sabrpilot

Albert Clark
Aug 6, 2011
S.C.
Real Name
albert clark
Business Location
United States
I will be accepting my Mother's genorous offer this coming Wednesday and obtaining her Ext. Chevrolet Venture mini-van (silver in color.)

Anyway, I have a Namco S-2000 that is going through a lot of up-grades on both a performance and asthetics level. It is my goal to leave it staionary in the van every opportunity I get, cleaning with "average runs" of about 100'-125'....but, when in a pinch....be able to utilize the fact that it is "portable." All vital up-grades to insure that this can be accomplished with effective results have been taken into consideration. Below you will find my plans on how to set-up this van, should you notice a problem with any of it, please let me know.

*directly behind the front seats will be a front facing shelf/s-

*drivers side sliding door will have the electric generator (5500)-

*rear cargo door will have hose reel and machine-

*passenger sliding door will be propane heater-

*in the middle I would like to place (1) "tall" 35 gallon fresh water tank and (1) "tall" 35 gallon waste tank.

everything else will go in-between.

Thanks!;)

ac

*rear cargo door a 150'-200' vacuum hose reel and machine-

Last edited by a moderator:

sabrpilot

Albert Clark
Aug 6, 2011
S.C.
Real Name
albert clark
Business Location
United States
I will be accepting my Mother's genorous offer this coming Wednesday and obtaining her Ext. Chevrolet Venture mini-van (silver in color.)

Anyway, I have a Namco S-2000 that is going through a lot of up-grades on both a performance and asthetics level. It is my goal to leave it staionary in the van every opportunity I get, cleaning with "average runs" of about 100'-125'....but, when in a pinch....be able to utilize the fact that it is "portable." All vital up-grades to insure that this can be accomplished with effective results have been taken into consideration. Below you will find my plans on how to set-up this van, should you notice a problem with any of it, please let me know.

*directly behind the front seats will be a front facing shelf/s-

*drivers side sliding door will have the electric generator (5500)-

*rear cargo door will have hose reel and machine-

*passenger sliding door will be propane heater-

*in the middle I would like to place (1) "tall" 35 gallon fresh water tank and (1) "tall" 35 gallon waste tank.

everything else will go in-between.

Thanks!;)

ac

*rear cargo door a 150'-200' vacuum hose reel and machine-

I need my EDIT feature back, posted this early from my cell phone, the one with small buttons....a lot of corrections to make on this post!

HELP!

Thanbks!;)

ac

I would make a couple of additions to your present set-up AC.

Using 2 LMB2A vacs in parallel in that Namco machine is a good start, but not enough for a strong ETM set-up IMO. If you want your machine strong beyond 100 ft out you should add a couple more vacs to the setup like our Titan machine does. Since you will not have the room in the Namco to place them inside the shell, construct a booster box to place them in. You can use wood to keep costs down if you do not use aluminum which is what I use when I ran my unit. Using a 2" holesaw make 2 holes in the wall of the Namco closest to where the 2 horns on the LMB2A vacs have their exhaust. After that is done conect a 2" vac hose from the exhaust horn of each of your internal vac motors thru the hole in the wall of the Namco to the booster box. Connect to the intake horn of each booster motor.

Your machine will now be capable of 200" WL or 200 cfm airflow. Just like a Titan can do. This modification will only cost you about $400 including the 2 motors, building your booster box, and the small pieces to put it together, including dellivery to you.

You will have no problem cleaning out to 200 feet from your machine with this set-up.

Buy the 2 motors you need from Larry Cobb. He has the special high airwatt 2 stage motors you need. Each on draws a maximum of 6 amps or less in use. He can also sell you the hoses and other parts to put it together as well.

Do not be concerned that your generator has the power to run all this. It does. The total draw with everything running is under 4800 watts. Your 5500 watt generator can handle that. If I were running it though I would move up to at least a 6000 to 7000 watt capacity to not work it so hard. But you can always upgrade later when your cash flow is better with lots of jobs booked.

Well that is all you need to do to put together a strong running machine AC.

Good Luck.

BTW, for those that dont want to run a Generator bigger than 5000 watts, but still like the idea of building a powerful ETM like this so they too have the power to clean 200 ft away from their machine, there is an easy way to do it.

Since this booster you would be building only consumes a maximum of 12 amps in operation(under 1500 watts), you could power your primary vac motors(the 2 LMB2A vacs) by a smaller generator and use a single 12 guage power cord(Use 100 ft in length) to run to the house or building you are cleaning. It is always easy to find a plug for 1 cord, and is usually on the outside of the house or building. Takes only seconds to connect. That is the set-up I primarily ran with for most of the 15 years I ran the ETM. A strong system, including propane heater and Generator can easily be set-up for $5 K or less and allow you to earn over $100K/year in sales.

sabrpilot

Albert Clark
Aug 6, 2011
S.C.
Real Name
albert clark
Business Location
United States
I would make a couple of additions to your present set-up AC.

Using 2 LMB2A vacs in parallel in that Namco machine is a good start, but not enough for a strong ETM set-up IMO. If you want your machine strong beyond 100 ft out you should add a couple more vacs to the setup like our Titan machine does. Since you will not have the room in the Namco to place them inside the shell, construct a booster box to place them in. You can use wood to keep costs down if you do not use aluminum which is what I use when I ran my unit. Using a 2" holesaw make 2 holes in the wall of the Namco closest to where the 2 horns on the LMB2A vacs have their exhaust. After that is done conect a 2" vac hose from the exhaust horn of each of your internal vac motors thru the hole in the wall of the Namco to the booster box. Connect to the intake horn of each booster motor.

Your machine will now be capable of 200" WL or 200 cfm airflow. Just like a Titan can do. This modification will only cost you about $400 including the 2 motors, building your booster box, and the small pieces to put it together, including dellivery to you.

You will have no problem cleaning out to 200 feet from your machine with this set-up.

Buy the 2 motors you need from Larry Cobb. He has the special high airwatt 2 stage motors you need. Each on draws a maximum of 6 amps or less in use. He can also sell you the hoses and other parts to put it together as well.

Do not be concerned that your generator has the power to run all this. It does. The total draw with everything running is under 4800 watts. Your 5500 watt generator can handle that. If I were running it though I would move up to at least a 6000 to 7000 watt capacity to not work it so hard. But you can always upgrade later when your cash flow is better with lots of jobs booked.

Well that is all you need to do to put together a strong running machine AC.

Good Luck.

Wow, great stuff Ken!

My main reason for the generator was for those "just-in-case" moments, i.e. just in case there's no electricity at the job-site or that rare moment that could occur when a customer says...."you aren't using my electricity!" Also, most of the homes/businesses here do have exterior gfi outlets....

I understand what you mean about using one (a generator) with more power so as not to wear out one with less power because it's working harder.

I will keep my eyes out for a "clean" used one with more power.

I don't quite catch your meaning on this: "Since this booster you would be building only consumes a maximum of 12 amps in operation(under 1500 watts), you could power your primary vac motors(the 2 LMB2A vacs) by a smaller generator and use a single 12 guage power cord(Use 100 ft in length) to run to the house or building you are cleaning. It is always easy to find a plug for 1 cord, and is usually on the outside of the house or building. Takes only seconds to connect."????

Also, should the other (2) be set-up in a parallel or series configuration?, I would say series, right "best of both world" like the Titan???? "Your machine will now be capable of 200" WL or 200 cfm airflow." Why you say "or"? How do I set up the extra (2) LMB2A motors and what do you guestimate my numbers will be (WL/CFMs)?

As always, Thanks for the awesome advice Ken!

ac

I say or because with centrafugal motors you can't get both at the same time. Only one or the other at a time.

The booster only needs I cord to power from the house outlet. my average time to connect mine when I did it was under 30 seconds.

The combo I eventually went with in my last 5 years was 2 cords to the house for the primary motors(3 stage) and a small 2000 watt generator to power the 2 on the booster. That used very little gas to run. Under 1/4 gallon per hour in use.

ALWAYS run your first 2 motors in parallel, NOT SERIES. You need higher cfm to carry the water thru the 100+ ft of 2" vac hose. But the lift of those is not optimal beyond 100 ft IMO. So the next 2 vacs need to be in series right behind the primary vac motors. That is what allows your maximum lift rise from 148"WL to 200"WL. You will also have 200 cfm, but realize you only see that under no load conditions.

One last thing. The secondary booster vacs have to be the energy efficient 2 stage vacs Larry sells. Regular ones dont have enough power and draw too much amps. 3 stages should only be used on the booster if you are running 100% with a bigger generator than what you have. Too much draw for 1 cord to handle to the house.

sabrpilot

Albert Clark
Aug 6, 2011
S.C.
Real Name
albert clark
Business Location
United States
I say or because with centrafugal motors you can't get both at the same time. Only one or the other at a time.

The booster only needs I cord to power from the house outlet. my average time to connect mine when I did it was under 30 seconds.

The combo I eventually went with in my last 5 years was 2 cords to the house for the primary motors(3 stage) and a small 2000 watt generator to power the 2 on the booster. That used very little gas to run. Under 1/4 gallon per hour in use.

ALWAYS run your first 2 motors in parallel, NOT SERIES. You need higher cfm to carry the water thru the 100+ ft of 2" vac hose. But the lift of those is not optimal beyond 100 ft IMO. So the next 2 vacs need to be in series right behind the primary vac motors. That is what allows your maximum lift rise from 148"WL to 200"WL. You will also have 200 cfm, but realize you only see that under no load conditions.

One last thing. The secondary booster vacs have to be the energy efficient 2 stage vacs Larry sells. Regular ones dont have enough power and draw too much amps. 3 stages should only be used on the booster if you are running 100% with a bigger generator than what you have. Too much draw for 1 cord to handle to the house.

Gotcha!;)

Thanks again Ken!:)

ac

Maybe Ken has some videos of his set up . And I use a 3 stage vac Booster and it is not too much for the house.(couple 3 stages plus outside,on generator or house if its empty) Purchase an proven Ametek Lamb Motor for one of the many distributors.

Jim;

I did not say a 3 stage booster was too much for the house. I said a DUAL 3 stage booster would be too much to plug into the outside circuit on most houses. That draws 20 amps. Much more than the 12 amp draw of the DUAL 2 stage set-up that is easily run on a normal 15 amp circuit.

sabrpilot

Albert Clark
Aug 6, 2011
S.C.
Real Name
albert clark
Business Location
United States
Wow, great stuff Ken!

My main reason for the generator was for those "just-in-case" moments, i.e. just in case there's no electricity at the job-site or that rare moment that could occur when a customer says...."you aren't using my electricity!" Also, most of the homes/businesses here do have exterior gfi outlets....

CHECK THIS OUT!

Electric Truckmount.m4v

Just type that into you-tube search bar or "click" on it, I find it to be pretty cool set-up!;)

Thanks!;)

ac

I understand what you mean about using one (a generator) with more power so as not to wear out one with less power because it's working harder.

I will keep my eyes out for a "clean" used one with more power.

I don't quite catch your meaning on this: "Since this booster you would be building only consumes a maximum of 12 amps in operation(under 1500 watts), you could power your primary vac motors(the 2 LMB2A vacs) by a smaller generator and use a single 12 guage power cord(Use 100 ft in length) to run to the house or building you are cleaning. It is always easy to find a plug for 1 cord, and is usually on the outside of the house or building. Takes only seconds to connect."????

Also, should the other (2) be set-up in a parallel or series configuration?, I would say series, right "best of both world" like the Titan???? "Your machine will now be capable of 200" WL or 200 cfm airflow." Why you say "or"? How do I set up the extra (2) LMB2A motors and what do you guestimate my numbers will be (WL/CFMs)?

As always, Thanks for the awesome advice Ken!

ac

CHECK THIS OUT!

Electric Truckmount.m4v

Just type that into you-tube search bar or "click" on it, I find it to be pretty cool set-up!;)

Thanks!;)

ac

sabrpilot

Albert Clark
Aug 6, 2011
S.C.
Real Name
albert clark
Business Location
United States
Just build the set-up I suggested AC and these other distractions will seem so outdated to you.

Ken, I will do these suggestions you made with the exception of the wood fabrication....granted I do understanding the cost effectiveness and appreciate your sensitivity to finances at this time....I will try and findan aluminum box that will accommodate this set-up so that it matches the Namco body and stuff like that.

Thanks Again!

ac

I am interested in that General pump though....800 psi or the one that Jaime mentions Master Blend possibly uses that is small in build.

sabrpilot

Albert Clark
Aug 6, 2011
S.C.
Real Name
albert clark
Business Location
United States
Ricky, after cruising you-tube just now, I did see some vacuum hose reels that are not as wide as others....in fact, from the looks of this one, height should be our only issue at this point, until we learn more from nick n. or chris s.

Thanks!;)

ac

p.s. Ricky, is your Ext. Montana Van also rated for 1612 pay-load? Asking because I am going to have a fresh water tank! (I'm assuming that they take the (2) heavy rear seats into consideration when calculating this 1612 pay-load figure, these seat are obviously being removed so....I will to calculate the removal of them.

Once all of the most important items have been installed/added to the Van. I will calculate the max weight that I have left over which will ultimately determine the size of this tank....I have available to me a variety of plastic drums, all white in color and they are anywhere from 20 gallons up to 55 gallons. They are all tall in construction (barrels), have lids on them with a pre-cut hole at the top for access to the original product that was in them. My plan is to add a QD or hose bib at the bottom of the tank, so it will have a little gravity behind the pump.

Last edited by a moderator:

sabrpilot

Albert Clark
Aug 6, 2011
S.C.
Real Name
albert clark
Business Location
United States
Ac;

May I suggest you go with one of these 40 gallon tanks from Cross-American?

For the $340.00 they cost they will be a good fit for your van and look much more professional and be more functional than a 55 gallon barrel.

Cross-American Corporation Carpet Cleaning Equipment & Chemicals |

Hey Ken,

Thanks for the suggestion!

I will not be using a 55 gallon barrel, I should not have even stated a number so high....from the looks of these tanks your recommending, and they look very nice I might add, I think they will take up to much floor space, that is why I want something tall with a smaller foot-print. The tanks/drums/barrels I speak of are the same color plastic as the CA ones and are very clean and neat looking....I'll send you a picture of one next week.

Thanks again though!;)

ac

p.s. available pay-load after installing all of the vital equipment will determine the final size of the fresh water tank....possibly a waste tank.