff that comes like 13.5 wide on a roll and people make area rugs and runners per custom size.....when I clean these area rugs I always weight down the corners with 5gal carpet adhesive buckets because they curl and buckle. Obviously there was no way to no it had a woven backing and I knew it wasn’t wool so I’m really not sure what test could have been performed to prevent this.
I totally missed your post saying it was woven. Yeah they can shrink and quite a bit. Area rugs end up looking like a wavy potato chip.
Maybe the the encap juice is holding the fibers down if you mixed it heavy idk? Give the steamer a shot being careful not to cause the carpet to reverse sweep. I’ve done that with my seaming iron once while seaming a basement. Made a 3”wide stripe laying in the opposite direction. Only made that mistake once lol.
the carpet should bump back in. I dont think youll have trouble with that one. Width maybe the length should stretch like a rubber band.