Nautilus MXE-500APF | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Nautilus MXE-500APF

Kevin’s ain’t

Jul 4, 2020
Real Name
Kevin
Another thing to think about is that when you upgrade to a tm later on the nautilus will be too bulky to fit in your loaded truck. You rather buy a smaller much more compact unit so later on if your tm is down for service you can easily fit your porty in your van as a back up usage.

Kevin’s ain’t

Jul 4, 2020
Real Name
Kevin
That’s a good point.. although after years in the business I swear I’ve learned to master packing a truck full to the brim.. I’m assuming you guys understand but yes absolutely I’ll look into dimensions, weight, etc. thank you

Reactions: Fedri

Rory henderson

Sep 22, 2015
Real Name
Rory henderson
Mine fits right in there with the truckmount I don’t like unloading it & loading it though

Dream Clean

Oct 3, 2018
Real Name
Emerson Campbell
I used to load a Nautilus in my old van all the time with plenty of room. Just need to make sure you set yourself up right. I like the Nautilus for a one man crew because of the wheels on the handles. Just tilt it and slide it right in and out no issues.

Reactions: gordon qian

gordon qian

Oct 31, 2019
Real Name
gordon qian
Business Location
Canada
I own a nautilus MXE auto fill and auto pump out 500 psi. Have done a lot of carpets and it may take a little longer it has worked good and no big issues. The only issue I have had is one of the vacuum motors will shut off when it gets overheated. So I have a separate fan blow on machine when cleaning.
you probably have the earlier models, the newer ones has two cooling fans attached to its sides (mxe-500m). In addition, my local distributors made sure it comes with the 12 gauge copper wires (which theoretically can handle 20 amps/2400w), so it won't ever overheat.

mbrandt

Apr 5, 2011
Wisconsin
Real Name
Mark Brandt
Business Location
United States
My nautilus has two fans One vacuum motor will still overheat if I don’t put an extra fan blowing on it

pgcleaner

Nov 4, 2020
Real Name
Matthew Olive
I got a Chem-Tex TM for less than 9k. I am very happy with it. Lot's of heat and suction at 200 feet. Keeps up with residential just fine. Might be worth it over a porty. I can't imagine trying to lug a nautilus up some stairs holy crap my back would break.

Attachments

• 20210309_142624.jpg
    20210309_142624.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 39
  • 20210309_142651.jpg
    20210309_142651.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 38
Reactions: Fedri

pgcleaner

Nov 4, 2020
Real Name
Matthew Olive
Sign up for Google Local Services as soon as your website is done. Get reviews. A good professional website built with WORDPRESS - if it isn't wordpress it isn't going to be SEO friendly.

I highly recommend Housecall Pro as well - it integrates with Google and other platforms. Makes it easy as heck, and offers online ordering through your website.

Once I had my website built I spent about $500 a month through local services, and got $6,000 a month in sales from it.

Now I have done well enough to hire an SEO engineer and my organic internet is doing well. Again though, I'd strongly recommend Google Local Services. It takes about 6 weeks for them to complete the background/insurance check on you to get the Google Guaranteed mark.
If you don't want to do wordpress use wix. Wix has a good SEO toolkit as well. It's a little more user friendly as well. Wix also has online booking that will sync with your personal google calendar. You can get a business phone number through them as well. Google my business just announced a partnership with wix regarding SEO. I like WIX but wordpress is good too just more technical.

Here's my Website so you can see a wix site. I also use Google Local Service Ads. It puts you right at the top of google. Leads can be expensive though. $30 to $50 per call.

Hunterman1987

Jul 1, 2020
Real Name
Adam Hunter
I got a Chem-Tex TM for less than 9k. I am very happy with it. Lot's of heat and suction at 200 feet. Keeps up with residential just fine. Might be worth it over a porty. I can't imagine trying to lug a nautilus up some stairs holy crap my back would break.
I am happy for you