Sterling

Aug 19, 2013
York Region
www.sterlingcnr.com
Real Name
Ryan Sterling
Business Location
Canada
Advice! I should always spell check lol, anyway...

Would hooking this pump directly to the TM battery be a problem? Should I add a switch? I don't have a problem removing the clips after I'm done but is it a safety factor to have a switch?
photo-3.JPG

Wec

Jul 31, 2012
Real Name
dustin denton
For safety a inline fuse is way more important than a swich if you add a switch it will be easier to use
If its just you running the machine it's very easy to forget to hook up the clips to the battery or unhook them when done

Reactions: keep it clean

lmullica

Dec 27, 2009
Johnston, Iowa
www.mullicacarpetcare.com
Real Name
Larry Mullica
Business Location
United States
I put a switch on mine. Put it on the panel right below the engine kill switch. You might want to buy an accumulator also. I don't know how the Mytee pump is set up but you don't want it to run 100% of the time. The accumulator I bought was a Shurflo. Got it on Ebay for about $25. I can give you some help setting it up if you need it.

Reactions: Wec

Sterling

Aug 19, 2013
York Region
www.sterlingcnr.com
Real Name
Ryan Sterling
Business Location
Canada
I put a switch on mine. Put it on the panel right below the engine kill switch. You might want to buy an accumulator also. I don't know how the Mytee pump is set up but you don't want it to run 100% of the time. The accumulator I bought was a Shurflo. Got it on Ebay for about $25. I can give you some help setting it up if you need it.
There is no accumulator needed with this pump. Thanks for the help offer. I guess adding a fuse and a switch would be necessary. I'm not an electrical guy so any tips would be great.

lmullica

Dec 27, 2009
Johnston, Iowa
Real Name
Larry Mullica
Business Location
United States
There is no accumulator needed with this pump. Thanks for the help offer. I guess adding a fuse and a switch would be necessary. I'm not an electrical guy so any tips would be great.
You need to run a wire from the battery (or a terminal that's hot when the key is on) to the red wire on pump. The black wire on pump goes to ground. Somewhere in one of those wires, doesn't matter which one, you will put an on/off switch. I think I put my switch in the power wire. Mount the switch somewhere handy. Make sense? Let me know if I left any blanks.

Sterling

Aug 19, 2013
York Region
www.sterlingcnr.com
Real Name
Ryan Sterling
Business Location
Canada
W
You need to run a wire from the battery (or a terminal that's hot when the key is on) to the red wire on pump. The black wire on pump goes to ground. Somewhere in one of those wires, doesn't matter which one, you will put an on/off switch. I think I put my switch in the power wire. Mount the switch somewhere handy. Make sense? Let me know if I left any blanks.
Thanks! What about the inline fuse? Same wire as the switch? Do you know what gauge wire this is?

Sterling

Aug 19, 2013
York Region
www.sterlingcnr.com
Real Name
Ryan Sterling
Business Location
Canada
Fuse probably in the power wire. BTW, did you get a fuse with it? It looks like 14 gauge wire. You won't hurt anything if you go 12 gauge but don't use 16 gauge.
No it didn't come with a fuse. I did buy another 14 gauge wire but it seems to be thinner. I'll try a 12. Would you go battery to the clips then to the fuse then to the switch then to the pump or the switch before the fuse?

seagrtj

Jun 28, 2011
MO
Real Name
Todd Seagraves
Business Location
United States
That pump down not require an accumulator but just know without an accumulator and pressure switch, that pump doesn't turn off, it just bypasses internally at 45 psi. So yea, you should wire it to a switch or it will run till the cows come home

seagrtj

Jun 28, 2011
MO
Real Name
Todd Seagraves
Business Location
United States
No it didn't come with a fuse. I did buy another 14 gauge wire but it seems to be thinner. I'll try a 12. Would you go battery to the clips then to the fuse then to the switch then to the pump or the switch before the fuse?
Lose the clips, get proper wire connectors crimped on. Inline fuse on the hot wire.

Reactions: Sterling

lmullica

Dec 27, 2009
Johnston, Iowa
Real Name
Larry Mullica
Business Location
United States
Clips? You mean the ones in the picture? I would get rid of those or they might short out against something. Here's how I did mine.
Hot (red) wire from a "power on" terminal of the TM starter switch to the on/off switch. Red wire from the on/off switch to fuse. Another red wire from the fuse to the pump. Then a black wire from the pump to ground. Make sure the fuse is bigger than the amp draw of the pump.

Reactions: Sterling

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
I wouldn't be so sure about that no accumulator needed thing. I have that pump for quite a while now. It can indeed be set up with an accumulator tank. Last I checked Mytee had a lot of trouble with those if it's the variable speed like mine. They over heat and shut down. During summer weather I had to put a fan on mine to keep it cool so it doesn't shut down from thermal overload. I'm either eventually gonna change it out or try the accumulator tank. I know of no other way that might fix the problem other than keeping it cooled down during hot weather. Hopefully you won't have that problem, but just letting you know you might. If you can keep it far enough away from your TM perhaps it won't over heat.

It should have a 15 amp inline fuse btw.

seagrtj

Jun 28, 2011
MO
Real Name
Todd Seagraves
Business Location
United States
I wouldn't be so sure about that no accumulator needed thing. I have that pump for quite a while now. It can indeed be set up with an accumulator tank. Last I checked Mytee had a lot of trouble with those if it's the variable speed like mine. They over heat and shut down. During summer weather I had to put a fan on mine to keep it cool so it doesn't shut down from thermal overload. I'm either eventually gonna change it out or try the accumulator tank. I know of no other way that might fix the problem other than keeping it cooled down during hot weather. Hopefully you won't have that problem, but just letting you know you might. If you can keep it far enough away from your TM perhaps it won't over heat.

It should have a 15 amp inline fuse btw.
No, I agree with you. I'd rather see an accumulator on it, it just doesn't HAVE to have one because it will bypass internally rather than just trying to build pressure and burning up. I believe aquatec actually makes that pump for mytee.

Reactions: Wec

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
No, I agree with you. I'd rather see an accumulator on it, it just doesn't HAVE to have one because it will bypass internally rather than just trying to build pressure and burning up. I believe aquatec actually makes that pump for mytee.
Yes it is Aquatec. That's how I read about the accumulator tank. Mine has the variable speed, but it's still running most of the time I'm using the machine. It will slow down and sometimes turn itself off when the water demand is low on the TM. Rarely does it shut completely off though.I may try to mount an accumulator and see if it solves my over heating problem It first happened as the weather go hot last year.

Wec

Jul 31, 2012
Real Name
dustin denton
Same for me my mytee pump runs all most all the time very slowly and it heats up and shuts down I bought it when mytee first came out with them
The accumulator tank does help a little bit it makes the pump run shower with out it the pump turns on and off a lot and heats up faster
Probably going to get a 5 gal accumulator tank and just run the pump till it dies we paid over 200$ for it and I really want to get my money's worth out of it

Reactions: wandwizard