Need advice. | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Need advice.

CrossMark

Apr 26, 2020
Real Name
Scott Stevenson
I am the owner of a (primarily) pest control company (2 employees). We are in 600-800 homes per year. These are loyal customers we see every month. Last year I added pressure washing and gutter cleaning. This year I added sanitation. Our schedules are booked and we average between 3k and 6k weekly. I'm about to hire another tech. Would it be worth it to me to expand my services to include carpet cleaning? My company is called CrossMark Home Services and my goal it to provide homeowners with many useful services with one call. I feel I already have a pretty good list of prospects as soon as I start marketing.

gborris

Dec 27, 2018
Real Name
Grant Borris
The equipment takes up a lot of space. You would need a van dedicated to just carpet cleaning/pressure washing.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
Carpet Cleaning a good used truck with truckmount about $35,000

All the necessary equipment and chemicals about $10,000

Insurance about $4,000

Average ticket $200

Do the math and decide if you think its worth it.

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
are you going to cross train or have a dedicated carpet cleaning tech?

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
if your doing $4000-6,000 a week running two techs out of your home, you must be rolling in cash.

but being full time for only two years, gotta tip my hat to ya

CrossMark

Apr 26, 2020
Real Name
Scott Stevenson
The equipment takes up a lot of space. You would need a van dedicated to just carpet cleaning/pressure washing.
I have a truck with a camper shell that will primarily be for carpet cleaning if I go that route. I only do pressure washing about once a week on average so its no problem to load as needed.

CrossMark

Apr 26, 2020
Real Name
Scott Stevenson
are you going to cross train or have a dedicated carpet cleaning tech?
I want all of them to learn Pest Control and be comfortable with one other service. Right now I do Pest Control, pressure washing, and gutter cleaning. My #2 does PC and sanitation.

CrossMark

Apr 26, 2020
Real Name
Scott Stevenson
if your doing $4000-6,000 a week running two techs out of your home, you must be rolling in cash.

but being full time for only two years, gotta tip my hat to ya
I wish all that was profit. My #2 guy will make 50k+ this year (hopefully) minus expenses...and I have tons of supplies and 3 trucks to pay for. I started my company in 2015 so keep it up...you'll do fine if you take care of your customers. I just want to get to the point where I don't have to work 70-80 hrs a week.

CrossMark

Apr 26, 2020
Real Name
Scott Stevenson
Carpet Cleaning a good used truck with truckmount about $35,000

All the necessary equipment and chemicals about $10,000

Insurance about $4,000

Average ticket $200

Do the math and decide if you think its worth it.
That's good information. I will.

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
I wish all that was profit. My #2 guy will make 50k+ this year (hopefully) minus expenses...and I have tons of supplies and 3 trucks to pay for. I started my company in 2015 so keep it up...you'll do fine if you take care of your customers. I just want to get to the point where I don't have to work 70-80 hrs a week.

Way better dough in PC I think from knowing couple people in it. What’s wrong with what you’re doing now? Hire another tech or two and get out of the field.

Yer obviously good at selling yourself. I’d focus on the services you have till it’s all running like a top then hire and branch out again. That’s what we’ve done and because we had multiple services we dropped focus on the things we don’t want right now. But we can jump back in easily enough if or when we want too. Just my thoughts

Reactions: keep it clean

gborris

Dec 27, 2018
Real Name
Grant Borris
I have a truck with a camper shell that will primarily be for carpet cleaning if I go that route. I only do pressure washing about once a week on average so its no problem to load as needed.

Truck with camper shell might not be enough. I suggest you take a look inside a carpet cleaning van. The machine, waste tank, and hose reel take up a lot of space.

Carpet-Max

Aug 9, 2012
Real Name
Russ Zinck
Truck with camper shell might not be enough. I suggest you take a look inside a carpet cleaning van. The machine, waste tank, and hose reel take up a lot of space.
He mentioned loading and unloading as needed. It sounds like he is thinking about a portable rather than a truckmount.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
Really my opinion is if you're going to do residential carpet cleaning and you're using technicians it's best to go the truck mount route. Less headache, better cleaning performance, time is money when it comes to techs, less time with a truck mount.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
Well he said gutter cleaning etc - so I was assuming it wasn't high rises.