Need a push broom for scrubbing in encap | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Need a push broom for scrubbing in encap

Ed Cruz

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2013
CT
Real Name
Ed Cruz
What’s a good broom from Home Depot or Lowe’s and what type of bristles do I need? This would be for mostly synthetic Berber and loop pile commercial. Please don’t tell me the Grandi POS.....

george8585

Feb 27, 2011
Earth
Real Name
George
Business Location
United States
Push broom for scrubbing in encap ???

Do you mean a brush to take out spots on commercial carpet ???

Ed Cruz

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2013
CT
Real Name
Ed Cruz
Push broom for scrubbing in encap ???

To take out stains on commercial carpet ???

I have one it’s too small. I want a broom for brushing in encap on lightly soiled carpet. I’m trying to get out of lugging the buffer up stairs but want some agitation. I’ll be using it to scrub in pre spray before HWE also.

george8585

Feb 27, 2011
Earth
Real Name
George
Business Location
United States
They don't sell these at Home Depot/Lowes but Jon Don should have the black bristle brush. White bristle is stiff and hard to push.

Black bristle works good for scrubbing in prespray and is good for grooming residential carpet after cleaning.

Home Depot/Lowes would have a deck brush that would work but they are usually small

Resized_20210328_095359.jpg

Reactions: sbsscn and Ed Cruz

Ed Cruz

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2013
CT
Real Name
Ed Cruz
They don't sell these at Home Depot/Lowes but Jon Don should have the black bristle brush. White bristle is stiff and hard to push.

Black bristle works good for scrubbing in prespray and is good for grooming residential carpet after cleaning.

Home Depot/Lowes would have a deck brush that would work but they are usually small

View attachment 96228
Ok so a black bristle brush is the stiffness I need? I’d like to pick up one and not have to order it

george8585

Feb 27, 2011
Earth
Real Name
George
Business Location
United States
Those brushes are what I used 25 years ago when I first started carpet cleaning to scrub in prespray and groom.

I still use the black brush today but mostly just to groom carpet.

Last edited:

Ed Cruz

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2013
CT
Real Name
Ed Cruz
Those brushes are what I used 25 years ago when I first started carpet cleaning to scrub in prespray and groom.

I still use the black brush today but mostly just to groom carpet.
Most times upstairs in residential I don’t need a power scrub.....just a little agitation to work in the chemical and the grandi brush is flimsy.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
Why am I extremely confused about what you're doing lol? Are you just scrubbing some encap in?

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
I used a grout brush with softest bristles i could find for against baseboards. And the deck brush for touching up spots or doing very small areas. Both brushes can be found in depot cleaning aisle.

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
I used a grout brush with softest bristles i could find for against baseboards. And the deck brush for touching up spots or doing very small areas. Both brushes can be found in depot cleaning aisle.
And not the typical deck brush broom looking piece if sht. The one that has them on tfront. Makes it easier to use on carpet. Looks like this but Rubbermaid

391818D2-8481-4A2F-93F8-32356F63F577.jpeg

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
I think they used to carry a carpet brush similar to Georges video with the cleaners for use with the homeowner special dry powder cleaning. I haven’t seen that in a while though.

Ed Cruz

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2013
CT
Real Name
Ed Cruz
I think they used to carry a carpet brush similar to Georges video with the cleaners for use with the homeowner special dry powder cleaning. I haven’t seen that in a while though.
Yeah if your talking about capture those brushes are garbage.......capture powder isn’t bad though in certain situations.

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Yeah if your talking about capture those brushes are garbage.......capture powder isn’t bad though in certain situations.
Yep thats it. I never tried them as they looked cheap. The deck brush is pretty unbreakable. The stick it came with even held up. It will give you a workout though lol.

like any brush break it in on wet concrete first.