Need help for this one

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

dave40

Dec 28, 2010
canada
Real Name
david jones
Business Location
United States
Hey guys need help for this one 43% polyester 40% cotton 9% rayon 4% acrylic 1% wool what's the procedure I can get my hands on prochem products. Tanks

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
1st what would a manufacturer make that?.....2nd why the fudge would someone buy it?

In all seriousness need to take the material that you could most easily damaged and clean it like the whole rug is made of that. Just my 2 pennies

Last edited:

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
North Carolina
www.shopcleansource.com
Real Name
Amy Barnes
Business Location
United States
Ahhh, our lovely friend viscose... the sausage of the fiber world. Throw everything in there, spin it out nice and soft, and charge a boodle for it! I hate this stuff.

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
www.interlinksupply.com
The cotton and rayon will make this very absorbent. The rayon (viscose) is not enough to create huge problems because it is balanced by the polyester.

Be gentle with agitation. Expect very slow drying.

A pit wash is the desirable way to clean this. A Brush Pro with soft brushes is a less aggressive and safer way to clean. You can also clean it as though it was upholstery. Use one of the upholstery tool that flushes well. Do several extra dry passes if needed.

Any of the Prochem or Bridgepoint upholstery presprays would work if being cleaned as upholstery.

Wool Perfect is being cleaned in a pit.

Encapuclean O2 for use with the Brush Pro.

If you continue to get this pricey designer rugs, you would appreciate a hands-on rug class. Two chances coming up soon. Washington DC and Orlando FL. Orlando in November would be pretty inviting to our Canadian friends.

Pinosan

Premium VIP
Nov 22, 2011
California
allpointscarpetcare.com
Real Name
Martin Sanchez
Business Location
United States
burn it, they will not be happy with the results. Let them know the rug has uglied out on the traffic lanes and those will always be visible and give the impression of poor cleaning no matter what you do. It's a characteristic of those things.

longkenn

May 7, 2011
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
www.sunbreezeclean.com
Real Name
Kenneth Long
Business Location
United States
Ahhh, our lovely friend viscose... the sausage of the fiber world. Throw everything in there, spin it out nice and soft, and charge a boodle for it! I hate this stuff.
LOL, Sausage...Don't insult sausage like that! I like sausage. I hate Viscose in any shape, fashion or sort!

Dafloorman

Jul 30, 2008
Deerfield Beach, FL
Real Name
Gerald Simmons
Yeah, that looks pretty worn I would promise it can be cleaned with out any damage, but that's about it.

MAU CORNEJO

Feb 1, 2012
ESTADO DE DE MEXICO
Real Name
MAURICIO CORNEJO
Business Location
United States

Befor and after, similar material,

Washed with cotton detergent, no Machine, by hand almost with a white damp towel with cotton detergent first, don't use a lot of water, use the less water possible, in case the stains don't get out well, or gets a little bit yellowish after cleaning, do the same but with Vanish! Let the product stay there and work for a day, after that rinse the excess with a towel damp with some water superficially.

Probably you will need to repeat this process 5 times To get It very clean, So charged very high!
Good luck

Oct 20, 2012
Vail, CO
Real Name
Jose Holguin
Business Location
United States

Befor and after, similar material,

Washed with cotton detergent, no Machine, by hand almost with a white damp towel with cotton detergent first, don't use a lot of water, use the less water possible, in case the stains don't get out well, or gets a little bit yellowish after cleaning, do the same but with Vanish! Let the product stay there and work for a day, after that rinse the excess with a towel damp with some water superficially.

Probably you will need to repeat this process 5 times To get It very clean, So charged very high!
Good luck
Hey Mau, how are you doing with the earthquake? Are you all right?? How's everything?

MAU CORNEJO

Feb 1, 2012
ESTADO DE DE MEXICO
Real Name
MAURICIO CORNEJO
Business Location
United States
Hey Mau, how are you doing with the earthquake? Are you all right?? How's everything?
Hi Jose, fortunately ok, It’s was really really hard, a lot harder in intensity because it’s was near the epicenter, than the big one of 1985, it’s was shorter 30 seconds Vs 2 minutes the one of 1985, if this one had been longer more than 1 minute I don’t know what will happen!

one of my employees was delivering a clean rug, and waiting to go inside the building when the Earthquake happened, he escape in the car just before the building aside felt down! He survived!

It’s the worst one I ever felt in my life! Not even the one in 1985. It’s was terrible

Oct 20, 2012
Vail, CO
Real Name
Jose Holguin
Business Location
United States
Hi Jose, fortunately ok, It’s was really really hard, a lot harder in intensity because it’s was near the epicenter, than the big one of 1985, it’s was shorter 30 seconds Vs 2 minutes the one of 1985, if this one had been longer more than 1 minute I don’t know what will happen!

one of my employees was delivering a clean rug, and waiting to go inside the building when the Earthquake happened, he escape in the car just before the building aside felt down! He survived!

It’s the worst one I ever felt in my life! Not even the one in 1985. It’s was terrible
Thats good to hear Mau. Glad everyone is ok.