Joe Kennedy

Staff member
Dec 11, 2011
Arizona
Real Name
Joe K
Business Location
United States
Need help with this quote please what would you charge a month?

Medical building consisting of the following rooms, Overall SqFT 4200
2- Surgical procedure rooms
3- Offices
1- Conference room
4- Bathrooms One with a shower
1- Break room w/ Kitchen
1- Nurses Station
1- Main waiting room
1- Smaller waiting room
1- Receptionist area
6- exam rooms
approx. 35 trashcans

They want full janitorial service befitting a medical building.
3 Trips a week MON-WED-FRI each trip lasting approx. 3-3.5 Hours
2 Man crew

Joe Kennedy

Staff member
Dec 11, 2011
Arizona
Real Name
Joe K
Business Location
United States
The previous cleaner, A single older lady charged them 1k a month they where not happy as she couldn't keep up. They are a heavy volume facility where people actually sit outside and on the floor because the waiting rooms are overfilled. They are looking towards bigger building but have to cope with this one for now.

Joe Kennedy

Staff member
Dec 11, 2011
Arizona
Real Name
Joe K
Business Location
United States
After my figuring 1800 a month is where im at am I out of line?

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
I was also thinking probably around $1000 a month but this is an area that I have no experience in so I don't know what I am talking abut. MAybe @cleaningservicepros or @shane deubell could give some input here.

Reactions: Joe Kennedy

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Second thought $1000 a month is way too low. I just noticed the 2 man crew part so you will be spending 80 man hours a month on this. what do you pay your help? If even only $10 an hour that's $800 a month in labor alone. I would think you would need to be closer to the $3000 a month mark.

Joe Kennedy

Staff member
Dec 11, 2011
Arizona
Real Name
Joe K
Business Location
United States
Thanks for the reply Todd

They supply all the paper goods.

Also count in doing the carpets approx. 500 SQ foot quarterly

We also mop all vct everytrip as well as vacuuming every inch of the facility with a hepa backpack. They have a serious lint and hair problem! tumbleweeds of dust and hair roaming the halls lol

10 a hour is also right on the mark

Jerry etheridge

Dec 1, 2008
cal
Real Name
jerry etheridge
have a building some what like that takes 2 people 1 1/2 to 2 hour getting $1900 pulse all carpet and floor extra i would say min $2520

Joe Kennedy

Staff member
Dec 11, 2011
Arizona
Real Name
Joe K
Business Location
United States
Wow A lot higher than what I expected! That's why I consult the TMF Wizards..lol

Harry Mullett

Premium VIP
Dec 29, 2009
Idaho
Real Name
John Bunn
Business Location
United States
How did they find you? If they were referred I would go on the higher end.

Also figure in a pain-in-the-butt price. I did a lot of medical offices when I started and some of the nurses & office managers will nit-pick you to death.

Reactions: Joe Kennedy

shane deubell

Premium VIP
May 8, 2006
Real Name
Business Location
United States
Shane may I ask how you come up with your quote?

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums mobile app
18 hours week x $18-$20 an hour.

6 hours cleaning 4200 sqr ft is super slow but if they are willing to pay it.

Reactions: cleaningservicepros

cleaningservicepros

Pssst....I'm a dirt swirler
Jan 18, 2010
Real Name
Damon
Business Location
United States
Random questions:

They're paying for paper products, good. Will they be supplying chems as well?

How many stalls in each bathroom? How many of the bathrooms are open to the public?

You said there is a lot of dust. Do they have interior blinds or shades? This could be a problem if they are wood blinds or similar.

Is there a lot of interior glass? What about the interior windows?

What are the billing terms? Contract?

Shane is spot on with the pricing, imo. Once you're in there and doing it for a while you'll get faster and faster.

Good luck with it!

cleaningservicepros

Pssst....I'm a dirt swirler
Jan 18, 2010
Real Name
Damon
Business Location
United States
Also, is that a server rack in the background of your avatar?

shane deubell

Premium VIP
May 8, 2006
Real Name
Business Location
United States

CoastalCleaning

Apr 15, 2009
Corpus Christi
Real Name
Ryan
Business Location
United States
have a building some what like that takes 2 people 1 1/2 to 2 hour getting $1900 pulse all carpet and floor extra i would say min $2520
This is a lot more realistic and closer to where I think we'd be.

For starters I think you'd be crazy to go anywhere less than 2k a month. For one very big reason. This customer has already set a precedent when they stated that weren't happy with a single individual charging 1k a month. The job requires a minimum of 2 people. You have been given the obvious go ahead right up front to price accordingly. When a potential customer opens their mouth use their words to formulate a pitch, if needed. People rarely disagree with themselves. You gotta pick up on these little seeds.

Now look at just your labor cost alone.

3.5 hours a day X 2 employees = 7 hours a day X 3 days a week = 21 hours a week X 52 weeks a year = 1092 hours a year.

1092 hours X 12.00 an hour which is the very bare minimum I would consider paying someone and hope that I don't end up with a massive turnover rate. (we start at 14 an hour)...and I'm in a small market.

1092 X 12.00 = 13,104 / 12 months = 1,092 dollars a month in just labor alone.

After the basics expenses involved in running a 3 day a week account, plus your labor, how are you making any money pricing this job at 1,400 - 1,700 dollars a month?

At least at 2k you have a few hundred dollars left on the bone. 2,300-2,500 is much more realistic.

You have got to learn to create a differentiation between what you're doing and what a single individual is offering / or other second rate janitorial companies. Which is about 90% of them. Stop competing with some BS market value created by those who have failed before you. What you're giving them is way better and much more organized and professional service.

I can't count the number of times I've told a customer (in a nice way) "Which would you prefer? A company that runs out a few minimum wage employees who are barely getting by and rushing to finish the job to get home. Or a well paid employee who makes a living wage and values their job. I think we both know who's going to give you the better experience".

Reactions: rico and Beeks