onfire_02_01

Apr 28, 2011
Minnesota
www.minnesotacandr.com
Real Name
Jeremy Gray
Business Location
United States
I am going to start pushing escaping as part of a maintenance plan for my commercial customers but I can't decide what to buy. Here is what I am thinking about:
1. Rotowash/multiwash/duplex - I like the many applications here, pre scrubbing carpet, grout, ect. I love the fact that these machines have a drum and waste tank that dirt gets flung into. But I wonder if it does a good enough job.
2. Hos orbot - I have heard great things about its cleaning ability and that it absorbs soil into the pad. But I wonder if it goes deep enough into the carpet, it also can't pre scrub dirty carpet.
3. Bonnet pro mini mule - I love the fact that it has brushes as well as a pad for absorbing. But I wonder again if it goes deep enough into carpet. It also cannot pre scrub carpet and do grout.

What are some of your comments in regards to my over thinking of this subject?

shane deubell

Premium VIP
May 8, 2006
Real Name
Business Location
United States
This question comes up about 1x week...

It always breaks into 3 categories

1. broke d!cks who get a 175rpm because its cheap
2. pragmatics like me who get a cimex because its simple and diverse
3. VLM purists who only will only buy an orbiting machine, whatever that means...

So which are you?

WillnDeb

May 11, 2011
Real Name
Will
Business Location
United States

3. VLM purists who only will only buy an orbiting machine, whatever that means...

So which are you?
You didnt mention CRB's? I know you do a bunch of encap and I ask in all seriousness because I'd like to venture into some of that this year and dont know which of these machines to get. I've demo'd a Cimex CRB and an Orbot but I also know the world of the show room and the actual commercial job are far different. What say you,,,,

tommyscarpet

Jun 28, 2008
Virginia
Real Name
Tommy R. Overstreet
Business Location
United States
I am going to start pushing escaping as part of a maintenance plan for my commercial customers but I can't decide what to buy. Here is what I am thinking about:
1. Rotowash/multiwash/duplex - I like the many applications here, pre scrubbing carpet, grout, ect. I love the fact that these machines have a drum and waste tank that dirt gets flung into. But I wonder if it does a good enough job.
2. Hos orbot - I have heard great things about its cleaning ability and that it absorbs soil into the pad. But I wonder if it goes deep enough into the carpet, it also can't pre scrub dirty carpet.
3. Bonnet pro mini mule - I love the fact that it has brushes as well as a pad for absorbing. But I wonder again if it goes deep enough into carpet. It also cannot pre scrub carpet and do grout.

Just FYI, Im Selling a New "Excellent Supply" Brand "Vario orbital machine, purchased in August 14, never touched a carpet, A Royal commercial Stainless housing Vacuum, a 5 gallon electric portable Sprayer on wheels, 12 new, never used bonnets, & a case of 4 gallon Vac-A-Way chems for $2000! located in Central Virginia! I tried posting in classifieds with no luck? call me, will be happy to send pixs, & I will warranty the op machine for 1 year! 540-586-0612

shane deubell

Premium VIP
May 8, 2006
Real Name
Business Location
United States
You didnt mention CRB's? I know you do a bunch of encap and I ask in all seriousness because I'd like to venture into some of that this year and dont know which of these machines to get. I've demo'd a Cimex CRB and an Orbot but I also know the world of the show room and the actual commercial job are far different. What say you,,,,

I think they are impractical for larger then 2k sqr ft.

Although the manufacturers like them.
In a perfect world a crb then a cimex would be great, too bad i dont live in one....

Jimmy Hitt

Feb 9, 2014
Ashland City
Real Name
Jimmy Htt
Business Location
United States
Get a Mex, hire a kid or monkey to run it and collect the checks. Screw a crb for encap IMO. Especially that dry compound bull$hit. If your wanting to do more than commercial then maybe an OP but be ready to spend. That Derek guy has a Cimex for sale for $1700, unfortunately he's in NY so no go for me. I'd be better off buying new with shipping costs.

Reactions: Jose Holguin

shane deubell

Premium VIP
May 8, 2006
Real Name
Business Location
United States
In a perfect world we'd both be staggeringly handsome and rich

I like the cimex because you can use pads,bonnets or brushes.

Plus its easy

Reactions: Cleaning Concierge

shane deubell

Premium VIP
May 8, 2006
Real Name
Business Location
United States
Where do you find the pads? I have only heard of them. Never seen one. Do they absorb dirt as easily as a large pad does?

No bonnet pads absorb the most, scrub pads, well scrub surface and brushes loosen compacted soil.

Ken Raddon

Jul 22, 2010
UT
Real Name
Ken Raddon
Business Location
United States
Everyone wants to come on here and get an answer in one single thread. That is a good way to go because a lot of really helpful people on here will answer this question every time it comes up but I will tell you that by scanning all the hundreds of posts and threads on this subject you will find a lot of really good nuggets of priceless information. So do you you due diligence and read thru the many and I mean many threads on this subject. You will not regret the time spent.

And to that end I will add the following observations... My corrections to your thinking are inside the post you made that I copied...

1. Rotowash/multiwash/duplex - I like the many applications here, pre scrubbing carpet, grout, ect. I love the fact that these machines have a drum and waste tank that dirt gets flung into. But I wonder if it does a good enough job. You will have to define good enough but many people think they do a great job.
2. Hos orbot - I have heard great things about its cleaning ability and that it absorbs soil into the pad. But I wonder if it goes deep enough into the carpet, it also can't pre scrub dirty carpet. My friend this machine can prescrub carpet and digs quite deep so give it another look.
3. Bonnet pro mini mule - I love the fact that it has brushes as well as a pad for absorbing. But I wonder again if it goes deep enough into carpet. It also cannot pre scrub carpet and do grout. Here you are completely wrong. This can prescrub carpet and do grout. So do some more looking at this machine for sure.

Reactions: Nomad74

AdmiralClean

Poster
Premium VIP
Mar 13, 2007
Alabama

So which are you?

Generalizations seldom hit the mark, or even turn out to be either true or helpful.

I have a dual speed rotary, an OP machine, a cylindrical brush machine and a Cimex. All have their function and none were bought because I am cheap.

Since the guy stated that he is wanting a machine for maintenance cleaning purposes, I'd say any of his options will work.

If he was wanting to do corrective cleaning with them, THEN I'd have to have a discussion with him.

shane deubell

Premium VIP
May 8, 2006
Real Name
Business Location
United States
Generalizations seldom hit the mark, or even turn out to be either true or helpful.

I have a dual speed rotary, an OP machine, a cylindrical brush machine and a Cimex. All have their function and none were bought because I am cheap.

Since the guy stated that he is wanting a machine for maintenance cleaning purposes, I'd say any of his options will work.

If he was wanting to do corrective cleaning with them, THEN I'd have to have a discussion with him.

What normal person wants all that junk in their garage with $80k a year in sales?

shane deubell

Premium VIP
May 8, 2006
Real Name
Business Location
United States
Another generalization.

Don't use your business as a gauge to judge mine. I use all of those machines on a regular basis, except for the OP machine. I will freely admit that IT was a buying mistake.
What exactly do you expect on a forum?

The secret to everlasting life...

Good grief, that's all you find on any forum. :rolleyes: