Need Some Help ASAP !! Linen Sofa - Browning ! PICS Attached

Sonny Cohen

Jun 29, 2010
New York
Real Name
Sonny
Business Location
United States
Okay so a very good client of mine has this HUGE Linen sofa.

The sofa was very dirty in general and had several urine stains on it as well.

We cleaned it and all the stains came out ....BUT ...when it dried it left a lot of what looks like browning and water marks all over.

Used Prochem Fine Fabric Shampoo and extracted with Acid Rinse and Browning
Treatment.

Went back a second time and sprayed with browning treatment on the yellow spots but didn't help much at all.

I really really need a way to fix this.

What can be done?? If I told you whose couch this is you would understand why it must be fixed lol.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Bill Yeadon

Preferred Vendor
Aug 29, 2008
Indianapolis IN
https
Real Name
Bill Yeadon
I agree with the Haitian Cotton cleaner and if you can get it outside in the sun that will help. I would use the HC shampoo as opposed to the HC for HWE as it will dry faster and that is critical. I would also place plastic inside the seat covers to prevent any wicking of the urine stains.
I know this is a little late but I hope you had some sort of a release signed due to the previous damage caused by the urine. If not this could be an expensive lesson.

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
Use Bridgepoint's Fabric Shampoo. Add 1/2 to 1 ounce of Bridgepoint's Coffee Stain Remover to each gallon of ready to use shampoo. This makes it a Haitian cotton shampoo. Clean with the foam.

Rinse with an acid side rinse such as Fab Set or Avenge Clear Rinse or All Fabric Rinse

Cleaning in sunlight will help. Put plastic inside the cushions to prevent wicking as Bill already suggested.

Expect the linen to look somewhat darker until it has fully dried.

You can finish with an encapsulation product such as Encapuguard Green (overall) or Stop Spot on problem areas.

http://interlinksupply.com/index.php?item_num=CU61GL Fabric Shampoo

Coffee Stain Remover http://interlinksupply.com/index.php?item_num=CS16B

Allied

Life is good!
Premium VIP
Jun 18, 2013
Down Yonder
Real Name
Simon Bolivar
Business Location
United States

We cleaned it and all the stains came out ....BUT ...when it dried it left a lot of what looks like browning and water marks all over.

Treatment.

Went back a second time and sprayed with browning treatment on the yellow spots but didn't help much at all.

What can be done?? If I told you whose couch this is you would understand why it must be fixed lol.

View attachment 36455 View attachment 36456 View attachment 36457

Dont have anything to add...but please comeback and tell us how it went.

Pulling for you Bro.

Reactions: aloha one

Sonny Cohen

Jun 29, 2010
New York
Real Name
Sonny
Business Location
United States
Use Bridgepoint's Fabric Shampoo. Add 1/2 to 1 ounce of Bridgepoint's Coffee Stain Remover to each gallon of ready to use shampoo. This makes it a Haitian cotton shampoo. Clean with the foam.

Rinse with an acid side rinse such as Fab Set or Avenge Clear Rinse or All Fabric Rinse

Cleaning in sunlight will help. Put plastic inside the cushions to prevent wicking as Bill already suggested.

Expect the linen to look somewhat darker until it has fully dried.

You can finish with an encapsulation product such as Encapuguard Green (overall) or Stop Spot on problem areas.

http://interlinksupply.com/index.php?item_num=CU61GL Fabric Shampoo

Coffee Stain Remover http://interlinksupply.com/index.php?item_num=CS16B

Apply with a sponge? how much dwell time would you suggest before extracting ?

Should I use blowers to dry?

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
Apply with a sponge? how much dwell time would you suggest before extracting ?

Should I use blowers to dry?
Apply with sponge (I like natural sea sponge) or with a soft brush such as horse hair.

Dwell time depends upon the response, if you have it in the sun or not and other factors. Try to watch what is happening to the discolored areas of the sofa. I would suspect 3 to 5 minutes should be about right.

Reactions: aloha one

sleepy smurf

Jul 25, 2014
Florida
Real Name
Natalino Smeralda

Treatment.

View attachment 36455 View attachment 36456 View attachment 36457
Buy them a new sofa

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Why not try acid rinse or brown out to see how a small spot reacts?

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
Acid rinse may help (some) but my experience is to do what Scott suggests...AFTER you try your method & it
fails...Hopefully that will Git R Done! Going back with acid rinse after the fact never worked for me..But hey I used a 175, Floor Stripper on it with a Stripping Pad.,

Last edited:
Reactions: Scott W

Allied

Life is good!
Premium VIP
Jun 18, 2013
Down Yonder
Real Name
Simon Bolivar
Business Location
United States
Apply with sponge (I like natural sea sponge) or with a soft brush such as horse hair.

Dwell time depends upon the response, if you have it in the sun or not and other factors. Try to watch what is happening to the discolored areas of the sofa. I would suspect 3 to 5 minutes should be about right.

Scott, the sunlight thing...if one is not able to take sofa outside...would one of those sun lamps accomplish the same?

Real question...Thanks

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
Obviously..I'm not Scott, but I would say NO! You need equal coverage which a sun lamp wont provide. Natural light accelerates the process but not mandatory to correct the issue here. Scott...??

Sonny Cohen

Jun 29, 2010
New York
Real Name
Sonny
Business Location
United States
The lighting actually is good in the apartment. Floor to ceiling panoramic windows. Places gets a ton of light.

Unfortunately the sofa cannot be taken outside. Thing is huge and was built in the apartment.

Allied

Life is good!
Premium VIP
Jun 18, 2013
Down Yonder
Real Name
Simon Bolivar
Business Location
United States
Obviously..I'm not Scott, but I would say NO! You need equal coverage which a sun lamp wont provide. Natural light accelerates the process but not mandatory to correct the issue here. Scott...??

So you would need one of those BC bud grow house setup if you used lamps right? :)

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
The UV portion of sunlight accelerates the action of the reducing agent and in other ways speeds up the whitening of the fabric.

The drawback of sunlamps is the uneven output and uneven coverage. You could end up with blotchy appearance. Not worth the risk on expensive furnishings. It will be OK to work in the apartment. Sunlight is not needed, just helpful if available.