NEED HELP! How do you use Hydro-Force Revolution Sprayer

Edsoto28

Jan 26, 2011
Tx
Real Name
Eddie
Business Location
United States
I just purchased a hyrdo-force revolution sprayer with no instructions and have no idea how to dilute the chemical or how to use it. Do you add concentrate chem in to the 5 quart container or do you mix with water? and how do you set the chem meter on the side??

I was told by Jon Don to add 1-2 quart of chem and the rest with water. But when i called hydroforce they told me to add concentrated with no water.:confused:

Thanks For Your Help!

Tron

Aug 3, 2010
Business Location
United States
Lol, don't tempt me.

To say no water is strange...

Every chem had a different dilution ratio.

So you have to do the math.

I don't use the revolution because I'm Leary of it breaking and throwing off my dilution.

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
You can get any dilution you are likely to need just by adjusting the dial on the Revolution. It goes from 1:4 to 1:64.

The standard procedure is to put no water in the jug. Just pour in your concentrate and adjust the arrow on the dial to point to whatever dilution rate you want.

If a product is thick, some choose to predilute to make it flow easier. So, if a thick product called for 1:32 on the label, you could put 1 qt in the qt with 4 qts of water. Thereby you have it only 1/4 the normal strength. Then set the dial at 1:8 instead of 1:32. The final result is 1:32. But seldom is all that work and inconvenience necessary.

The whole point of the Revolution is convenience. Just set the dial to whatever dilution you want.

For anyone who has a Revolution but no instructions, email me scottw[MENTION=9622]bri[/MENTION]dgewatercorp.net and I will send you an instruction book / owner's manual.

Decker

Jan 3, 2011
TX
deckerscarpetcleaning.com
Real Name
Mike Decker
Business Location
United States
I picked one up on the cheap on e-bay a few months back. It works pretty well. You do have to check your metering for accuracy once in a while. Re-calibrating is easy once you know how to do it.

I put in straight undiluted prespray and run 1:32, when I hit a nasty area like in front of the couch or by the kitchen entry, I crank it to 1:24 or 1:16 or so.

I have a few jugs and switch out. UPT in one, Tile Cleaner in one. All undiluted and most get a different ratio.

Most directions say 1:8, but that is diluted already at 1(chem):4 (water).

I keep an empty jug in case I feel I want to mix up a special batch with enzymes or a booster or something.

Decker

Jan 3, 2011
TX
deckerscarpetcleaning.com
Real Name
Mike Decker
Business Location
United States
I don't use the revolution because I'm Leary of it breaking and throwing off my dilution.

It can happen. Blasted through almost a gallon of traffic slam on a job before I learned how to re-calibrate. (better believe I learned how to re-calibrate that same day!)

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
There is some information on it at Hydroforce web site. However the information is incomplete. I personally would never use a thicker type of prespray in the Hydroforce w/o diluting it. I can almost guarantee that will cause problems like clogging either the check valve or the metering valve up as well as throwing off your dilution ratio. Almost all major presrpays have directions on them for use in the Hydroforce. Thicker presprays like Grand Slam, Preload, and Ultrapac really should be diltuted according to directions and set the meter for 1:8. The idea behind the Revolution is that it will allow you to quickly change ratios when switching out different products like presprays, deodorizers, and protectors which all may need a different ratio. It also allows you to spray extra heavy soiled areas with a heavier dilution and then turn it right back down for the lighter soil. Here is where to get the sketchy product manual and incomplete product video as well as links to partial repair videos.

link not valid

Last edited by a moderator:

pgcleaner

Nov 4, 2020
Real Name
Matthew Olive
You can get any dilution you are likely to need just by adjusting the dial on the Revolution. It goes from 1:4 to 1:64.

The standard procedure is to put no water in the jug. Just pour in your concentrate and adjust the arrow on the dial to point to whatever dilution rate you want.

If a product is thick, some choose to predilute to make it flow easier. So, if a thick product called for 1:32 on the label, you could put 1 qt in the qt with 4 qts of water. Thereby you have it only 1/4 the normal strength. Then set the dial at 1:8 instead of 1:32. The final result is 1:32. But seldom is all that work and inconvenience necessary.

The whole point of the Revolution is convenience. Just set the dial to whatever dilution you want.

For anyone who has a Revolution but no instructions, email me scottw[MENTION=9622]bri[/MENTION]dgewatercorp.net and I will send you an instruction book / owner's manual.
Most chemicals I use are 4 oz per gallon, but they are rather thick. Can I really just pour the concrete into the jug and meter at 1:32?

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
Most chemicals I use are 4 oz per gallon, but they are rather thick. Can I really just pour the concrete into the jug and meter at 1:32?
No you can't do that as I mentioned above. Basically any chem that is about the viscosity of water can be metered through the Hydroforce. If it's thicker than water you will not get accurate metering or it may not draw it at all. I suggest following the label on whatever chem you're using and in most cases that will work fine.

Reactions: rob allen

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Not a fan of the revolution but I do use and enjoy the standard.