Need help for this one

Discussion in 'General Carpet Cleaning & Upholstery Discussion' started by dave40, Sep 12, 2017.

CONNECTING CLEANERS WORLDWIDE

1. dave40

dave40 Member

Dec 28, 2010
    canada
    Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    Hey guys need help for this one 43% polyester 40% cotton 9% rayon 4% acrylic 1% wool what's the procedure I can get my hands on prochem products. Tanks [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. SRD

SRD Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2010
    Male
    carpet cleaner/restoration
    midwest
    Ratings:
    +1,337 / 2 / -0
    #2 SRD, Sep 12, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
    1st what would a manufacturer make that?.....2nd why the fudge would someone buy it?

In all seriousness need to take the material that you could most easily damaged and clean it like the whole rug is made of that. Just my 2 pennies

• Like Like x 2
  3. Mama Fen

Mama Fen Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2012
    Female
    Supply/distribution
    North Carolina
    Ratings:
    +2,490 / 0 / -0
    Ahhh, our lovely friend viscose... the sausage of the fiber world. Throw everything in there, spin it out nice and soft, and charge a boodle for it! I hate this stuff.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Scott W

Scott W Preferred Vendor
    Premium VIP

Feb 14, 2006
    Technical support Bridgepoint
    West Jordan, UT
    Ratings:
    +10,239 / 11 / -1
    The cotton and rayon will make this very absorbent. The rayon (viscose) is not enough to create huge problems because it is balanced by the polyester.

Be gentle with agitation. Expect very slow drying.

A pit wash is the desirable way to clean this. A Brush Pro with soft brushes is a less aggressive and safer way to clean. You can also clean it as though it was upholstery. Use one of the upholstery tool that flushes well. Do several extra dry passes if needed.

Any of the Prochem or Bridgepoint upholstery presprays would work if being cleaned as upholstery.

Wool Perfect is being cleaned in a pit.

Encapuclean O2 for use with the Brush Pro.

If you continue to get this pricey designer rugs, you would appreciate a hands-on rug class. Two chances coming up soon. Washington DC and Orlando FL. Orlando in November would be pretty inviting to our Canadian friends.

• Like Like x 1
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Pinosan

Premium VIP

Nov 22, 2011
    Male
    Owner/operator Carpet cleaning Tech
    California
    Ratings:
    +8,023 / 42 / -0
    burn it, they will not be happy with the results. Let them know the rug has uglied out on the traffic lanes and those will always be visible and give the impression of poor cleaning no matter what you do. It's a characteristic of those things.

• Like Like x 3
  6. longkenn

longkenn Well-Known Member

May 7, 2011
    Floor Care
    Winston-Salem, North Carolina
    Ratings:
    +4,217 / 7 / -0
    Someone is not having their rug cleaned anywhere near often enough.

• Like Like x 2
  7. longkenn

longkenn Well-Known Member

May 7, 2011
    Floor Care
    Winston-Salem, North Carolina
    Ratings:
    +4,217 / 7 / -0
    LOL, Sausage...Don't insult sausage like that! I like sausage. I hate Viscose in any shape, fashion or sort!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Mama Fen

Mama Fen Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2012
    Female
    Supply/distribution
    North Carolina
    Ratings:
    +2,490 / 0 / -0
    I do like their table, though, the big carved root-ball with the glass top.

9. Dafloorman

Dafloorman Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2008
    Deerfield Beach, FL
    Ratings:
    +1,506 / 7 / -0
    Yeah, that looks pretty worn I would promise it can be cleaned with out any damage, but that's about it.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Pinosan

Premium VIP

Nov 22, 2011
    Male
    Owner/operator Carpet cleaning Tech
    California
    Ratings:
    +8,023 / 42 / -0
    who installed their tile I wonder :arghh::arghh::arghh:

11. MAU CORNEJO

MAU CORNEJO Active Member

Feb 1, 2012
    ESTADO DE DE MEXICO
    Ratings:
    +457 / 1 / -0
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Befor and after, similar material,

Washed with cotton detergent, no Machine, by hand almost with a white damp towel with cotton detergent first, don't use a lot of water, use the less water possible, in case the stains don't get out well, or gets a little bit yellowish after cleaning, do the same but with Vanish! Let the product stay there and work for a day, after that rinse the excess with a towel damp with some water superficially.
    [​IMG]
    Probably you will need to repeat this process 5 times To get It very clean, So charged very high!
    Good luck

12. Jose Holguin

Premium VIP

Oct 20, 2012
    Male
    Vail, CO
    Ratings:
    +9,941 / 45 / -0
    Hey Mau, how are you doing with the earthquake? Are you all right?? How's everything?