Need some help deciding on a new truckmount. | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Need some help deciding on a new truckmount.

Blazer GT

Oct 20, 2012
www.orbitclean.com
Real Name
Todd G
Business Location
United States
Weird prochem has it rated at 406. Maybe I am missing something. I never really got into the mechanical truckmount stuff. As long as it squirts, sucks, & has hot water I am pretty happy.

View attachment 65776
Maybe Prochem has a specially made blower but here are the specs for the GD 406 blower that is on the 370. You will probably hold 12 HG when the wand is on the carpet so you are looking at 361 CFM.

Triflow 406.png

Last edited:

Blazer GT

Oct 20, 2012
www.orbitclean.com
Real Name
Todd G
Business Location
United States
I am not Mister Money bags like you. :D

Quite a bit less money for similar performance. I also use a little giant to assist with hot water.

Plus I am winding down my carpet cleaning career so I think the Peak will do me ok.

You won't need a little giant in the summer around here. Gloves yes, little giant just in the winter

Reactions: Harry Mullett

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
We run a judson TNT and a reliabuilt TM

both are excellent machines, tons of heat on tap more than what is safe for carpet.

extremely reliable, easy to work on, never stranded all parts available locally at auto parts store minus the blower.

Fire up the machine first thing in the morning and wand is smoking hot in just a few strokes, even middle of winter easily 220 atw all day long with trigger wide open for hours

Can buy 2 relia-builts for the price of one decent prochem or similar machine.

Reactions: brianedwards25

ciobanu_liviu

Aug 12, 2015
Real Name
Liviu Ciobanu
By the way how you like the reliabuilt TM. I am thinking to by one without heat exchange and use an north star for heat. Didn't find to much information or reviews on this TM?

SunnyDays Carpet Cleaning

Aug 23, 2014
Real Name
David Dubois
I am not Mister Money bags like you. :D

Quite a bit less money for similar performance. I also use a little giant to assist with hot water.

Plus I am winding down my carpet cleaning career so I think the Peak will do me ok.
I was also considering a Peak, I was told by several people there was a problem with the engines. Do your homework.

Harry Mullett

Premium VIP
Dec 29, 2009
Idaho
Real Name
John Bunn
Business Location
United States
I was also considering a Peak, I was told by several people there was a problem with the engines. Do your homework.
The machines I have now have the same engine. I have heard some people had problems. I think part of the problem is carpet cleaners over-rev the engine (3200 rmps or more) to try and create more heat. I run my machines at 2800 rpms. One advantqge of a propane fired auxiliary water heater not having to work the engine so hard.

Jnelms

Oct 8, 2014
Real Name
Joseph Nelms
I own a Steam Action. Its about 15 years old now I believe. I am not the most mechanically inclined individual but to be honest, with this machine you don't have to be. This one, as I believe all are, built on stainless steel frames with stainless steel tanks. I am about to replace the motor for the 3rd time, but I have never replaced the pump or blower and its still putting out plenty of heat.

I have never used any of the the other major brands so I cant say its better, but I if I ever see a need to but another one, I plan on getting another Steam Action.

Reactions: Harry Mullett

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
By the way how you like the reliabuilt TM. I am thinking to by one without heat exchange and use an north star for heat. Didn't find to much information or reviews on this TM?
It's an excellent machine we have been very impressed with it. Zero issues, we use a #3 little giant no heat exchanger but it does have a pre heater which is a pretty cool feature. The incoming water runs through a coil wrapped around exhaust so the little giant doesn't have to work as hard.

Pre heater tends to get the water up to around 130f going into the LG. Very helpful in the winter time.

Allied

Life is good!
Premium VIP
Jun 18, 2013
Down Yonder
Real Name
Simon Bolivar
Business Location
United States
It's an excellent machine we have been very impressed with it. Zero issues, we use a #3 little giant no heat exchanger but it does have a pre heater which is a pretty cool feature. The incoming water runs through a coil wrapped around exhaust so the little giant doesn't have to work as hard.

Pre heater tends to get the water up to around 130f going into the LG. Very helpful in the winter time.
ACP...Do you know if the preheater coil is made of copper or stainless steel?

Would a pic be too much to ask for when you get a chance?

Thanks!

larry roy

Apr 25, 2015
Real Name
larry roy
Ive used several..only 2 i would buy...hydra master or butler...i would go butler...nice set up very low maintensnce..lots of hot water...best machine i ever had....butlet 1st choice...oh and excellent service from mmfg

Sent from my LG-H812 using TMF Forums mobile app