Nautilus MXE-500AP 8.4 motors

Rico1

Jun 30, 2017
Real Name
Ricardo Vázquez
This is what the manual says....The Waste Pump uses a float switch and does not start pumping until the water level in the tank is high enough to lift the float switch. The pump will turn ON & OFF during normal operation. Pump will be damaged if allowed to run dry.

I am thinking I could probably lower the floater that activates the pump in mine so that it starts pumping out at lower water levels and avoid leaks.
I've tried bucket dumping but it slows me down and also I paid extra for the APO so I wanna be able to use it with out running into inconveniences, damn it!

Suction Junkie

Feb 24, 2011
Chicago Illinois
Real Name
Reuben Brumby
Business Location
United States
I am thinking I could probably lower the floater that activates the pump in mine so that it starts pumping out at lower water levels and avoid leaks.
I've tried bucket dumping but it slows me down and also I paid extra for the APO so I wanna be able to use it with out running into inconveniences, damn it!
Were you able to lower the float?

Rico1

Jun 30, 2017
Real Name
Ricardo Vázquez
Were you able to lower the float?

Yes.
The float/pump wires are held with zip ties. I just cut the zip ties, gave the float wire more slack and then tied it from the bottom of that bracket that holds the pump. I just gave the wire enough slack this time so that the float is turned upside down by the recovered water level activating the pump-out relatively soon after starting cleaning. I did one job today, turned the pressure up to 400psi, no leaking this time .
I put some defoamer in the recovery thank too.

Total Cleaning Service

Sep 13, 2015
Real Name
Matthew Tyson
Yes.
The float/pump wires are held with zip ties. I just cut the zip ties, gave the float wire more slack and then tied it from the bottom of that bracket that holds the pump. I just gave the wire enough slack this time so that the float is turned upside down by the recovered water level activating the pump-out relatively soon after starting cleaning. I did one job today, turned the pressure up to 400psi, no leaking this time .
I put some defoamer in the recovery thank too.
Good to hear...if you get a larger job you may have to add defoamer after so many rooms. After you do 2 rooms stop the machine and look inside the waste tank to see how it looks. That way you will get a feel for how long you can run it before you need to do something. Sounds like you on the right track

Suction Junkie

Feb 24, 2011
Chicago Illinois
Real Name
Reuben Brumby
Business Location
United States
Pardon me Gentlemen, but in all due respect, it is amazing how many problems/hassles you have with these portables.

Just amazing.
I like the quality and performance of your machine... it's the longitudinal design that doesn't work for me! I prefer the upright design.

Ed Valentine

Oct 8, 2008
Michigan, USA
cross-american.com
Real Name
Ed Valentine
Business Location
United States
I like the quality and performance of your machine... it's the longitudinal design that doesn't work for me! I prefer the upright design.
Thank you, Suction Junkie, however allow me to make one thing clear in my statement above; I wasn't promoting our machine, rather focusing on the seemingly continual problems/situations which some operators put up with with their four wheel machines. That, to me, not only as a manufacturer but also as a prior owner and user of HWE/ETM's (11 HWE/11 trucks/3 locations) is truly unbelievable. Sorry if I hurt anyone's feelings.

Now, only because you brought it up, there is a terrific reason for the design of the JAGUAR 8.4 ETM system which is only to the advantage of the Operator and his/her performance & reliability on the job. True, it is very unique indeed. However, our market was directed via my own success as a user and will continue to be. No offense, however, It is not directed at the generic market as is (IMHO) more saturated in this industry.

Thanks again for your opinion. Always appreciate your threads and comments.
Ed Valentine

Reactions: Suction Junkie

Suction Junkie

Feb 24, 2011
Chicago Illinois
Real Name
Reuben Brumby
Business Location
United States
Thank you, Suction Junkie, however allow me to make one thing clear in my statement above; I wasn't promoting our machine, rather focusing on the seemingly continual problems/situations which some operators put up with with their four wheel machines. That, to me, not only as a manufacturer but also as a prior owner and user of HWE/ETM's (11 HWE/11 trucks/3 locations) is truly unbelievable. Sorry if I hurt anyone's feelings.

Now, only because you brought it up, there is a terrific reason for the design of the JAGUAR 8.4 ETM system which is only to the advantage of the Operator and his/her performance & reliability on the job. True, it is very unique indeed. However, our market was directed via my own success as a user and will continue to be. No offense, however, It is not directed at the generic market as is (IMHO) more saturated in this industry.

Thanks again for your opinion. Always appreciate your threads and comments.
Ed Valentine
My bad I misunderstood, sometimes it is not as easy to have a written conversation as it is in person.

Suction Junkie

Feb 24, 2011
Chicago Illinois
Real Name
Reuben Brumby
Business Location
United States
I wanted to share my experience with this machine, so here we go! (When I say old machine i mean my 500psi sandia sniper)

1. Solution pump 500 is a unloader versus a regulator on my sandia sniper(i believe thats the right term). When you let go of the trigger it goes back to 0 and when the trigger is pulled it goes to the psi that i set. It feels like it has more pressure than it reads on the gauge.

2. Vaccum.... the 2 8.4 motors IMO is the closet that you can get to truckmount performance in a portable. 1 8.4 motor on this machine is stronger than both of 5.7 motors on my old machine combined. When i turn on both motors i get a whistle from the wand. Excellent water recovery. I have used it with and without my mytee lint hog inline filter doesn't feel like any loss in suction but i only use 50ft of 2in hose and a 2in 4 jet wand. The lint hog catches alot of carpet fuzz and pet hair, even after a good vacuuming.
The only prob im having is the vaccum motors overheating. I did get the machine used but in like new condition no visible signs of wear on the motors, they look brand new. There isnt alot of airflow in the chassis except one small computer exhaust fan on the back.
If you want to use a hydromaster dm3 upholstery wand you need to use a vac relief and only one motor of not the water doesnt flow correctly.

3. APO....i havent used this yet but i think its 18.3 gpm and you have to use a inline filter so it doesnt get clogged up

Conclusion: Overall im happy with the machine, just use it in a well ventilated area so it doesnt over heat. I may try to change out the motors of it persist

822322f47d7646d046659c98f2e1d588.jpg

0f7e41e055d6a722cb0286c169c6b72b.jpg

afab3980aed254b793849bb2ea4990b5.jpg

ff298aa2509fd61610689f596600b8d1.jpg

b2601c6b60ceb4c006d37d69c0005af4.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920P using TMF Forums mobile app
How well does that wand work with ťhe 8.4? Whats the flow?

Rico1

Jun 30, 2017
Real Name
Ricardo Vázquez
How well does that wand work with ťhe 8.4? Whats the flow?

I got the same wand as @Total Cleaning Services, I got it because I too asked him how it paired with his nautilus and he said it worked nice. I got the westpak 10-0750 for about $290. It's a 14", 4 jet (95015, 6 flow, ergonomic wand, it has "gun" high pressure handle mounted like the more expensive Prochem Ti wand. If you already have a 2" wand I'd say try using it first and don't spend money on a new wand until you are sure you need a wand to pair nicely with the Nautilus. I've used my glided Prochem Ti, 6 jet 9 flow wand at 250psi and it worked fine.

Suction Junkie

Feb 24, 2011
Chicago Illinois
Real Name
Reuben Brumby
Business Location
United States
I got the same wand as @Total Cleaning Services, I got it because I too asked him how it paired with his nautilus and he said it worked nice. I got the westpak 10-0750 for about $290. It's a 14", 4 jet (95015, 6 flow, ergonomic wand, it has "gun" high pressure handle mounted like the more expensive Prochem Ti wand. If you already have a 2" wand I'd say try using it first and don't spend money on a new wand until you are sure you need a wand to pair nicely with the Nautilus. I've used my glided Prochem Ti, 6 jet 9 flow wand at 250psi and it worked fine.
I just ordered the Mytee Bentley wand, it has 5 1102 jets, I heard it has a flow of 10...
What would be a better flow for this machine? Which jets should it have to aid in getting the carpet dry quickly?
It works well, i got it at Sunbelt USA ...i orgotnwhat jets are on it. Think it was like 350, hard to find a 2in wand thats a good price without going in the 1000 range.

Suction Junkie

Feb 24, 2011
Chicago Illinois
Real Name
Reuben Brumby
Business Location
United States
Lmao Wow! They're barely good enough to run a weed wacker. It can melt the homeowners outlet too. I've been there before. Scary to see smoke coming from outlet in the wall. Ever since then I check to see if plugs or outlets are getting hot. Very paranoid since then.

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums
Always use gfci if available

Rico1

Jun 30, 2017
Real Name
Ricardo Vázquez
Haha nice! I hadnt had any issues with the cords. I also forgot to mention i order my vacuum gaskets from a different place and they went all the way to the end of motor mottom instead of closer to thr middle like the others..not that this has anything to do with overheating just forgot to post it earlier
2e43643f9b60d426498e4ba3341890d0.jpg
a8779055f1c4db2fc31449bb295b1384.jpg

Where did You get the gaskets from? Or what should I search the web under?
I checked my gaskets and they were both out of place, one of them was restricting air flow already.

Total Cleaning Service

Sep 13, 2015
Real Name
Matthew Tyson
Where did You get the gaskets from? Or what should I search the web under?
I checked my gaskets and they were both out of place, one of them was restricting air flow already.
Jeff found different ones that are wider then mine not sure where he ordered them. Interlink might have some in stock not sure if they were the super skinny ones. Google *8.4 vacuum gasket* and you will find what you need

Reactions: Rico1

Adam Valencia

Dec 23, 2016
Real Name
Adam V.
There is no air intake...there are gaps on the rotomolding on the left and right side and a small fan like you see on a computer case exhausting out. I was thinking about adding one

Allways wondered if connecting small 2'' hose to one of the exhaust ports then turning it down to a pre-cut 2'' hole aiming it in to the inside of the mashine to create more air flow to cool down the system. Unless the unit is blowing super hot air?.....

Total Cleaning Service

Sep 13, 2015
Real Name
Matthew Tyson
Allways wondered if connecting small 2'' hose to one of the exhaust ports then turning it down to a pre-cut 2'' hole aiming it in to the inside of the mashine to create more air flow to cool down the system. Unless the unit is blowing super hot air?.....
The exhaust produces hot air that wouldn't work. Not sure what page it's on but my machine was the old model without the exhaust fan on each side so I ended up cutting my own and putting computer vent covers over it. After I changed my motors to the ones without a thermal cutoff it was fine anyway

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
The exhaust produces hot air that wouldn't work. Not sure what page it's on but my machine was the old model without the exhaust fan on each side so I ended up cutting my own and putting computer vent covers over it. After I changed my motors to the ones without a thermal cutoff it was fine anyway
when I replace vacs I will always get the ones without the thermal cutoff.