Need Help With Butler Van Not Turning On.

iluvcarpet2

Jan 4, 2009
idaho
Real Name
matt mitchell
Business Location
United States
I had to open my mouth to my wife about how lucky we have been with no real issues without butler in the last 5 years and sure enough our van stopped working right in the middle of a big job. When you would turn the blower switch on nothing would happen but if you let the van sit for about 5 to 15 min it would turn back on. It ran for about 30 min then it shut off again. Check to make sure filter clean, waste tank not full, everything connected, no bad fuses and so on. We let it sit for about 20 min and it started again. It ran for about 1.5 hrs and then shut off again. We where able to finish job even after van turning on and off 5 times. Does anyone know what it could be and I am also mad because I called butler a hour and half before they closed and the phone was busy but right at 5;01 their phone went to we are now closed for the day. Come on butler what a bunch of bs. Thanks for the help!

Kipp

Smart Ass Of The Year!
Premium VIP
Apr 13, 2011
Real Name
Kipp
This is just a wild guess and I probably have not business posting on this (see my disclaimer) but it sounds like a sensor is getting hot loosing contact (expanding) and your machine shuts down....it cools off and regains contact (contracting) and it works again...

Dutch

Mar 2, 2012
Real Name
Brad Gehman
Business Location
United States
We have a Chevy van with a Hydramaster that does the same sort of thing at times. Random. Thought it was the float sensor that shuts the machine down when full, but that wasn't it. Happens much less when we run the van with the hood up to allow more heat to escape, or so it seems.

shane deubell

Premium VIP
May 8, 2006
Real Name
Business Location
United States
Start Here Tomorrow
The recovery tank auto shut off would be my first guess, mine is always taken off/bypassed. We rinse waste tank out everyday pretty good and somehow screw that thing up or stuff becomes stuck in there.

Then order a new button if that doesnt work
But those buttons go sometimes also

iluvcarpet2

Jan 4, 2009
idaho
Real Name
matt mitchell
Business Location
United States
We have a Chevy van with a Hydramaster that does the same sort of thing at times. Random. Thought it was the float sensor that shuts the machine down when full, but that wasn't it. Happens much less when we run the van with the hood up to allow more heat to escape, or so it seems.

I tried that with the hood open but no luck.

iluvcarpet2

Jan 4, 2009
idaho
Real Name
matt mitchell
Business Location
United States
This is just a wild guess and I probably have not business posting on this (see my disclaimer) but it sounds like a sensor is getting hot loosing contact (expanding) and your machine shuts down....it cools off and regains contact (contracting) and it works again...

I was thinking that but there are a ton of wires all over the van. I tried to move all the wires around with not luck.

shane deubell

Premium VIP
May 8, 2006
Real Name
Business Location
United States
I check to make sure the tank float was not stuck but it was fine. I think I have a new switch at home I will have to check but will the butler system just stop if the switch is bad? thanks

Still want to bypass the float completely, only way to problem solve that one.

This is exactly what happens when a switch goes

Scared the crap out of me when it has happened, thinking it was some big time issue.

iluvcarpet2

Jan 4, 2009
idaho
Real Name
matt mitchell
Business Location
United States
Still want to bypass the float completely, only way to problem solve that one.

This is exactly what happens when a switch goes

Scared the crap out of me when it has happened, thinking it was some big time issue.

I thought I had a extra switch but now luck. When I push the switch the light is red not green. Does that mean anything? Can I bypass the switch to see if that it? thanks

shane deubell

Premium VIP
May 8, 2006
Real Name
Business Location
United States
I thought I had a extra switch but now luck. When I push the switch the light is red not green. Does that mean anything? Can I bypass the switch to see if that it? thanks

Yes but you have to call tech support, i dont want to say something that is wrong.
but you definitely can.

iluvcarpet2

Jan 4, 2009
idaho
Real Name
matt mitchell
Business Location
United States
Yes but you have to call tech support, i dont want to say something that is wrong.
but you definitely can.

THIS IS WHY I LOVE THIS SITE. SHANE IT WAS THE FLOAT I SWITCH THE SWITCH NO LUCK BUT I BYPASSED THE FLOAT AND IT WORKED. It feels so good when something works again I had to turn the machine on 10 times to believe it. I appriciate all the feedback and helping me fix my machine I really appriciate it very much. thanks

shane deubell

Premium VIP
May 8, 2006
Real Name
Business Location
United States
THIS IS WHY I LOVE THIS SITE. SHANE IT WAS THE FLOAT I SWITCH THE SWITCH NO LUCK BUT I BYPASSED THE FLOAT AND IT WORKED. It feels so good when something works again I had to turn the machine on 10 times to believe it. I appriciate all the feedback and helping me fix my machine I really appriciate it very much. thanks

See i am not as dumb as i look. Mine is always bypassed, have no idea why.

2clean

Jan 14, 2010
Kentucky
Real Name
Ed Coons
Business Location
United States
Feel free to call me anytime after hours for help. We have been running Butlers for years.

Mark Saiger
www.saigers.com
218-326-4736
218-259-9099 cell

That is very nice.

That is why I love TMF so much- good people helping each other.

Glad Shane was able to help you solve your problem.

iluvcarpet2

Jan 4, 2009
idaho
Real Name
matt mitchell
Business Location
United States
That is very nice.

That is why I love TMF so much- good people helping each other.

Glad Shane was able to help you solve your problem.

THis website has helped out a lot of people even the ones that think they know everything. Haha Now I can finish my job I had to cancel and the ironic thing is butler didn't help me they left me hanging. I wish the had a distributor in cal so I didn;t have to wait so long to get parts or speak to someone that is 2 hrs earlier then me.