Nautilus MXE-500AP 8.4 motors

Total Cleaning Service

Sep 13, 2015
Real Name
Matthew Tyson
I wanted to share my experience with this machine, so here we go! (When I say old machine i mean my 500psi sandia sniper)

1. Solution pump 500 is a unloader versus a regulator on my sandia sniper(i believe thats the right term). When you let go of the trigger it goes back to 0 and when the trigger is pulled it goes to the psi that i set. It feels like it has more pressure than it reads on the gauge.

2. Vaccum.... the 2 8.4 motors IMO is the closet that you can get to truckmount performance in a portable. 1 8.4 motor on this machine is stronger than both of 5.7 motors on my old machine combined. When i turn on both motors i get a whistle from the wand. Excellent water recovery. I have used it with and without my mytee lint hog inline filter doesn't feel like any loss in suction but i only use 50ft of 2in hose and a 2in 4 jet wand. The lint hog catches alot of carpet fuzz and pet hair, even after a good vacuuming.
The only prob im having is the vaccum motors overheating. I did get the machine used but in like new condition no visible signs of wear on the motors, they look brand new. There isnt alot of airflow in the chassis except one small computer exhaust fan on the back.
If you want to use a hydromaster dm3 upholstery wand you need to use a vac relief and only one motor of not the water doesnt flow correctly.

3. APO....i havent used this yet but i think its 18.3 gpm and you have to use a inline filter so it doesnt get clogged up

Conclusion: Overall im happy with the machine, just use it in a well ventilated area so it doesnt over heat. I may try to change out the motors of it persist

822322f47d7646d046659c98f2e1d588.jpg

0f7e41e055d6a722cb0286c169c6b72b.jpg

afab3980aed254b793849bb2ea4990b5.jpg

ff298aa2509fd61610689f596600b8d1.jpg

b2601c6b60ceb4c006d37d69c0005af4.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920P using TMF Forums mobile app

Last edited:

brianedwards25

Mar 26, 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
Real Name
Brian
Business Location
United States
I wanted to share my experience with this machine, so here we go! (When I say old machine i mean my 500psi sandia sniper)

1. Solution pump 500 is a unloader versus a regulator on my sandia sniper(i believe thats the right term). When you let go of the trigger it goes back to 0 and when the trigger is pulled it goes to the psi that i set. It feels like it has more pressure than it reads on the gauge.

2. Vaccum.... the 2 8.4 motors IMO is the closet that you can get to truckmount performance in a portable. 1 8.4 motor on this machine is stronger than both of 5.7 motors on my old machine combined. When i turn on both motors i get a whistle from the wand. Excellent water recovery. I have used it with and without my mytee lint hog inline filter doesn't feel like any loss in suction but i only use 50ft of 2in hose and a 2in 4 jet wand. The lint hog catches alot of carpet fuzz and pet hair, even after a good vacuuming.
The only prob im having is the vaccum motors overheating. I did get the machine used but in like new condition no visible signs of wear on the motors, they look brand new. There isnt alot of airflow in the chassis except one small computer exhaust fan on the back.
If you want to use a hydromaster dm3 upholstery wand you need to use a vac relief and only one motor of not the water doesnt flow correctly.

3. APO....i havent used this yet but i think its 18.3 gpm and you have to use a inline filter so it doesnt get clogged up

Conclusion: Overall im happy with the machine, just use it in a well ventilated area so it doesnt over heat. I may try to change out the motors of it persist

How is the size and weight of the unit? Is it significantly bigger than the Sandia?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using TMF Forums mobile app

Total Cleaning Service

Sep 13, 2015
Real Name
Matthew Tyson
How is the size and weight of the unit? Is it significantly bigger than the Sandia?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using TMF Forums mobile app
There is a picture there of the 2 side by side. The Nautilus is heavier but the weight is distributed evenly so its easy to roll and go up steps. I can also take 50ft of hose, bucket, chems etc and the wand straps to the front all in one trip

Reactions: Scott W

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
I do like the way Nautilous has place to carry so many things on top or strapped on. There are also optional accessory caddies and hose bags to mount on the side / rear of the machine for making it easier to carry everything you can think of for the job all in one trip.

showimg.php

CCWorks

Premium VIP
Jan 3, 2010
Michigan
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States
Does it over heat in series, parallel or both ways?

The Sniper only has two 2 stage vac motors and what amps are the rated for?

You can get a 120 mm high cfm fan that will help cool component compartment. May have to do some cutting or get a cone shaped shroud coupling.

Reactions: StevenB.

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States

does the 4 jet wand work well with it?

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States

You can get a 120 mm high cfm fan that will help cool component compartment. May have to do some cutting or get a cone shaped shroud coupling.
that's what I was thinking, cut a hole and install a fan, blowing in!!

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States

Wonder if he can add hole to the back unless it's solution tank wraps all the way around. I can almost guarantee that steel floor will be hard as hell. I burnt 3 hole saws trying to get through the bottom of a ninja warrior. Tried tap magic cutting fluid too. We ended up putting it into a vice and using a mill to drill as slow as the mill would run. We got through but even then teeth were chipping off. They must have hardened the metal floor is all we could think of.

But I agree it needs venting with fan blowing in.

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Lol put some holes in it. probably the last thing he wants to here. But from the pics. It does look like it needs some venting. Maybe while letting it run keep an eye on the fan. Maybe it's cutting out on you while your working.

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
Lol put some holes in it. probably the last thing he wants to here. But from the pics. It does look like it needs some venting. Maybe while letting it run keep an eye on the fan. Maybe it's cutting out on you while your working.

yes im sure the floor would be hard to put a hole in but that would be the best place for the hole,, but I bet I can find a case fan,3 inches that will blow in and help with ventilation,,, I just bought a nautilus and it should be here Monday ! my next one will be a jaguar I think but we all voted and the first new one is a nautilus and its on the way.

Reactions: keep it clean

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
yes im sure the floor would be hard to put a hole in but that would be the best place for the hole,, but I bet I can find a case fan,3 inches that will blow in and help with ventilation,,, I just bought a nautilus and it should be here Monday ! my next one will be a jaguar I think but we all voted and the first new one is a nautilus and its on the way.

I got this fan it's a little bigger. But it moves some air. If you need it let me know. I'm not using it. It was used to cool wiring compartment of. A soldering oven.
c7162913bcf11eeac3f47ebdb78919d4.jpg
52f36bfbee768b0d42db3e5b67de1c2a.jpg
But the company went to 220 v fans so this one got pulled out. It's 115v 20 watt

Total Cleaning Service

Sep 13, 2015
Real Name
Matthew Tyson

I have only used it in parallel.

The sniper has 2 3 stage motors and i believe there 12.8 amps each. My issue is with the Nautilus overheating and i think the fan you suggested is a good idea. The only reason I mentioned the sniper is because of the different motors and my experience going from 1.5 inch to 2" all the way, im not yhe best writer haha

Total Cleaning Service

Sep 13, 2015
Real Name
Matthew Tyson
Wonder if he can add hole to the back unless it's solution tank wraps all the way around. I can almost guarantee that steel floor will be hard as hell. I burnt 3 hole saws trying to get through the bottom of a ninja warrior. Tried tap magic cutting fluid too. We ended up putting it into a vice and using a mill to drill as slow as the mill would run. We got through but even then teeth were chipping off. They must have hardened the metal floor is all we could think of.

But I agree it needs venting with fan blowing in.

I have room on the left, right to add a fan. If you look at pic, from the gap down is where the motor compartment is. The motors are more toward tge left. Above the gap is the solution tank. There is already a fan on the back but it could be made bigger. And yes the bottom is thick steel

Reactions: keep it clean

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
I have room on the left, right to add a fan. If you look at pic, from the gap down is where the motor compartment is. The motors are more toward tge left. Above the gap is the solution tank. There is already a fan on the back but it could be made bigger. And yes the bottom is thick steel

The fan that's there should do the job. You just need a vent hole for it to force hot air out. I used hole saw and put a computer fan metal screen over it so it wasn't just a open hole. The compartment fan should be blowing in cool air. I use to think it was better the fan sucking hot air out but was wrong.

That machine look really nice for being used. Looks new! Great score

CCWorks

Premium VIP
Jan 3, 2010
Michigan
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States

I installed a 120 mm 100 CFM fan in my mytee.
When I spill a lot of water that runs down the sides the fan blows water in the component compartment.
To fix the problem I added a silicone bead around the fan, on the outer side of component compartment that deflects the water from entering the air flow of the fan.

It is best to have the fan blowing out, not in, as the intake air flow should not be so strong to suck water or other debris in the component compartment and blow it all over in side.

Last edited:
Reactions: Suction Junkie

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
I got this fan it's a little bigger. But it moves some air. If you need it let me know. I'm not using it. It was used to cool wiring compartment of. A soldering oven.
c7162913bcf11eeac3f47ebdb78919d4.jpg
52f36bfbee768b0d42db3e5b67de1c2a.jpg
But the company went to 220 v fans so this one got pulled out. It's 115v 20 watt

thank you for the offer ! I bought this machine because of the size and vacs, if it overheats I plan on checking the wires first, then I will put one of those high volume 3 inch fans to move air,,, I think I have one of those fans you are showing in the shop. But I agree with you up above I don't think they are allowing enough air flow in the lower case so either adding some vent holes which I would try first and if that didn't work I would add a 3 inch fan, blowing in.

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
I do like the way Nautilous has place to carry so many things on top or strapped on. There are also optional accessory caddies and hose bags to mount on the side / rear of the machine for making it easier to carry everything you can think of for the job all in one trip.

showimg.php
where are these accessories at on the interlink web site

Latest posts