Need help connecting Mytee waste tank to blower | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Need help connecting Mytee waste tank to blower

Barry C

Aug 28, 2013
Harrisonburg Va
www.greensolutionscleaning.net
Real Name
Barry Click
Business Location
United States

Todd had a great suggestion about using 2.5 inch conduit. The only problem is I think the threads are to short on the connection that would fit in the tank. The rest of the plumbing could be plastic conduit and is readily available at home stores. I already have the white pvc plumbing connection so no problem there. I hope to drill this soon, then we will know.

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums
Oops fat fingered that one and quoted myself.

Dust-Go

Apr 2, 2013
Real Name
Daniel Kite
Oh yeah, I put the relief valve on 180° from the front 2" hose. I love this tank compared to the original aluminum tank and all its electrolysis issues. I do wish they had a larger capacity tank, but this one works great.

Sent from my SM-G930V using TMF Forums mobile app

Reactions: Barry C

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
Are those tanks modular? Looks like the 3 sections fit together? Or is it all roto-molded as one piece?

Dust-Go

Apr 2, 2013
Real Name
Daniel Kite
Are those tanks modular? Looks like the 3 sections fit together? Or is it all roto-molded as one piece?
It's all one piece, other than the extra stack that you hook the blower to. I'm so impressed with this tank, I think I will order the roto-molded chem shelf, inline sprayer holder, and the quart bottle holders. Should make for a super clean setup that won't rust or corrode.

Reactions: Barry C and SRD

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
I've had mine hooked to a 47 blower for over a year. It works great.

Good to know. My amtex tank cracked within a year. I'm going to order a Mytee tank to replace it. The amtex has s 47 blower.

Maybe I'll order 2 tanks and replace my prochem tank too. That thank is 35 years old and still holding strong but it's only 60 gallons.

Reactions: Dust-Go
Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
Good to know. My amtex tank cracked within a year. I'm going to order a Mytee tank to replace it. The amtex has s 47 blower.

Maybe I'll order 2 tanks and replace my prochem tank too. That thank is 35 years old and still holding strong but it's only 60 gallons.
How close are you to using the Amtex?

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Reactions: 1ST CHOICE CLEANING

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Cool, it's time to get it out on jobs making money.
Yup. I'll switch back and forth between vans to keep both of them running. It will be nice to have the amtex available on jobs where my daughter helps so we can dual wand.

Magnum Clean

Oct 9, 2014
Real Name
Andrew N.

Sorry for the delay. Anyways, here's the 2, 2 inch hoses into the tank. Those simply connect to a pvc y which is then hooked to the large diameter rubber hose from the blower.

Just curious, the part of the Y where the single comes out to your large rubber hose, is the Y outlet 2.5", or did you have to put on an adapter?

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Just curious, the part of the Y where the single comes out to your large rubber hose, is the Y outlet 2.5", or did you have to put on an adapter?
For best airflow you should put a 2.5 inch tee (or 3 inch tee, whatvever size threads are on the blower) then reduce each side of the tee down to a 2 inch hose.

Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
I'll install it this week. Since I'm closed till the 2nd I'll actually have time to do it.
Todd you really need to take a real vacation one of these years, if you are taking time off of work you might as well take time away from home and enjoy a get away with your family. The last vacation you had was in the emergency room, plan a family vacation for 2017. We have been taking 2 vacations a year the past few years, this year we visited my family in Ohio for a week in June and spent 5 days in San Antonio in October plus we had a few weekend get aways throughout the year. Next year we are going to an all inclusive resort in Cancun in June and then my Mom and step dad will be visiting us in October, trying to decide if we will take them to Denver, San Diego or rent a cabin in Ruidoso, NM while they are here.

Reactions: Todd the Cleaner

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Todd you really need to take a real vacation one of these years, if you are taking time off of work you might as well take time away from home and enjoy a get away with your family. The last vacation you had was in the emergency room, plan a family vacation for 2017. We have been taking 2 vacations a year the past few years, this year we visited my family in Ohio for a week in June and spent 5 days in San Antonio in October plus we had a few weekend get aways throughout the year. Next year we are going to an all inclusive resort in Cancun in June and then my Mom and step dad will be visiting us in October, trying to decide if we will take them to Denver, San Diego or rent a cabin in Ruidoso, NM while they are here.
You are right. We have not gone anywhere since before I left Coit 6 years ago now. I take some time off here and there but I usually end up working on projects at home or if I do get a call I'll end up doing a job.

Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
You are right. We have not gone anywhere since before I left Coit 6 years ago now. I take some time off here and there but I usually end up working on projects at home or if I do get a call I'll end up doing a job.
Plan a vacation for next year, if you don't set time aside it probably won't happen. I always prepay for it and block it off on my schedule at least 6 months in advance that way money and time won't keep us from going. I used to never take vacations but now we do and they keep me from getting burned out and gives us something to look forward to.
You won't be just doing it for you but for your wife and kids as well. Can you imagine sitting down and telling your kids that you decided next summer you are going to take them to Disneyland or some other place. I bet they will smile from ear to ear, that's what it's about.

Reactions: Todd the Cleaner