Nautilus MXE-500AP 8.4 motors

Total Cleaning Service

Sep 13, 2015
Real Name
Matthew Tyson
I got the nautilus!
Do you have a foam downer, the one that attaches to the vacuum port on the machine and draws defoamer as it recovers water while cleaning? Does that help or waste of money? I also want to get the faucet adapter kit, it comes with several adapters in a ring.
What accessories in your opinion are essential?
Congrats. I dont have thr foam downer i just add a little to thr waste tank before i start it up. The accessories are your preference, what fits your style of cleaning

Reactions: rico

Rico1

Jun 30, 2017
Real Name
Ricardo Vázquez
I used the nautilus yesterday for the first time with only 25ft of 2" vacuum hose, wow!
I've only used a truckmount, a hydramaster maxx 450 since I started cleaning 5 years ago, this porty is powerful! I am definitely getting a glide for this new wand am using with it, my back hurts from wanding unglided.

Reactions: JRH

Total Cleaning Service

Sep 13, 2015
Real Name
Matthew Tyson
I used the nautilus yesterday for the first time with only 25ft of 2" vacuum hose, wow!
I've only used a truckmount, a hydramaster maxx 450 since I started cleaning 5 years ago, this porty is powerful! I am definitely getting a glide for this new wand am using with it, my back hurts from wanding unglided.
Yes it definitely is powerful, i use 50 feet on mine. It only locks down a bit on thick plush carpet for me, i dont use a glide, guess im used to it

Reactions: JRH

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
Reactions: Rico1

Jim Chen

Jan 13, 2017
Real Name
JIM CHEN
I had a Nautilus 500psi with 2 5.7 no APO, no Auto dump, and I normally run around 15Meters - 25 meters... Had 40 L down the carpet, and only suck up about 20L water in waste tank at the end of the job 1 wet 2 dry at least, did I use the hose too long? But the carpet still dried in reasonable time, if I finished a carpet before 12pm and it would dry by end of the night, if I have a blower on it would even dry faster I think.

Was a bit regret having a 5.7 instead of 8.4, but by our supplier told me, in our country only allow 10amp, who knows, because I have a friend using Jag 8.4 and he is doing well in any residential place, and also because I used his machine for few times so I knew quite well it didn't had any problem at all if it around 10amp or a bit over is fine, now I am trying save hard for a booster and hope can run over 30M.

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
I think you need to check your hose connections where it leaks air and this will slow the dry times, also make sure you have your machine set up at parallel not series, with parallel you can run longer hose runs for good water recovery and this will give few hours of dry times. I do run dual 3 stage vacs in parallel and my dry times are few hours only with 75ft of hose runs and I do recover over 95% of the water that I put on the carpe. 3 stage 5.7s are strong enough to do this .

Jim Chen

Jan 13, 2017
Real Name
JIM CHEN
I think you need to check your hose connections where it leaks air and this will slow the dry times, also make sure you have your machine set up at parallel not series, with parallel you can run longer hose runs for good water recovery and this will give few hours of dry times. I do run dual 3 stage vacs in parallel and my dry times are few hours only with 75ft of hose runs and I do recover over 95% of the water that I put on the carpe. 3 stage 5.7s are strong enough to do this .

Yes, I am running parallel only, but the 2inchs vacuum hose I am using now is a second hand one, not too sure about the connection, and I think mine is a 2 stage 5.7 got told by the supplier, any ideas I can check it myself to see if it is 3 stage or 2?I might try use new vacuum hose next time when I do a job, thanks heaps! I am surprised with 95% recover! compare to my 50% only, must be something wrong with it I believe!

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
I got the nautilus!
Do you have a foam downer, the one that attaches to the vacuum port on the machine and draws defoamer as it recovers water while cleaning? Does that help or waste of money? I also want to get the faucet adapter kit, it comes with several adapters in a ring.
What accessories in your opinion are essential?

Skip the defoamer kit just close it. I have one and its no use. Actually skip the liquid defoamer all together. Just get powdered defoamer. It faster acting. If you think youll have a problem before starting just throw a little in to waste tank and wet it down so motors breathe it in at start up. If you do hit some soap or hairshampoo and hose clogs with foam. Put some defoamer powder into wand. It will clear it all out in seconds. Can sprinkle it on carpet too only if necessary.

Reactions: Rico1

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
Yes, I am running parallel only, but the 2inchs vacuum hose I am using now is a second hand one, not too sure about the connection, and I think mine is a 2 stage 5.7 got told by the supplier, any ideas I can check it myself to see if it is 3 stage or 2?I might try use new vacuum hose next time when I do a job, thanks heaps! I am surprised with 95% recover! compare to my 50% only, must be something wrong with it I believe!
That would answer your question the vacs are being 2 stages and the hose is a second hand where it may have leaks. I don't know how you can tell if yours are 2 stage or 3 but if the supplier have specified it as 2 stage then they are 2 stages of vac. Probably the longest hose length you can go is around 50-60 feet.

CCWorks

Premium VIP
Jan 3, 2010
Michigan
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States
The Hydro-Filter AC10 is a good filter. It is not the Devastator or the Silver Bullet, but a good filter for most situations and a reasonable price.
https://interlinksupply.com/index.php?search_val=AC10

N95 Respirator with Exhalation Valve

Hi, At Lowes or HD, I can get a box of 10 for about $30.00 with the valve. or a single for $8.00

Interlink wants $12.00 for one or is there more then one mask?

https://interlinksupply.com/index.php?item_num=1665-5223

This has charcoal and it good for Organic Vapors. Box of 10 for $50.00

Charcoal is good when using cleaning chemicals. It helps remove some vapors but not all.

https://www.uline.com/Product/Detai...gclid=CND5g5-RidUCFcq2wAodFjcFQA&gclsrc=aw.ds

3M - N95, Universal Size, Exhalation Valve Particulate Respirator

Box of 10 made by 3M , $35.00

https://www.mscdirect.com/product/details/00099564

Last edited:

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
N95 Respirator with Exhalation Valve

Hi, At Lowes or HD, I can get a box of 10 for about $30.00 with the valve. or a single for $8.00

Interlink wants $12.00 for one or is there more then one mask?

https://interlinksupply.com/index.php?item_num=1665-5223

This has charcoal and it good for Organic Vapors. Box of 10 for $50.00

Charcoal is good when using cleaning chemicals. It helps remove some vapors but not all.

https://www.uline.com/Product/Detai...gclid=CND5g5-RidUCFcq2wAodFjcFQA&gclsrc=aw.ds

3M - N95, Universal Size, Exhalation Valve Particulate Respirator

Box of 10 made by 3M , $35.00

https://www.mscdirect.com/product/details/00099564

Lets look. IS Interlink really higher priced as you claim?

Respirator you posted at $12 from Interlink is for a box of 10. Considerably lower than Lowe's or HD.

The same 3M N-95 is $22.95 for a box. You quote at $35 from your website.

Interlink considerably lower on both the items you mention.

The level of customer service and support is also part of the price. No one from Lowe's, Home Depot, MSC Direct or any other Internet only supplier is on Truckmount Forums every day providing support, buying ads here to help support the forum and providing in store support as well.

Some items could come in a buck cheaper if they decide to send me to an early retirement, but you would be losing something to save that $1.

Reactions: CCWorks

CCWorks

Premium VIP
Jan 3, 2010
Michigan
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States
Lets look. IS Interlink really higher priced as you claim?

Respirator you posted at $12 from Interlink is for a box of 10. Considerably lower than Lowe's or HD.

The same 3M N-95 is $22.95 for a box. You quote at $35 from your website.

Interlink considerably lower on both the items you mention.

The level of customer service and support is also part of the price. No one from Lowe's, Home Depot, MSC Direct or any other Internet only supplier is on Truckmount Forums every day providing support, buying ads here to help support the forum and providing in store support as well.

Some items could come in a buck cheaper if they decide to send me to an early retirement, but you would be losing something to save that $1.
I was not calling out IS as High priced, I did not know the quantity.

I do recommend you get charcoal filters.

Thanks for the info.

Total Cleaning Service

Sep 13, 2015
Real Name
Matthew Tyson
I had a Nautilus 500psi with 2 5.7 no APO, no Auto dump, and I normally run around 15Meters - 25 meters... Had 40 L down the carpet, and only suck up about 20L water in waste tank at the end of the job 1 wet 2 dry at least, did I use the hose too long? But the carpet still dried in reasonable time, if I finished a carpet before 12pm and it would dry by end of the night, if I have a blower on it would even dry faster I think.

Was a bit regret having a 5.7 instead of 8.4, but by our supplier told me, in our country only allow 10amp, who knows, because I have a friend using Jag 8.4 and he is doing well in any residential place, and also because I used his machine for few times so I knew quite well it didn't had any problem at all if it around 10amp or a bit over is fine, now I am trying save hard for a booster and hope can run over 30M.

I agree with Ferdi for the most part and would like to add a few things. Here is how you tell if you have 2 stage or 3 stage 5.7 vacs. 2 stage will have 1 ring on the silver canister part of the motor, 3 stage will have 2 rings. if you still cant tell then just look up your model number or post a picture here.

I used a dual 3 stage machine with 50 feet of 1.5-inch hose for years before I got the MXE-500AP. First, check your wand to make sure you don't have any debris lodged in the vacuum slot or hair catching on the screw in the middle. Next, if you have both motors on do you hear a lot of air hissing around the vac connector that u connect to the wand or connects to the machine? if you put you hand around it can you feel air? if you do a nice bead of clear silicone around the connectors would fix it. Next, open the hood on your machine and make sure a vac hose isn't loose or falling off. Wiggle the motor to make sure its tight in the manifold, sometimes the seals will loosen if you dont get the machine off before it foams over repeatedly.

Dry times depend on what psi you are cleaning at and the amount of vacuum you have. I would adjust your psi to around 200 or so and see if that helps. If you clean a row and do a dry pass and touch the carpet do you have a lot of water on your hands? it should be barely damp. I also don't think 2-inch hose with 5.7 motors is a good idea, there's not enough airflow to saturate the hoses, I would switch to 1.5. When you put the wand on the carpet do you hear the motors rev up or is there no change? I get 1-3hr dry times with the MXE-500, my Sandia Sniper was around 4-6 hrs or more depending on air flow. Hope my ramblings help haha

Reactions: ATTICUS and Scott W

Jim Chen

Jan 13, 2017
Real Name
JIM CHEN
I agree with Ferdi for the most part and would like to add a few things. Here is how you tell if you have 2 stage or 3 stage 5.7 vacs. 2 stage will have 1 ring on the silver canister part of the motor, 3 stage will have 2 rings. if you still cant tell then just look up your model number or post a picture here.

I used a dual 3 stage machine with 50 feet of 1.5-inch hose for years before I got the MXE-500AP. First, check your wand to make sure you don't have any debris lodged in the vacuum slot or hair catching on the screw in the middle. Next, if you have both motors on do you hear a lot of air hissing around the vac connector that u connect to the wand or connects to the machine? if you put you hand around it can you feel air? if you do a nice bead of clear silicone around the connectors would fix it. Next, open the hood on your machine and make sure a vac hose isn't loose or falling off. Wiggle the motor to make sure its tight in the manifold, sometimes the seals will loosen if you dont get the machine off before it foams over repeatedly.

Dry times depend on what psi you are cleaning at and the amount of vacuum you have. I would adjust your psi to around 200 or so and see if that helps. If you clean a row and do a dry pass and touch the carpet do you have a lot of water on your hands? it should be barely damp. I also don't think 2-inch hose with 5.7 motors is a good idea, there's not enough airflow to saturate the hoses, I would switch to 1.5. When you put the wand on the carpet do you hear the motors rev up or is there no change? I get 1-3hr dry times with the MXE-500, my Sandia Sniper was around 4-6 hrs or more depending on air flow. Hope my ramblings help haha

There you go, here are some of the pictures

Attachments

• IMG_4074.JPG
    IMG_4074.JPG
    78.9 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_4075.JPG
    IMG_4075.JPG
    77.4 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_4077.JPG
    IMG_4077.JPG
    66.4 KB · Views: 109

Jim Chen

Jan 13, 2017
Real Name
JIM CHEN

I have check the mannul book and it did say 2 stage 5.7".... feel got rid off because my supplier told me 2stage are are lot better than 3 stages, and he knew the main points I wanting a machine is can run a long hose without take the machine into the house.

Also because I am using mytee heater, and current add a hygo force inline filter, so it would be difficult to move the machine and power lead around while I was doing cleaning, I have heard someone suggested to replace a better motor, I don't know if that would work and obviously I don't know how ...

The power draw in manual book: 10.03 Amp, wide open / 7.43 Amp full load, and to add pump out pump is only 0.75amp, but answered from our supplier is impossible because it will over loading ... I feel it shouldn't matter