Nautilus extractor models | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Nautilus extractor models

JJgunsmith

Sep 9, 2020
Real Name
John Jenkins
Hello everyone, newbie here and I have a question. I’m not out on my own yet but I am helping a guy for awhile to get my feet under me a bit. I want to get my own unit and have settled in a nautilus extreme. Depending on where you look, there seems to be multiple models some say restoration model some say auto pump out model. I want the extreme with the big vac motors auto fill and auto pump out, best I can tell that would be model MXE-500map. Any help would be appreciated, which model and where to buy. I don’t want to make a 4 thousand dollar mistake.
Thanks!!
JJ

mbrandt

Apr 5, 2011
Wisconsin
Real Name
Mark Brandt
Business Location
United States
That is the model I have. Has an auto fill and an auto dump. The auto fill really comes in handy. I used to have a truck mount and sold that so because I do mainly commercial I purchased this. I wanted a very strong suction. Good choice.

Reactions: Fedri

JJgunsmith

Sep 9, 2020
Real Name
John Jenkins
Have you had any electrical issues or issues with the pump out feature? Those are really the only two issues I’ve heard of. Besides the weight of the unit, which seems to be subjective.

AussieCarpetBloke

Premium VIP
May 15, 2016
Real Name
Corey
Hello everyone, newbie here and I have a question. I’m not out on my own yet but I am helping a guy for awhile to get my feet under me a bit. I want to get my own unit and have settled in a nautilus extreme. Depending on where you look, there seems to be multiple models some say restoration model some say auto pump out model. I want the extreme with the big vac motors auto fill and auto pump out, best I can tell that would be model MXE-500map. Any help would be appreciated, which model and where to buy. I don’t want to make a 4 thousand dollar mistake.
Thanks!!
JJ

@jtsunbrite uses nautilus, due to wiring issues he reccomends rewiring the entire machine with thicker gauge wire and better connectors

If you’re worried about weight MYTEE LX Air-hog/Water-hog combo has about the best vacuum lift specs going around
Also has enough psi -1200 to to do tile and grout

Also has auto fill/dump too
Great machine-much lighter and being a “modular” setup easy to transport/load/carry/setup etc

Reactions: Fedri

JJgunsmith

Sep 9, 2020
Real Name
John Jenkins
@jtsunbrite uses nautilus, due to wiring issues he reccomends rewiring the entire machine with thicker gauge wire and better connectors

If you’re worried about weight MYTEE LX Air-hog/Water-hog combo has about the best vacuum lift specs going around
Also has enough psi -1200 to to do tile and grout

Also has auto fill/dump too
Great machine-much lighter and being a “modular” setup easy to transport/load/carry/setup etc

I’ve read people talking about that setup, does it run on 2 cords?

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
I’ve read people talking about that setup, does it run on 2 cords?
Depends, if you lower the psi down it will run on 2 cords. You also have the option to increase pressure to 800 psi and use one vac on one line and use the high pressure pump on the other line for tile grout cleaning. Lower it down to 400 psi for carpet/upholstery cleaning and most likely you can use it in 2 separate lines, just make sure you find free lines (washrooms, laundry, garage lines are free) so you don't overload it. You can also buy a 240v converter when you find the 240v socket easy of access you can use that as well.

mbrandt

Apr 5, 2011
Wisconsin
Real Name
Mark Brandt
Business Location
United States
I have not any wire issues but I have had one vacuum overheat and shut off several times so now if it is in a confined area and warm I will aim a small fan toward it. The pump out will be checked on periodically to make sure it is working

JJgunsmith

Sep 9, 2020
Real Name
John Jenkins
I have not any wire issues but I have had one vacuum overheat and shut off several times so now if it is in a confined area and warm I will aim a small fan toward it. The pump out will be checked on periodically to make sure it is working

Thanks!! It’s between the nautilus and the air hog water hog combo just not sure yet.

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
You will love the Nautilus, as with any machine, sometimes you have to improve it.. The Case is great and the motors are great. But the nautilus is by far 200 thousand times better than the air hog. You can do anything you want with the nautilus... The Nautilus and the Jaguar are the cream of the crop of machines.

• Wow
Reactions: gordon qian and JRH

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
Thanks!! It’s between the nautilus and the air hog water hog combo just not sure yet.
The airhog is a tiny machine you need a big loud noise, Customers love to hear that loud noise.. it cleans like a truckmount , only better because you can add chems in.. Im sure the air hog works good for a tiny machine, and you know what they say , tiny guys use tiny machines... So get a real mans machine buy the Nautilus !!!

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
I Run a nautilus MXE500 with the pump out. I love it. I've only used the pump out for a flood extraction. I wish I had gotten the auto fill, but they sell the autofill kit so I might buy it and add it in. TBH, I rarely need either.

Only issue is that model does not have heat. In most cases just filling the tank with hot tap water is good enough but sometimes that extra heat really helps. I'd add an inline heater if you can. I like the mytee hot turbo. That puts you up to 3 power cords but the hot turbo has selectable coils so you can plug it into a 15 amp outlet and just not turn on all the coils.

Add in the water hog and you'll have a good set up for doing tile and grout too.

JJgunsmith

Sep 9, 2020
Real Name
John Jenkins
So what model number has the big vac motors auto fill and auto pump out? Is it mice-500map?

JJgunsmith

Sep 9, 2020
Real Name
John Jenkins
For sure, it seems more confusing that it should be. It’s either the Mxe-500map or mxe-500apf. The apf model always seems more expensive but the specs seem the same. I’ll have to find out when I call. Thanks for the help!!

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
The airhog is a tiny machine you need a big loud noise, Customers love to hear that loud noise.. it cleans like a truckmount , only better because you can add chems in.. Im sure the air hog works good for a tiny machine, and you know what they say , tiny guys use tiny machines... So get a real mans machine buy the Nautilus !!!
and you know what they say , tiny guys use tiny machines... So get a real mans machine buy the Nautilus !!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
I Run a nautilus MXE500 with the pump out. I love it. I've only used the pump out for a flood extraction. I wish I had gotten the auto fill, but they sell the autofill kit so I might buy it and add it in. TBH, I rarely need either.

Only issue is that model does not have heat. In most cases just filling the tank with hot tap water is good enough but sometimes that extra heat really helps. I'd add an inline heater if you can. I like the mytee hot turbo. That puts you up to 3 power cords but the hot turbo has selectable coils so you can plug it into a 15 amp outlet and just not turn on all the coils.

Add in the water hog and you'll have a good set up for doing tile and grout too.
Those lx vacs are also very loud in that small machine. I got the bigger 1005lx with 10 gallons of water tanks and some customers do run away from the loud noise that sounds like a jet.

gordon qian

Oct 31, 2019
Real Name
gordon qian
Business Location
Canada
So what model number has the big vac motors auto fill and auto pump out? Is it mice-500map?
you can get the mytee hot turbo as the external heater, i've been using it heavily for two years and it's still going strong. You will have to find a 3rd separate outlet, and reduce the psi below 500 (for the common 2400w model, source: steam-brite.com). One thing convenient about the hot turbo compare to other in line heater is that you can just place it safely on top of Nautilus and you'll also have all the power buttons in one place. Having good heat is very important on carpet and tiles, so you'll still need to pump in hot tap water before the heater.

Last edited: