Need help please | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Need help please

Bradley G..

Jul 31, 2015
Real Name
Bradley Gurecki
I have a 02 white magic pro 1200 direct drive , I just got a brand new rebuilt engine in the truck and I tried to do a job today but the Pto only revs the engine at 1000 rps instead of 1450. Can anyone help me on what the problem could be. Thank you kindly.

JDARNOLD

Jul 31, 2012
Real Name
Edward Arnold
Business Location
United States
If you're 02 uses the vacuum pods to pull the throttle up and you just had the engine worked on one of the vac lines may have came off. Some are mounted under the dash above the gas pedal, otherwise there under the hood. There's usually 2 of them side by side.

Bradley G..

Jul 31, 2015
Real Name
Bradley Gurecki
Thank you kindly , I will ask the mechanic to check on them again and tell him what you told me. he swears he connected everything back up the way it was on the old engine but I think you are right and it definitely seems like a vacuum line problem. I very much appreciate your help. What are the vacuum lines connected too so I can explain in more detail so it's easier for him to find them. He never changed a engine on a PTO Truck mount machine before so it's a first for him . thank you kindly and your help is much appreciated.

Bradley G..

Jul 31, 2015
Real Name
Bradley Gurecki
I'm brand new to truck mount forms so I'm trying to give you a thumbs up to improve your rating but don't know how.

JDARNOLD

Jul 31, 2012
Real Name
Edward Arnold
Business Location
United States
The pods pull vac off the engine and a lot of times one will get it's vacuum from the blower itself. When they have a vac load the engine will pull one up then when the blower starts to pull vac on the other pod it pulls the rpm up the rest of the way. If the lines are connected have the mech start the unit pull the line off the back of one pod listen to the engine rpm's if it changes plug it back up then do the same to the other one if either one does not change the rpm's check and see if the line has vacuum if it does the pod may be bad. If he can try switch the vac lines to test it.

Reactions: Bradley G..

JDARNOLD

Jul 31, 2012
Real Name
Edward Arnold
Business Location
United States
The pods pull vac off the engine and a lot of times one will get it's vacuum from the blower itself. When they have a vac load the engine will pull one up then when the blower starts to pull vac on the other pod it pulls the rpm up the rest of the way. If the lines are connected have the mech start the unit pull the line off the back of one pod listen to the engine rpm's if it changes plug it back up then do the same to the other one if either one does not change the rpm's check and see if the line has vacuum if it does the pod may be bad. If he can try switch the vac lines to test it.

Reactions: Johnny Bravo

Nomad74

www.apcarpetcleaners.com
Premium VIP
Apr 26, 2013
Redding, Ca
Real Name
Damon
Business Location
United States
Start with changing/replacing your fuel filter and air filter. You would be surprised at what issues a clogged filter can cause.

EDIT: Oh, I just saw it is a PTO, sorry... Just trying to help out. Hope you get it working soon.

Reactions: admin

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
I'm brand new to truck mount forms so I'm trying to give you a thumbs up to improve your rating but don't know how.

To give him a thumbs up, just go the the bottom right of his post and click on the thumbs up icon.

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
Start with changing/replacing your fuel filter and air filter. You would be surprised at what issues a clogged filter can cause.

EDIT: Oh, I just saw it is a PTO, sorry... Just trying to help out. Hope you get it working soon.

YEp, PTO people only no sliders please. ;)

Reactions: Nomad74 and Kipp

Bradley G..

Jul 31, 2015
Real Name
Bradley Gurecki
Thank you very much, I will explain it like that to him and I will update you with the success. The engine light came on the new engine too so I'm definitely thinking that it's a vacuum line somewhere. So we will connect it to a code reader and see what it reads. Thank you kindly for the help.

Bradley G..

Jul 31, 2015
Real Name
Bradley Gurecki
Thank you for the help, when I ordered the new engine it came with all filters, air and fuel, engine, belts, sparks plugs and wires, etc and much more.. only thing that sucks about direct drives is its cheaper to fix the truck and get a new engine then to take the machine out and put it In a different truck because the PTO wouldn't match up to a engine more then a couple years different that what it was originally connected too and i wouldve had to buy a $6000 conversation kit plus rip out and reinstalling the machine in a new tuck but i feel the direct drives are better for colder climates like buffalo because in the winter season you can close the doors and leave the heat on in the truck to keep everything warm. I appreciate your comments and help thank you..