Need Help. My Turbo Hybrid hard surface cleaner is not spinning

Jul 12, 2018
Real Name
Cash
Aloha.

I have a turbo hybrid hard surface cleaner and the swivel stopped spinning mid way through a job.

I ordered a replacement swivel part because when I took my old one off it seemed a bit stiff so I figured that was the problem. Well after spending $190 for the replacement swivel I turned the new swivel and it seems as stiff as the old one.

Anyways I installed the new swivel and same issue. Not spinning.

I cleaned out the jets and they seem good? Not sure what else the problem would be??

Solution is shooting strong out of jets but no spinning.

Feel free to text if you have any helpful suggestions. Thanks from Kauai, Hawaii

808-634-3399

Attachments

• E76BD9E5-A244-4F0D-976B-734A82367F5F.jpeg
    E76BD9E5-A244-4F0D-976B-734A82367F5F.jpeg
    150.2 KB · Views: 10

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
Aloha.

I have a turbo hybrid hard surface cleaner and the swivel stopped spinning mid way through a job.

I ordered a replacement swivel part because when I took my old one off it seemed a bit stiff so I figured that was the problem. Well after spending $190 for the replacement swivel I turned the new swivel and it seems as stiff as the old one.

Anyways I installed the new swivel and same issue. Not spinning.

I cleaned out the jets and they seem good? Not sure what else the problem would be??

Solution is shooting strong out of jets but no spinning.

Feel free to text if you have any helpful suggestions. Thanks from Kauai, Hawaii

808-634-3399
I had the exact same issue not long ago and you won't believe what caused it. I also put a brand new swivel on and knew for certain nothing was wrong with it. I also checked the inline filter screen in the handle and it was perfectly clear. I remembered having issues before where a quick connect prevented the water from coming through before, but it hasn't happened in years. I went ahead and swapped out the male quick connect on my spinner and it fixed it. I think I may start with that if it happens again because it caused me considerable trouble. I really don't know what went on inside the quick connect, but it was locked shut inside like it was in a vice and virtually no water could get through it. Perhaps this male quick connect was defective I really don't know.

If you've already put on a new swivel and checked your inline filter then I'd put a new quick connect on. Btw, I began my inspection with removing the jets to see if water was coming through and it wasn't. Then the inline filter. The quick connect was a last resort. If you check everything and replace the quick connect I suppose the high pressure spray handle valve on the tool could also cause a problem. They generally just won't shut off when they go bad though so I doubt if that's the problem.

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2018
Real Name
Cash
I had the exact same issue not long ago and you won't believe what caused it. I also put a brand new swivel on and knew for certain nothing was wrong with it. I also checked the inline filter screen in the handle and it was perfectly clear. I remembered having issues before where a quick connect prevented the water from coming through before, but it hasn't happened in years. I went ahead and swapped out the male quick connect on my spinner and it fixed it. I think I may start with that if it happens again because it caused me considerable trouble. I really don't know what went on inside the quick connect, but it was locked shut inside like it was in a vice and virtually no water could get through it. Perhaps this male quick connect was defective I really don't know.

If you've already put on a new swivel and checked your inline filter then I'd put a new quick connect on. Btw, I began my inspection with removing the jets to see if water was coming through and it wasn't. Then the inline filter. The quick connect was a last resort. If you check everything and replace the quick connect I suppose the high pressure spray handle valve on the tool could also cause a problem. They generally just won't shut off when they go bad though so I doubt if that's the problem.
Thanks for your feedback. I figured out my issue! Somehow the jets were moved to the straight position and without the jets being at an angle they won’t spin the swivel. Such an easy fix. Too bad I already bought a $190 replacement swivel. Well I will return the new swivel and pay the restocking fee.

Lesson learned. Make sure your jets have an angle

Reactions: wandwizard