Need help with listings

Discussion in 'Local Internet Marketing SEO' started by Tulip Cleaning League City, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Tulip Cleaning League City

Jan 11, 2017
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi guys,

New to the forum, and very happy to be here. There is a lot of useful information on here, so i'm really happy to find out about this forum now.

I am learning about local listings, but can't find the time to do it properly. Do you know of any services that can do it for you? I heard about Yext (I think) but they were too expensive. Do you have any other ideas for first steps in the SEO world?

Thanks!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Whole House Carpet Cleaning

May 21, 2016
    Male
    Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    Yes, yext is good, but the most expensive! Other cheaper alternatives are Bright Local, Manta and sometimes your hosting provider may offer the service. If you're on a real budget, you can do it yourself if you know what you're doing. Just make sure everything is consistent, it's a beast to try and change later. But you really don't want to worry about citations until you're ranking on at least the second page of Google. There are too many things you can screw up along the way, so you would rank high organically, but your map placement will suffer.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. the rugman

the rugman Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2006
    Male
    CLEANING FOOL!
    Warwick, NY
    Ratings:
    +1,548 / 2 / -0
    The most anybody has near you is 55 citations - get more. Here is a hint - try and get local citations if you can - they hold lots of weight. Like the BBB for ex.
    Fix you schema - your missing the image and price range field. Not sure how big that is but the big G is looking for it now!
    2 H1 tags on your home page - change one to an H2. The second one is on your schema - might be hard to fix if you can't edit code:
    <div itemscope itemtype="http://schema.org/LocalBusiness">
    <h1><span itemprop="name">Tulip Cleaning Services</span></h1>
    Same issue on your inner pages.
    Small fixes but they add up.
    Looks good on mobile.
    Get your social property links on th esite

• Winner Winner x 1