Nautilus MXE-500AP 8.4 motors

Discussion in 'Portable Carpet Cleaning' started by Total Cleaning Service, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Jim Chen

Jim Chen Member

Jan 13, 2017
    Male
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    HI JRH,
    HI JRH, thanks for the information today, I have discussed with one of my friend today, so far I am using one cord on my machine, and one cord for mytee heater, future am looking to add a air hog because always want to be like a ETM one day, and if I have change all vac motors, end up having 2 cords on the machine, + one cord for heater and future another one for air hog, which make something impossible and not worth it, maybe I will just stick with what my machine current situation and save some $$ for air hog haha ...

2. JRH

JRH Active Member

Mar 16, 2011
    Ratings:
    +245 / 30 / -0
    vacs are new Jim , i would say the 5cfm difference or so would even be within the margin of error of my little test , the point was there was no real difference between the two .
    So not worth the extra weight , fitting hassle , and in the 240v version , extra expence of the 8.4 over the 6.6 . Some (you might know ) are charging almost 400usd !!! for a replacment 8.4 in a certain machine in the UK . The 6.6 we can get for about 150usd .
    I agree with u .... marketing ... 8.4 sounds more powerfull that the smaller sizes

Did you get a TM ?

3. JRH

JRH Active Member

Mar 16, 2011
    Ratings:
    +245 / 30 / -0
    Hey , thats an optionfor you , Personally i think a more powerfull base unit is a better option . Yours is very weak as it is . Its far easier many times imo to bring the portable close to where your working than running hoses and extension cables to the van ... and you still have setup the airhog ..which is almost the size of a portable anyway .

• Like Like x 2
  4. Jim Chen

Jim Chen Member

Jan 13, 2017
    Male
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I might get a new machine one day and still keep the air hog

5. Total Cleaning Service

Total Cleaning Service Active Member

Sep 13, 2015
    Male
    Ratings:
    +336 / 3 / -0
    I was planning on fabricating my own ETM with a generator but the wattage and weight was going to be way too crazy. Maybe when i have some extra money and a different van i will give it a try. I have a chevy city express which is basically a nissan nv200

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Jimsteam

Premium VIP

Apr 19, 2009
    Retired
    NOYB
    Ratings:
    +5,450 / 19 / -1
    #286 Jimsteam, Jul 16, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
    Between the 6.6 and 8.4 we agree. If you can check the amperage between the 2. I found a slight difference . Even a small amount of less amps in the states in a plus.

No TM . Had ONE job over 150' since 2009. Good with what I have.

Did add a 13" Zipper, Cimex and a OP machine to my arsenal.

• Like Like x 2