Nautilus extractor models | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Nautilus extractor models

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
If you do get the auto fill make sure you purchase faucet adapters so to can hook up to a bathroom or kitchen faucet. I would recommend getting the auto fill for sure.
I made a universal fill hose from an bicycle innertube. Don't need to mess with adapters, one end slips over the faucet and a rubber band holds it on.

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
JJgunsmith, Get the Nautilus , get some tank heaters and in 10 minutes youll blow all the steam you want and clean better than most pros..... Remember Chicks like big machines ! size matters

mbrandt

Apr 5, 2011
Wisconsin
Real Name
Mark Brandt
Business Location
United States
I have had my nautilus for several years and just recently had to replace one of the vacuum motors. I was told that what happens is that if the waste water is sucked into the motor because you waited to long to dump lint will build up on impellers. In my situation the bearings went out. It’s a machine and needs maintenance and sometimes repair. Now with new vac Motor am back in business and seems like more suction

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
I have had my nautilus for several years and just recently had to replace one of the vacuum motors. I was told that what happens is that if the waste water is sucked into the motor because you waited to long to dump lint will build up on impellers. In my situation the bearings went out. It’s a machine and needs maintenance and sometimes repair. Now with new vac Motor am back in business and seems like more suction
Your float should prevent waste water from going into the motors. The problem you're more likely to have is foam getting sucked in. When that happens empty the machine and then run the motors for about 10 minutes, then I spray some WD40 into them. That will prevent them from seizing due to rust and corrosion.
There's other things you can do to keep them running longer. Of course eventually bearings will go. Then that's that. Best thing to do is learn what it sounds like when they are starting to go bad and listen to the machine when you turn it off. When you hear that little rattle as the machine is powering down, order new vacs. The old ones will still have enough life in them you can keep running them until the new ones arrive.

Reactions: gordon qian

Chichako

Oct 8, 2020
Real Name
Brian Betts
Hello everyone, newbie here and I have a question. I’m not out on my own yet but I am helping a guy for awhile to get my feet under me a bit. I want to get my own unit and have settled in a nautilus extreme. Depending on where you look, there seems to be multiple models some say restoration model some say auto pump out model. I want the extreme with the big vac motors auto fill and auto pump out, best I can tell that would be model MXE-500map. Any help would be appreciated, which model and where to buy. I don’t want to make a 4 thousand dollar mistake.
Thanks!!
JJ
Y

Chichako

Oct 8, 2020
Real Name
Brian Betts
I own a Nautilus 500mx and have been very pleased with my purchace. It get me into places that my truckmount does not. It is used for my winter busisness. Gets -20 up here and I put my TM to bed at the end of October. Its rough finding two lines on older building. The auto pump is not used. Easier to dump buckets. Foam is an issue so use deformed every time you dump. Happy cleaning