Need New Online Source of Leads

seattlebest

Feb 6, 2012
Washington
Real Name
Nathan Resick
Business Location
United States
So I was looking at Thumbtak but the reviews are not very positive overall and it looks like a lot of people sink a lot of money in and get no results.

I just wasted $3,000 on Yelp advertising (with money I got from a loan no less) and got no results so I really, really can't afford for my next attempt at advertising to fail again.

Things I am considering:

• Amazon Home Services
  • Google Adwords (with cheap deals advertised)
  • YP.com

Has anyone tried any of the above or another service they can recommend? Bonus points if you track your leads and can say for 100% that your leads are coming from a particular source

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Do you have a business Facebook page?

If not make one and do some Facebook advertising. You can pick the market you want to advertise to. It’s a lot cheaper than other options out there and if you do it right you will get good results

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
I know a guy , that has spent thousands on thumbtack with 2 jobs produced,, both one room cleans....

dfwpowerwash

Jan 23, 2019
Real Name
Tom Phillips
I would suggest Google Adwords for quick leads and ranking your website organically + your google business page for long term leads.

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
I would not invest in marketing, especially if you are needing to get a loan.

I am so sorry this is happening to you, I really hope things turn around for you. I will be praying for you!

As strange as it may sound, I do not advertise or invest in marketing with yelp or or marketing programs. Ive been scammed before and I have learned that its best to not pay. What I did do is buy my own paper and printing software and printed my own flyers, coupons.

You could try Vista print. They are one of the cheapest web search enhancers.

Rory henderson

Sep 22, 2015
Real Name
Rory henderson
Google..... I run my own campaigns right off my phone get the google my business app & ad words app I dont know what your budget is but google is where you want to be....

Reactions: AZHome&Carpet

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
revert your thinking away from "pay to play" advertising and also price based advertising.

Seattle is a huge market with countless homes in the 700k-1.5 million range, most of those customers arent interested in a cheap 3 room deal.

Rory henderson

Sep 22, 2015
Real Name
Rory henderson
I dont mind paying to play it take money to make money you can target those 700k-1.5 million range area's right from your phone that's what I do & love it i dont know about cheap 3 room deals

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
I dont mind paying to play it take money to make money you can target those 700k-1.5 million range area's right from your phone that's what I do & love it i dont know about cheap 3 room deals
not sure your market but in some markets like Seattle its very competitive and expensive, can be around $16-18 per click for the good keywords. You can burn 10 grand on google real fast lol still works but you gotta be careful.

Reactions: Rory henderson

PistolPete

Sep 28, 2014
Real Name
Peter Dymond
We have several print ad magazines here locally. Mint Magazine, Money Pages, Prestigious Living etc.
My current ad running costs $1300 a month but I get $8-10 K in sold business from it.
That keeps the fresh funnel filled, then with Google reviews, NextDoor app recommendations and FaceBook posts the word of mouth referrals start coming in.
Get a next-door biz profile, a YouTube channel linked to your website, solicit google reviews from every customer, get a FB page and post weekly.
My Google biz page is filtering to the top of searches because I now have 50 5* reviews.
I look forward to the day when word of mouth & referrals make advertising unnecessary.

lancestp

Sep 6, 2017
Real Name
Lance Jacobson
We are using facebook ads with an messenger bot that can book jobs. Dont throw money away if you dont know what you are doing on the marketing side. Let me know if you have any questions.

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Weird how what works in one area doesn’t work so well in others. Facebook has yielded me so little. But we live in a really small market. I’m still actively growing my network there but it takes time and not giving up.
Google Business Page has always yielded the best results.
Followed by Home Advisor. (Again however Home Advisor I think works only because of the very small market we’re in. I don’t think I’d ever do it in a large city)

lancestp

Sep 6, 2017
Real Name
Lance Jacobson
Weird how what works in one area doesn’t work so well in others. Facebook has yielded me so little. But we live in a really small market. I’m still actively growing my network there but it takes time and not giving up.
Google Business Page has always yielded the best results.
Followed by Home Advisor. (Again however Home Advisor I think works only because of the very small market we’re in. I don’t think I’d ever do it in a large city)
How many people live in you service area? How are you targeting those areas on facebook? Are you using facebook pixel?

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Frein
Business Location
United States
I think of it this way - in my market many people are becoming distrustful of the franchise companies. They have become accustomed to the bait and switch tactics.

Reactions: lancestp

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
There are countless guys with carpet cleaning equipment who just want to punch in credit card info and watch the jobs pour in.. sit back and wait for yelp or home advisor to take their business to the next level.

you gotta think outside the box and use marketing tactics that are different from every other carpet cleaner in your area.

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
If I’m spending that type of coin I’d rather march right into offices of people locally that can help me achieve my goals with incentives to try me out.