Need advice on duct cleaning | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Need advice on duct cleaning

tmfnewbie

Mar 20, 2015
Real Name
ben
I've had ol lady's shove there mops down a plenum. Squeeze it out and say does that look clean to you.?.

I would politely ask while he is there to take a look at the rest of his work and ask, politely, if this looks like it could be better. Technically I could do 7 vents in a half hour or so. Depending on accessibility. So your not asking for much in terms of time. You just want to be satisfied.

ServproRob

Jul 17, 2017
Real Name
Robby Crawford
I agree... This is a good example of a Duct cleaner who is not trained in this or one who just doesn't care and got your money. I have been cleaning duct work on and off for 7 years now when the main guy here isn't available. Who mind you has 25+ years cleaning duct work. Agitation is definitely needed to remove as much dirt and debris as possible.

pacleaner

Dec 24, 2012
Real Name
Glen Isaacson
Business Location
United States
typical blow and go. The five star reviews are not about their cleanings. they are about their winning personality and how prompt or polite they were and they wore booties and used corner guards. All things you can do that the customer sees. Then most have no idea what you are doing or what you should do and they don't look inside and mostly cant so they are soooo happy.
This man was screwed and while the ducts need to be cleaned I would not bring those guys in again. Nothing will change.

May I say about the above comment that if the dust doesn't come out wit a strong vacuum that it won"t come out in to the air, that is so very wrong it's upsetting to read. Aside from, duh, you are paying to have them cleaned out, the air in your home passes through that filth and carries microscopic crap along with it and you breath it in. This how a person can smell things. It all has to go. It is true that a film may remain and this can only work for dry dust that can be agitated.

Reactions: Tylor

Bill Angelo

Jul 10, 2017
Real Name
Bill Angelo
I don't think this guy has served his job up the mark. This is not how a cleaned air duct should look like. It looks as if he hasn't even touched some parts of your air duct. I get a far better result when I do the cleaning myself by just removing the duct covers and shove a vacuum in there.
I have hired a professional duct cleaning service based in Toronto a few years back as a post renovation cleaning service. I did quite a lot research before hiring one. I was told by more than one company that they hook a vacuum up to the furnace and suck out all the dirt. But this company took a different approach by clearing the lines out first even before hitting the furnace area. They took the time to explain that it would be difficult to pressurize the entire system to suck it all downwards. So they started working backward for a better cleaning. They did it right even though they took time.

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
This is a classic example of getting what you pay for, unfortunately. A truly professional and thorough duct cleaning job should not cost less than at least $500-$700, much more for larger or more neglected systems. It should involve agitation, strong vacuum, and shutting down of different legs of the system to prevent cross-contamination.

A quick shove-and-suck will cost much less but will only get some of the dirt out, like this one did.

Reactions: Cat 3

Bobby111

Oct 2, 2017
Real Name
Bob Shmidt
Get your money back you are dealing with a piece of shit lowlife scumbag.